Abhorrent August, Daily Question Thread for Aug-2022

TGP

18 hours ago, TGP said:

Q: WEEKEND 13-14 AUG

Premise: you are forced to relocate (you can take it all with you if you like) but you must go. The good news is you can choose anywhere else on Earth to live. Your new place is even guaranteed to be a bit nicer-larger. 

Where would you choose to land and start over?

We just did this less than 2 years ago. If we had to go somewhere, probably Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, on the ocean.

• Like 7

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, TGP said:

Premise: you are forced to relocate (you can take it all with you if you like) but you must go. The good news is you can choose anywhere else on Earth to live. Your new place is even guaranteed to be a bit nicer-larger. 

I would definitely take minis, books, paints, games, and paintings with me. 

23 hours ago, TGP said:

3A689524-4C9E-432B-A937-347DD6E849AC.thumb.webp.d909e5cc7d68e6eb1fd88c7aad4b8543.webp

I have read that Iceland is pretty chill. 

(It is also green most of the time, unlike Greenland, which is covered in Ice most of the time.)

image.thumb.jpeg.6fd3cd3faf8eb31b08199de30e20d21c.jpeg

The little Green one is Iceland; those Vikings and their ironic names

• Like 7

On 8/13/2022 at 12:41 AM, TGP said:

On a ravine, with no neighbors in sight, a gazebo, deck and walkout basement near shopping but not under a flight path.  Also, near to my gaming group.  So, just a little better than where I am now.  Might add an elevator for a friend that does not handle stairs well.  Might add that the Ravine is to the north with the small front yard south facing to get more sunlight.  The present one is in deep shade and does not grow well.

• Like 7

On 8/12/2022 at 10:41 PM, TGP said:

I unno, Calgary I guess.   Was nice there, their transit system didn't suck anywhere near as badly as Edmonton's. 

I'd probably pick something like an average outside of Calgary though, assuming I could still get low latency high speed internet. 

If we were to play by the "can't be in the same county" bit fine, I pick St. Albert, which is far enough to the north to be its own county mwa ha ha ha ha! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Q: 15 AUG

What domestic chore do you detest above all?

Were funding available what sort of helper would you hire to take care of it for you?

Cook?

Laundry maid?

Valet?

Bottlewasher?

Gunsmith?

Footman?

Butler?

Groom?

Chambermaid?

…Dog walker?

Edited by TGP
Fooey, I had to edit. NB: answering vaguely for the second part by responding “Housekeeper” earns no points or Cred.
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, TGP said:

Were funding available what sort of helper would you hire to take care of it for you?

Cook?

Laundry maid?

Valet?

Bottlewasher?

Gunsmith?

Footman?

Butler?

Groom?

Chambermaid?

…Dog walker?

I hate gardening, so I would totally have a gardener if I could afford it.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, TGP said:

Cook?

Laundry maid?

Valet?

Bottlewasher?

Gunsmith?

Footman?

Butler?

Groom?

Chambermaid?

…Dog walker?

I hate dusting!

So a cleaning person to do that kind of thing once a week 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, TGP said:

General house cleaning and organizing, dishes, general yard maintenance. I don't think I'd mind gardening it's just the clean up needed to get to it.

• Like 7

Gardener!

48 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

I hate gardening, so I would totally have a gardener if I could afford it.

I totally should’ve thought to include gardener on the list, well spotted. 

For clarification: servants and assistants not listed are allowed and encouraged as answers. Apart from a do everything sort of job title, like: housekeeper. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Dish washing. Not so much the dishes after a single meal (easy to quickly rinse), but everything that was necessary in the preparation (like dirty pots and pans, containers, cutting board).

Even with a dish washer, not everything I use fits in them or should go in them (cast iron). That and my apartment doesn't have room for one.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Cook?

Laundry maid?

Valet?

Bottlewasher?

Gunsmith?

Footman?

Butler?

Groom?

Chambermaid?

…Dog walker?

I guess it would have to be mowing the lawn. And we already have a guy that does it for us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I guess it would have to be mowing the lawn. And we already have a guy that does it for us.

You and me both…

Ummm. I guess that title is:

Groundskeeper

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Cook?

Laundry maid?

Valet?

Bottlewasher?

Gunsmith?

Footman?

Butler?

Groom?

Chambermaid?

…Dog walker?

Most of them, which is why this spell exists:

Servant Horde

(Spell Compendium, p. 182)

Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sorcerer 3, Wizard 3,
Components: V, S, M,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: Invisible, mindless, shapeless servants
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

As you complete this spell, you sense a number of invisible entities form around you.

This spell creates a number of unseen servants (PH 297) equal to 2d6 +1 per level (maximum +15).

Material Component: A small stick to which many lengths of knotted thread are attached.

• Haha 7

On 8/13/2022 at 12:41 AM, TGP said:

I'd want to end up somewhere where I'm at least a little familiar with the native flora and fauna so I'm not at a complete loss when I'm walking about in nature. Therefore I'd probably pick a place in the Great Lakes Region. I've always thought the Upper Peninsula of Michigan was nice. So maybe somewhere up around Copper Harbor. It's quiet up there and I think I'd like it. 

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Cook?

Laundry maid?

Valet?

Bottlewasher?

Gunsmith?

Footman?

Butler?

Groom?

Chambermaid?

…Dog walker?

I can't stand dusting and vacuuming. It would be nice to have a weekly housekeeper come in and dust everything, sweep and vacuum, and then mop a few floors. 

• Like 5