And another one of those crazy flying unicorns, a Thunderbolt Mountain Miniature sculpted by Tom Meier

Hi again all you Reaper cats and kittens!

here's the other miniature I just finished a bit ago, another flying unicorn piloted by a fairy with an attitude.  This is one of the miniatures that Tom Meier back in the day sculpted for his daughter, who had the actual concept for the miniature and then later sold them under his Thunderbolt Mountain label.  Well, years after Thunderbolt Mountain has closed down, it's been resurrected at the Ral Partha Legacy site, where the fine folk there continue to make some high quality classic miniatures as well as some new sculpts as well.  Seems a good moment to mention that they had a Kickstarter that is ending on July 14th with some groovy swell stuff, so might be worth checking out.  In the meantime, back to our regularly scheduled program and the flying unicorn:

TMM-4200_Purple6_500.jpeg.de62f6da0af37d4265b2229d573a8514.jpegTMM-4200_Purple5_500.jpg.40e83f581b8c163c7cb7d3ac947d6787.jpgTMM-4200_Purple4_500.jpeg.b948e1c4c6bc8b5d82237e247540715a.jpegTMM-4200_Purple3_500.jpeg.aa912a176bed43fb0c510b2e466440e6.jpegTMM-4200_Purple2_500.jpg.153b9cae57fc985e236174b893f5fec6.jpgTMM-4200_Purple1_500.jpeg.9849a80c0c8e12b80f11913991cebf2a.jpeg

Kind of awkward to photograph, and the pilot/driver/rider isn't in the greatest of focus, but hopefully you all get the idea. I'd done this miniature before, but was asked to do another one for a trio, so here she is.

Anyways, hope you all enjoy, and don't forget to check out Ral Partha Legacy's Kickstarter!

• Like 22

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

So weird!  Love your colorful interpretation.  Sweet blending.

Thanks! He's literally called a pink flying unicorn, but I'd already done two pink ones, so I needed another color scheme and still manage to hit some pink in there somewhere.

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Very cool!

Thanks Chaoswolf, glad you like them!

42 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great job again!

The A-10 from the Fairy World.

No idea what her gun fires, but I'm sure whatever it is she's deadly...

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gantrell said:

Not my cup of tea but I can appreciate a beautiful paint job! very nice.

Hard to believe you wouldn't be utterly enamored with a flying unicorn and her very agressive fairy pilot, but I do appreciate the compliment!

• Like 2

Definitely delivered on the "crazy" 🙂

I really like the shading/highlighting on the unicorn's purple fur. I also dig the way the entire model is (certainly) colorful - however, the colors all still hang together and complement each other well (i.e., it's not just a random explosion of color for the sake of color). Great planning and execution.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Grand Slam said:

Definitely delivered on the "crazy" 🙂

I really like the shading/highlighting on the unicorn's purple fur. I also dig the way the entire model is (certainly) colorful - however, the colors all still hang together and complement each other well (i.e., it's not just a random explosion of color for the sake of color). Great planning and execution.

Maybe my subconscious attempts at color theory without realizing it?