Finally got Strike Ops

CptSlowhand

I finally got the Strike Ops rule book and am starting to read through it.  Not bothered overmuch about lore changes and haven't gotten much further into the rules.  Rules changes don't bother me much if they are different but improve things.  Especially interested in any changes to ECM.  After downloading and getting the force builder application to run, I feel set back.  Attached are pictures of my trusty CAV2 era Rach.  (I also have similar sized forces for Ritterlich and smaller forces for ADON and Terrans).  There are lots of classic models that have rules but are missing from the Talon Games store, lots of missing models with rules and lots of classic models without rules.  I understand that some changes are in order, to harmonize scale and maybe because of mold/casting issues.  CAVBOSS, invalidating forces/units is a tried and tested way to make long time players frustrated; why take a risk alienating players when CAV is already smaller than and overshadowed by BT?

20220711_184111.jpg

20220711_184528.jpg

20220711_184543.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, little bit of an update here.  Did a bigger dive into the Talon Games website.  Lots going on there, and while I still wonder at some things it is pretty impressive.  I did not grasp the scale of what was happening on the modeling front and was clueless about the kickstarters.  Rules are easier to write than miniatures are to make so that accounts for the big gaps in the unit lists.  Gives us something to look forward to.  

• Reaper User

Hi there CptSlowhand. Sorry for the late reply but since we have our own forums now over at talon-games.com I dont spend as much time here. Anyways, there are the black and white data cards available for every model (under the downloads page) that I'm aware of but a lot havent been set up as the "color" data cards yet. There have been some model changes but if there is not an "official" card a few minutes with the construction system will fix you right up.