Gargoyle Crackle: Ghast 03640 Conversion

I used Julie Guthries Ghast 03640 to build my gargoyle character who calls himself Crackle. I added parts from a broken Confrontation paladin, some greenstuff, wings from a long ago Reapercon Metal Trade, and some Reaper bits I had lying around. Would love some critique with this conversion as it is hard to get good feedback way out here in the badlands of New Mexico. TIA.

crackle01.jpg

crackle02.jpg

crackle03.jpg

crackle04.jpg

• Like 11

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty kick-butt conversion!! :winkthumbs:

I honestly don't see anything that I think needs any work at all. Krulebear 's suggestion is a very good one, though.

• Like 2

Thanks. I forgot to credit the breastplate: it is from Reapers Arachno Sergeant 02158 sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I wanted something that fit oddly, like it didn't really belong to help give that piecemeal armor vibe to the model.

• Like 2

Excellent conversion, once it's painted no one will think it was ever anything but a cool armored Gargoyle.

only odd thing is the weapon and shield on the same arm?

• Like 1

Yeh... the shield is a little large for a buckler, but that is what I was aiming for. Confrontation shields are cool. In the games where I will be using this mini, Crackle will be able to use the buckler to add to AC or make attacks with a weapon in the same turn. Glaives are two handed anyway and I didn't want to mess up the cool looking hand on the other side... Julie went to a lot of trouble to sculpt it and I didn't want to waste the little creep factor it gives. Also, gargoyles have claws and can use them as weapons....

Shout out to Julie Guthrie, bit FYI, I found the distance from knee to ankle is different on the legs of this model. What an interesting find. I love it. It will add greatly to the description of movement during play...

On 7/6/2022 at 11:00 PM, themudhead said:

Shout out to Julie Guthrie, bit FYI, I found the distance from knee to ankle is different on the legs of this model. What an interesting find. I love it. It will add greatly to the description of movement during play...

isn't it interesting how much story line pops into your head just by looking at these things? The ideas for the composition of my  dioramas all came from the minis themselves.

You can just imagine Gauth's twisted gait, as he throws his longer leg forward and half drags the short one

• Like 1