Need help

Spartan6

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Intriguing..  I'm not sure I understand the refrence " we've crossed the.." though.

Oh, any artsy types want to draw up a logo/poster art for free?  LOL ::D:

The Rubicon River. When Caesar crossed the Rubicon, during the Gaelic War, he wrote in his journal (or proclaimed loudly, depending on which history you read) "Alea iacta est.", which means, "The die is cast".

To cross the Rubicon is to reach the point of no return.

Intriguing..  I'm not sure I understand the refrence " we've crossed the.." though.

Oh, any artsy types want to draw up a logo/poster art for free?   LOL ::D:

The Rubicon River. When Caesar crossed the Rubicon, during the Gaelic War, he wrote in his journal (or proclaimed loudly, depending on which history you read) "Alea iacta est.", which means, "The die is cast".

Cooool....... ::):

Okay.. I understand now.. Very cool idea Bach. ::):

Actually it was a bit after Caesar's Gallic Wars. It was actually at the beginning of the Civil Wars period. The phrase refers to when Caesar crossed the Rubicon in defiance of the wishes of the Senate. Beyond the Rubicon (which IIRC is into Italy proper) only the Consuls had the Right of Imperium (i.e. right of Life and Death). By crossing the Rubicon -- with his army -- he openly declared his opposition.

Damon.

For years I've said to myself:

"Jason!” because I'm on a first name basis with me, "If you ever have a con, we're going to name it RubiCon!"

To which I reply:

"Jake the Snake!" I hate it when I call myself that, but I do it anyway, "I like the cut of your jib!"

It pretty much can go on like that for a good hour, hour and half.

My point, and believe it or not I had one when I started, is that since I'm unlikely to ever have my own con, I now proudly give the idea to you, and thereby, the world!

For years I've said to myself:

"Jason!” because I'm on a first name basis with me, "If you ever have a con, we're going to name it RubiCon!"

To which I reply:

"Jake the Snake!" I hate it when I call myself that, but I do it anyway, "I like the cut of your jib!"

It pretty much can go on like that for a good hour, hour and half.

My point, and believe it or not I had one when I started, is that since I'm unlikely to ever have my own con, I now proudly give the idea to you, and thereby, the world!

I'm honored ::):

Call it Uni Con. Have a Unicorn for the logo. Claim you;re from Boston, and that's how you say and spell Unicorn there. Also on the back of the tee it should read "Dude, itsa wicked pissa Con!"

Artists Con: "All products are free. Really. Honest." Have a winking face or crossed fingers as a logo.

Def Con: "The Apocalypse is coming" Have a Grim Reaper, 4 Horsemen, or a Mushroom cloud as a logo.

Pro Con: "Where ambivalence reigns" Have a set of scales as a logo.

Okay, too much caffeine, too little sleep. Damn 9 PM starts for football and 10 PM starts for baseball.

I'm pretty sure there has been a RubiCon, I know I've seen that reference before. Isn't there a Rubicon Games? As a side note, RIT's dead Con was called RudiCon, probably related...

There are already 2 Unicons and even a Uny-Com (with a Unicorn as a mascot, it's held here in Rochester).

I'm liking Pro Con though. Def Con ranks up there too.