Abhorrent August, Daily Question Thread for Aug-2022

TGP

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TGP said:

Q: 12 AUG

Do you or have you ever played hybrid games?

(Such as mixing 5e with Savage Worlds or Warhammer augmented with some other tabletop game.)

No, I haven't.  I am not opposed to the idea,  though. 

ETA--I will happily pillage bits from a variety of sources and adapt them to the game rules I happen to be using,  but I dont think that's quite the same thing that you're talking about. 

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, TGP said:

(Such as mixing 5e with Savage Worlds or Warhammer augmented with some other tabletop game.)

Umm, nope, I have Beta tested some games, but never a mixed bag like this.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

No, I haven't.  I am not opposed to the idea,  though. 

ETA--I will happily pillage bits from a variety of sources and adapt them to the game rules I happen to be using,  but I dont think that's quite the same thing that you're talking about. 

what the Wolf howled!:devil:

• Like 8

10 hours ago, TGP said:

Stranger things have been known to happen... 

Would probably happen more often, but we don't get the chance to switch tracks much, and I only have one active group ... so. Y'know. Stuff. 

• Like 8

Q: WEEKEND 13-14 AUG

Premise: you are forced to relocate (you can take it all with you if you like) but you must go. The good news is you can choose anywhere else on Earth to live. Your new place is even guaranteed to be a bit nicer-larger. 

Where would you choose to land and start over?

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

Further Clarifications:

Staying in the same county or city or Parrish etc. is not a valid choice. 

If you do the Zorgons will find you and all will be lost!

Imagine any scenario you like for the reason you are moving: fulfilling a bucket list wish, witness protection, lottery numbers correct, a Federation Starship beams you and your domicile up into a vast cargo bay—they inform you that they are saving you from the Zorgons—you just have to pick a new location to live—they’ll beam you and yours into the new situation in about 5 orbits… (and they’ll handle the rest).

Bonus Cred if you dredge up and include a picture of your new surroundings with your answer. 

Edited by TGP
Adddedd mörr wûrds.
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Some place a tidal wave could get me. Southeast asia looks nice and the food is awesome. 

Krabi_744921.jpg.01aeece9dbd48354e488fc6fc07fd8fb.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

London, UK. Been thrice, adore the museums and west end, and find the tube super easy.  Pic's from near the hostel I stayed at in 2003.  Lost the month's worth of 2004 pics in a hard drive crash, and most of the 2003's are from inside the British museum. 

pool w fake heron.jpg

hostel door .jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Premise: you are forced to relocate (you can take it all with you if you like) but you must go. The good news is you can choose anywhere else on Earth to live. Your new place is even guaranteed to be a bit nicer-larger. 

Welp. I guess Andi's going to get his wish and we're gonna relocate to.. wherever it was he wanted to move to that wasn't Australia... 

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Considering we just made a 1000km move to start over

about 70km eastish from where we are now

• Like 10

23 hours ago, TGP said:

I haven't done that yet. Adapting a game does sound like a fun/interesting idea though.

9 hours ago, TGP said:

I did that. When Cap'n John landed in a nursing home & his house was sold I was forced to move. Son Matt wanted me to move into his new home. AND here I am back in the old home town, Sound Beach.

I wasn't able to take it all with me though, but I did take enough to keep me busy for the rest of my life. The two things I had to leave behind that I truly miss are the car & my friend. I miss the independence & the companionship, but such is life. The new place is, otherwise, much nicer.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TGP said:

As long as I have access to medical supplies and plenty of hobby stuff, the South Pacific sounds nice this time of year.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, TGP said:

I have absolutely no idea. Sort of the same topic was the inspiration for a conversation my wife and I had about a week or two ago. (Where are we going to go to retire when/if such a time ever arrives)

We're NOT staying in Texas (entirely too hot, among other things), but we're most likely also not going back to the Northeast, either. We  came up with a bunch of 'maybe's ' and 'possibilities' but never actually came to a concrete conclusion. 

Anyway, to provide some sort of an actual answer to the question:  Hobbiton.

1427747168179.jpeg.09a58d7acdc42a1b8df91e12e339dc0b.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, TGP said:

There are so many little things I'd like in a new place/city that I don't think I can pin down a specific location. I'm a city person, so I like having access to tons of services and events. I prefer to avoid driving all the time, so access to public transport. Walking paths and a few parks. Seasonal weather that isn't prone to extremes (cold spells, heat waves, heavy rains). Clean air to breathe. Not noisy.

Despite some of their flaws (heat, cold, pollution, noise), cities like Montreal (lived there about 5 years) or New York City already have most of what I like. To a lesser degree, so is the Quebec City area where I grew up.

I'm not familiar enough with the large European cities to comment, but I do love the architecture.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, TGP said:

New Zealand

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1