30060 Gabron Farpath, Ranger

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Nial ap Morai said:

Sure thing!

Some suggestions: Try to push the contrast a tad more. Could be via value, warm / cold colours or texture. I think the face and cloak would pop more if you add deeper shadows and lighter highlights.

The OSL on the sword doesn't convince me, mostly because the light source is not bright enough and secondly because there is no cast light on the arm and body. You could glaze some of the blue on the arm and side of the miniature that would be illuminated by the sword and brighten the sword blade up a tad with white or a baby blue.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peithetairos said:

Some suggestions: Try to push the contrast a tad more. Could be via value, warm / cold colours or texture. I think the face and cloak would pop more if you add deeper shadows and lighter highlights.

The OSL on the sword doesn't convince me, mostly because the light source is not bright enough and secondly because there is no cast light on the arm and body. You could glaze some of the blue on the arm and side of the miniature that would be illuminated by the sword and brighten the sword blade up a tad with white or a baby blue.

Thanks! 

I agree with Peithetairos about pushing the contrast further. Just make sure you don't go TOO bright (the overall dark color scheme that you used really works for him, you just want to highlight the areas that are most exposed to the light). Overall, you did good. Some added highlighting would make it even cooler.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Grand Slam said:

I agree with Peithetairos about pushing the contrast further. Just make sure you don't go TOO bright (the overall dark color scheme that you used really works for him, you just want to highlight the areas that are most exposed to the light). Overall, you did good. Some added highlighting would make it even cooler.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.  I can’t tell you how many attempts I made on that sword, lots of swearing.  Lots of videos but not enough patience