Jumpin' July! M.E.O.W. takes Command

7 hours ago, knarthex said:

Ral partha kirin!

Are you using a light grey primer with a black wash???

What it appears to be. 

How are your results?

Priming black. Then I give them a thick dry brush of grey and a light dry brush of white. I can't make out details very well so this helps everything stand out a bit. Also shows me where I should highlight. And it gives a little depth to some parts of the model if I'm glazing or using really thin paint. Results? Mixed I suppose. Helps me see everything though, and I'm typically just be speed painting over here. So until I find something I like better it works well enough. 

• Like 5

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/29/2022 at 4:46 AM, TaleSpinner said:

(Looks like Thursday's question got nixed in the reboot, so here it is again for today)

Friday, July 29: Who is you favorite movie villain?

I'm not exactly sure on this one. Pretty memorables, but no one is standing out right now for me.

On 7/30/2022 at 6:34 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Weekend Question: What's on the workbench this weekend? Show us what you are working on.

Hey, a question I can actually answer, but alas, I don't want to show. ha ha

Currently working on ReaperCon game minis. I'm closer then I thought I'd be at this point. The Speedpainting/Contrast jobs have really helped the production.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Best villain goes to this lady though:

246B994D-51EA-45E7-8CAD-BD202DC0A2B0.thumb.webp.24dd8dc87922a4d2433c7947c5a9e429.webp

No one likes her, even the other villains find her repugnant.

I read an article somewhere that said that even the actress playing her hated her.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

Priming black. Then I give them a thick dry brush of grey and a light dry brush of white. I can't make out details very well so this helps everything stand out a bit. Also shows me where I should highlight. And it gives a little depth to some parts of the model if I'm glazing or using really thin paint. Results? Mixed I suppose. Helps me see everything though, and I'm typically just be speed painting over here. So until I find something I like better it works well enough. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

I read an article somewhere that said that even the actress playing her hated her.

okay

who is she?

I feel that I should know, but drawing a complete blank....

Eclavdra?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, knarthex said:

okay

who is she?

I feel that I should know, but drawing a complete blank....

Eclavdra?

She's in the Harry Potter series, specifically as "Umbridge" a rather... Rules heavy, no humour allowed, kind of person. 

Order of the Phoenix would be the book and/or movie. 

• Like 3

Weekend Question: What's on the workbench this weekend? Show us what you are working on.

I had intended on taking pictures, but it turns out my weekend wasn't going to involve one of two gunpla kits, an Eevee kit, or painting.. Instead it's been No Man's Sky and rearranging the living room. 

Thankfully the weekend isn't over for me as I have Monday off, but yeah. ^_^ on the flipside though, we're steadily getting the living room to look more open, and I'll have dedicated areas for audio gear, both types of 3d printers, and our TV will remain too which is good. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

She's in the Harry Potter series, specifically as "Umbridge" a rather... Rules heavy, no humour allowed, kind of person. 

Order of the Phoenix would be the book and/or movie. 

Thanks 

Never read or saw anything from that series....

• Like 3

16 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Best villain goes to this lady though:

246B994D-51EA-45E7-8CAD-BD202DC0A2B0.thumb.webp.24dd8dc87922a4d2433c7947c5a9e429.webp

No one likes her, even the other villains find her repugnant.

That is an exemplary villain choice. I feel the need to point out that this actress is far more pleasant-looking than my mental images of Dolores Umbridge. 

And she didn’t simper nearly enough in the movies. 

In other news:

Good News Everybody!

The new question thread is up. 

Less(?) good news:

G.R.F.F.N is in charge for August. 

Even less good news:

Question #1 is not posted yet. (Must wait 610 or more seconds to defeat the forum software that is always wanting to merge posts...)

• Like 6

On 7/30/2022 at 8:34 AM, TaleSpinner said:

We had a family gathering this weekend, so I stayed at my mother's place during that time.

So I fixed her computer issues (and added a new webcam and speakers), and brought some lubricant with me to fix the squeak in all her doors, her recliner and the computer chair.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 6

This is a long weekend for us. Saturday was an 11 hour day cutting and baling hay. Yesterday we went to Lego Brickspo and looked at a bunch of Lego dioramas on our way to a magical salt lake. Today is minigolf and lots of swimming. Oldest kid has tomorrow off work so we'll spend another night here and swim more in the morning before going home. No pics because they're on the wife's phone and nothing hobby related.

• Like 4

On 7/29/2022 at 11:58 AM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Again, it is the majestic apocalypse that is the flumph.

This is what I immediately thought of. 

image.thumb.png.90e4355b31d52f8a67ef4f41e8fad4b9.png

On 7/30/2022 at 9:17 AM, Corsair said:

Some terrain for Reapercon and a couple of cabooses that I am trying to get done.

Are they train cars for Stargrave: Quarantine by chance? I've been wracking my brain about how to Egyptianize those scenarios. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm working on cleaning off the workbench. My Reaper order came on friday, but I've been at the lake all weekend. I really love that Julie Gunthrie gnoll. I bought it to see how much I liked it before committing to the gnoll sets in Bones 6. It's the 20th anniversary celebration of LoTR over at GW, and there's a big reveal for fans of the SBG on 7 August. I'm rekindling my love of the SBG and finishing models that have been sitting on the table for far too long. The mumak is the biggest dilemma, it's been there for years while I figure out how to paint so much grey flesh. The build table has a pad of graph paper and some thin foamcore; I want to build a village for LoTR haradrim, Sandgrave and Wargods of Aegyptus. Right now I'm finishing LoTR ruffians and will be moving on to hobbits soon. I'm seriously thinking about buying some T&T Combat MDF Egyptian and halfling terrain. I like the Ziterdes hobbit hole fronts, but the shipping is absurd. 

• Like 5

• Super Administrators
On 7/29/2022 at 5:41 PM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

@kit I have noticed that several posts and reactions have disappeared from this thread. Will they be restored at some point?

On 7/29/2022 at 6:08 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Most likely not, the forums were recovered from a backup from a couple days ago. See the News section for more details. 

What @Chaoswolf said.

• Like 3