TGP

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Q: 4 AUG

How long has it been since your internet connection went belly-up or otherwise failed?

When we moved down here, a year and a half ago, it was terrible. But several service calls involving eventually replacing all the cable and splitters, etc, it now is very reliable.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TGP said:

How long has it been since your internet connection went belly-up or otherwise failed?

A few months.

It dies on a fairly regular basis and my internet company have never been able to work out why (Or why I never get anywhere near the download speed I should have).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TGP said:

... A few weeks. 

Wait, are we talking like, 'the whole internet went blork', or 'cat knocked the plug for the satellite out of the UPS again'? Because that last one happens a lot more often than the former...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TGP said:

This morning, during the heavy rain this morning we had a quick brownout at work that was enough to disconnect our WiFi for a few minutes.

Otherwise, it's been months., mostly do to power outages. It's rare enough that I forget how often it truly happens.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Last month someone cut a cable and took out almost the entire county (internet and phone).  I think it even took down some emergency services.  My connection hasn't been quite right since.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2022 at 11:24 PM, TGP said:

Q: 3 AUG

Follow up from the final July question, Did you finish what was on your workbench last weekend? 

The only remotely, parenthetically, hobby related thing I had going was to get this thread started which happened very late on Sunday. ( The physical work bench remains the wreck it was—no change. ) The initial post was an un completed place holder which said in part: “Insert Rules Here”

I did go back and finish the starting post. Including a brand-new, shorter take, on the rules. Please go back and check them out. 

6 hours ago, TGP said:

It feels like it has been about two weeks. And I was correct. One day short of exactly two weeks is what my speed check app recorded. (7/22)

SparcFail Internet Inc. FTF —For The Fail. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, TGP said:

I don't know. Not within the last several weeks, but I believe we had a couple of hours out a month or two ago. I wasn't home so it didn't affect me.  We have power failures (aging midwest infrastructure) more often.  

• Like 6

On 8/2/2022 at 10:24 PM, TGP said:

Q: 3 AUG

Follow up from the final July question, Did you finish what was on your workbench last weekend? 

Sorta? I did finish what I was working on & more, but overall no. Hopefully next week!

10 hours ago, TGP said:

I have a pretty decent isp (Sparklight) & I don't suffer many outages.  Now I've had small ones like 10 minutes or so but nothing lasting hours.  I don't recall when I had a major one. 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, TGP said:

Every day & several times a day my connection fails; the most recent was an hour or so ago.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 8