Abhorrent August, Daily Question Thread for Aug-2022

TGP

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Q: 15 AUG

What domestic chore do you detest above all?

Were funding available what sort of helper would you hire to take care of it for you?

Cook?

Laundry maid?

Valet?

Bottlewasher?

Gunsmith?

Footman?

Butler?

Groom?

Chambermaid?

…Dog walker?

. .. most of them? But dusting, mopping, that kind of thing; I'd be very willing to hire somebody to do all of that for me!

Especially if said person is also willing to do litter boxes. ^^;

• Like 7

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Were funding available what sort of helper would you hire to take care of it for you?

Cook?

Laundry maid?

Valet?

Bottlewasher?

Gunsmith?

Footman?

Butler?

Groom?

Chambermaid?

…Dog walker?

Some might argue for me it's laundry, but in reality.. I'm just not a fan of general house cleaning.   It's boring, doesn't seem to do much, takes up a bunch of time, and sucks. 

Laundry only sucks right now because I have to a) get bills from an atm and then b) go to the laundromat (a difficult thing during a heatwave and/or when the city has ripped up a good amount of the sidewalks in the area to replace them).   I could do laundry in building, but it's like $5.50 per load, aka $2.75 per half, and of course is coin only, which means trying to get coin, which isn't anywhere near as easy if you don't deal with the big 5...

• Like 6

On 8/12/2022 at 10:41 PM, TGP said:

Q: WEEKEND 13-14 AUG

Premise: you are forced to relocate (you can take it all with you if you like) but you must go. The good news is you can choose anywhere else on Earth to live. Your new place is even guaranteed to be a bit nicer-larger. 

Where would you choose to land and start over?

While the tropical destinations would be nice, I'll pick something, I've wanted to do for years, Eugene, OR or somewhere along the Oregon Coast. My wife & I love that part of the state & enjoy our time over on that side. I mean yes the time we see it we are vacation time, but I can see myself living in that area full time. Eugene, has everything we need + extras (unlike Ontario). Also, helps the city is more inclined with the way I think politically, but I won't get into that here.

222_3_12587_jpeg_b7857db2-1820-45d7-9d68

downtown-eugene-oregon-street-college-ci

oregon-coast-road-trip-5-great-ideas-int

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Cook?

Laundry maid?

Valet?

Bottlewasher?

Gunsmith?

Footman?

Butler?

Groom?

Chambermaid?

…Dog walker?

You know I'm not exactly sure really. I don't detest any of them that much to wanna hire someone to do it for me. If I had to say one, maybe laundry???

• Like 6

On 8/11/2022 at 12:12 PM, TGP said:

Q: 11 AUG

Time travel, looks like everybody thinks it’s dodgy?

How do you think it should work in fiction?  How would it work if someone did?  New alternate reality generated everytime someone time shifts? Or… The past is immutable, no matter what it won’t change? Thoughts?

As long as the author handles it well, I'm not overly concerned with the method.

On 8/12/2022 at 9:31 AM, TGP said:

Q: 12 AUG

Do you or have you ever played hybrid games?

(Such as mixing 5e with Savage Worlds or Warhammer augmented with some other tabletop game.)

I have, but it has been a long time.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:41 PM, TGP said:

Q: WEEKEND 13-14 AUG

Premise: you are forced to relocate (you can take it all with you if you like) but you must go. The good news is you can choose anywhere else on Earth to live. Your new place is even guaranteed to be a bit nicer-larger. 

Where would you choose to land and start over?

No idea.  All places have their pros and cons.

10 hours ago, TGP said:

Cook?

Laundry maid?

Valet?

Bottlewasher?

Gunsmith?

Footman?

Butler?

Groom?

Chambermaid?

…Dog walker?

I don't detest any one more than the other.  They just all have the same problem - if I'm doing chores then it is taking time away from something I enjoy doing.

• Like 7

Q: 16 AUG

Do you think Reaper should build terrain pieces or kits?

What kinds of things? (If yes?)

And by “build terrain” I mean create and sell more terrain items. There are 126 items flagged as terrain in the catalog already. 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, TGP said:

Cook?

Laundry maid?

Valet?

Bottlewasher?

Gunsmith?

Footman?

Butler?

Groom?

Chambermaid?

…Dog walker?

Mowing the lawn.

Followed by cleaning litter boxes.

Everything else is a far distant third.

I'd hire a landscaper to rip out the lawn and fill the open space with rock gardens and bushes. That way I'm only paying for the job to be done once.

• Like 6

On 8/15/2022 at 8:10 AM, TGP said:

Cook?

Laundry maid?

Valet?

Bottlewasher?

Gunsmith?

Footman?

Butler?

Groom?

Chambermaid?

…Dog walker?

I hate them all equally, but I do  feel so much better about myself when they are done.

6 hours ago, TGP said:

And by “build terrain” I mean create and sell more terrain items. There are 126 items flagged as terrain in the catalog already. 

I make my own terrain; SO Reaper wouldn't make any $s from my purchases. I do love looking at the various terrain pieces that are commercially available; re, they are a GREAT sources of ideas & inspiration.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Sure. I've liked the terrain pieces I've got from the Kickstarters, so I'd probably be down for some more offerings from Reaper. We actually used a bit of Reaper terrain in our game this past weekend.

I'm not entirely sure what I'd like to see them make though. We play a lot of different genres, so our terrain needs are all over the place. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, TGP said:

I don't know how large the market for terrain is or isn't. Sure there's always a market for everything, but what could Reaper produce that is interesting enough and price wise competitive to make it worthwhile? Especially since a lot of terrain looks "plain and generic" on purpose. Remember that terrain elements can take a lot of room, so it may not be something Reaper wants to stock in the warehouse in large quantities.

So the only thing I would think of would be indoor/dungeon accessories. We already have stuff for torture chambers; wizard studies; tombs and cemeteries; basic shrines; and a few tavern or village market accessories.

So... throne room dressings? Banquet hall? Trophy room? A musician's stand plus instruments (grand piano, harp)? A variety of caravans? Old curiosity shop?

• Like 7

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Yes, I do.

I've liked/been impressed by the items that they have done already,  so more of  those types of things, please. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yes, I do.

I've liked/been impressed by the items that they have done already,  so more of  those types of things, please. 

I agree with this...

A gallows maybe?

An out door well?

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TGP said:

I've liked the terrain they made so far; some of it, I'd buy another copy, if I could. So.. yes.

With the caveat that I don't really expect them to keep a lot of Large Items in stock...

• Like 6

On 8/15/2022 at 7:10 AM, TGP said:

I think it is mopping. Floor cleaning. Or vacuuming. 

Not sure what kind of servitor does just that…

On 8/15/2022 at 7:10 AM, TGP said:

Cook?

Were I well funded enough, though, a cook is what I would hire. There are things I would like to have in my diet that I just cannot do because I am a 0-level cook. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, TGP said:

It would be nice to see more terrain offerings from them in harder plastic.   Too many suffer from the bendy and flexible nature of bones.   I'd consider it if it was a variety of things in a Kickstarter, I a material that's better suited to the task, but not sure if I'd be interested in ordering it from their store, as a lot of things that have caught my eye are either permanently unavailable it seems, or haven't gotten a retail release yet...   Or are priced too far out compared to competition. 

• Like 6