Jumpin' July! M.E.O.W. takes Command

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

I had planned to go to the cabin this weekend after work on Saturday, but it rained and everyone came home. The FLGS is also having a massive sale, clearing out the Reaper paints for $2 each. I wanted to go shopping! so I was at home pouting. My sister invited me to see the Minions movie with her and the kids, so I had a nice Sunday after all. Today I'm planning to go to her place and hang out with the kids. I slammed my car key in the door and have to get a replacement, and there's a dealership in her town. 

Every summer my rosacia flares up and I get a mask. I refuse to be called a raccoon. I am a badger! Short, chunky and feisty. 

Edited by Great Khan Artist
  • Like 8

On 7/1/2022 at 6:52 PM, Corsair said:

I don't know who has July, but I will start us off:

Quizzle for 1 July, 2022: What plans do you have for the weekend [it's Independence Day weekend here in the US]?

For the long weekend, I planned... not much. Costco, shopping for a plant stand, a few walks, resting. And by golly, I succeeded!

Localized observation: For several vague reasons, July 1st is the day where most people in Quebec move apartments. So hardware/reno stores are swamped during that weekend.

On 7/1/2022 at 10:05 PM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for July 2&3: Are your pets bothered by the fireworks? And if so, give them a snuggle for us!

Pets? Oh you mean the fruit flies!

They have not shown any sign of disturbance, which is a shame. And I'm trying to snuggle them hard out of existence.

• Like 6

On 7/1/2022 at 4:52 PM, Corsair said:

I don't know who has July, but I will start us off:

Quizzle for 1 July, 2022: What plans do you have for the weekend [it's Independence Day weekend here in the US]?

Just more getting our attic organized and stuff. Bbq today, but nothing else. 

• Like 6

Quizzle for 4 July 2022: This marks the day the USA declared it's independence from Great Britain. What is one thing you are grateful for in the land that you call home?

• Like 6

On 7/3/2022 at 7:19 AM, ratsmitglied said:

1. Get concrete slab for chicken coop layed (done)

2. Extract star pickets from incorrect location (done)

3. Put fences in... still have to get this done, and don't have all the gear I need to do it...

4. erect chicken coop...see above

that covers through Monday

So, just to update, I managed to get 3 of the 4 done

mostly...

17 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 4 July 2022: This marks the day the USA declared it's independence from Great Britain. What is one thing you are grateful for in the land that you call home?

something, something, something

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Hmmmm.
Nope, can't say that .  Or that.  Probably not that......
K.  I'm very grateful that we are far enough north to not have poisonous snakes and spiders, but far enough south that we don't get polar bears.  🙂

I am also pretty grateful for poutine and donairs, and the oh so yummy but deadly donair poutine......mmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 4 July 2022: This marks the day the USA declared it's independence from Great Britain.

Don’t know the story about the ?printer error? but voting to pass a document is one thing. Handing out printed copies and then having some of them read out, out loud, and in public is quite another. 

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

What is one thing you are grateful for in the land that you call home?

Willis Haviland Carrier

An engineer from New York State 

…and his marvelous inventions

**Looks at weather app on phone, notes outdoor temp is 100°F.**

God Bleess you Willis Carrier, God Bless you.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

F is for fighting,

R is for red
Ancestors' blood in battles they've shed
E, we elect them,

E, we eject them
In the land of the free and the home of the brave
D, for your dying,

O, your overture
M, is for money, you know what i's worth
This spells out freedom,

From the song "Hook in mouth" by Megadeath

I am also grateful for my Brothers and Sisters serving our country to keep it that way!

The Drow

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

BBQ. 

• Like 6

On 7/1/2022 at 6:53 PM, haldir said:

Game tomorrow (finally after about a month off).

Paint minis for ReaperCon

Work tomorrow night (countdown starts again for my last vacation for my yearly (starts next Saturday).

No fireworks, just not my things. If I wanna see money go up in smoke, I'll buy minis or rpg stuff :poke:.

I might try to mow the yard this weekend, but I doubt as I wouldn't get outside till after 9 (thou maybe the 4th).

Accomplished everything on that list!! I even almost finished a mini (using AP Speedpaints: opinion still up in the air on them). Game on Saturday was great, we just need more players. Funny for awhile my Sat game had more then my Weds, now Weds is the greater amount, sigh.... Mow the backyard today as it needed, helps we've had a very mild day as far as weather goes & of course we'll get the big bang boom tonight, oh joy!

2-3

No pet right now, thou I don't think fireworks bother Thumper much as she would have been outside at this time of the year. If anything she could have ran to her hidey holes if needed.

Hmmmm, Not being in a country like Ukraine where you have anther country invading it & wondering if today is the day I die.

• Like 7

Neighbors are shooting off so many fireworks, (They must have spent $500 on them) that it sounds like a private little war....

I could empty a few magazines and no one would ever notice....

None of the pets seem to overly care....

Thank the Lords of Lead!

• Like 7