77194 Cthulhu (Pic heavy)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Rigel said:

Amazing airbrushing all over, but I gotta put some special praise on those wormlike fleshy tentacles! 

I agree with this. There's a lot to love here, but the tentacles are definitely my favorite bit.

I like the blue on the back spine and the finger webs. Kudos to you for thinking outside the box in terms of coloration. I think it would have also been neat to have the wing membranes be the same color. While I'm no expert on the physiology of Great Old Ones, (those particular anatomy texts can be dangerous to find and study 🙂 ), it seems like they'd be made out of the same type of skin.

Outstanding piece. Well worth the time you put into it 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is very well done. Great blends via the airbrush (did you use at all brush by hand?) and great colour choices. The fleshy bit under eyes is really creepy and the tentacles add to this impression. Would be a great scheme for an Illithid, too. I would have preferred a more desaturated blue, but it nevertheless works for the membranes. Finally, the base is simple, yet evocative with the old ruins.

12 hours ago, Peithetairos said:

This is very well done. Great blends via the airbrush (did you use at all brush by hand?) 

Thanks for the kind comments.

I went through several iterations of airbrush highlights (I think there are around 5 different shades of green in there, including an almost fluorescent greenish yellow), but I finished it off with a very light drybrush of pale green (Citadel Nurgling Green) to bring up the highlights. I need to work on my confidence with actually applying those highlights directly with the airbrush.