02509 Mother Superior

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found when I am lazy and don’t want to cut the broccoli base off, is to put it in a recessed base. Then it is easier to make the gaps more natural. E.g. fill around with water effect, fill with putty, glue a couple stone, glue som grass tufts, etc…. Or a combination of them all. 

but agree with GW in this cade. Does look like she is standing on a rock in a puddle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love be that face...so much attitude. The warhammer looks great, too. I like the way the leather bits have a slight redness to them...makes them look crisp and new (which is something we don't always see... nice change of pace).

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 11:50 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Good paintjob!

Wouldn't bother too much, the base is fine, this is a rock in water, I see no problem with it,

Thanks!

On 7/4/2022 at 2:52 PM, KruleBear said:

I have found when I am lazy and don’t want to cut the broccoli base off, is to put it in a recessed base. Then it is easier to make the gaps more natural. E.g. fill around with water effect, fill with putty, glue a couple stone, glue som grass tufts, etc…. Or a combination of them all. 

but agree with GW in this cade. Does look like she is standing on a rock in a puddle. 

Great idea with the recess base! I have to add a few of those with my next order.

On 7/4/2022 at 3:50 PM, Chaoswolf said:

She looks great!

Thanks!

On 7/4/2022 at 6:46 PM, Darcstaar said:

I too see a rock in a puddle, so no worries.  Great work.  Her determination is palpable!

Thank you!

On 7/5/2022 at 8:10 PM, Iridil said:

Love that blue - and the base is fine - I hate cutting off the broclli base too.... 

Yeah, usually I try to hide those broccoli bases under layers of milliput.

On 7/6/2022 at 2:58 AM, Grand Slam said:

Love be that face...so much attitude. The warhammer looks great, too. I like the way the leather bits have a slight redness to them...makes them look crisp and new (which is something we don't always see... nice change of pace).

I used a warmer brown to balance out the cold blue, but yeah, she actually is about to go on her first mission, full of determination and with brand new stuff.

• Like 1

I also think the base looks like a mossy stone in water. Works well for me. The head of the warhammer is convincign use of TMM and the face is the highlight of the mini. Subtle shading and highlighting, great expression.

Some suggestions: Push the contrast even further, deeper shadows, lighter highlights. Or try warm / cold contrast or maybe textures. The leather boots are a great surface to paint heavily used leather with scratches and scuffs.

• Like 1