Made a temple for my dragon

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wonderful little scene,

yes, Kyra and Lavarath, on my "must have" list (from Dark heaven legends).

2 hours ago, planetmut said:

Is the dragon Lavarath and the rider Kyra? Anyway, the rider's moulding was a bit soft so I binned her. I was going to stick the dragon on a 100mm base but decided to make one instead. It's foamboard and XPS foam, and the columns are 3D prints from Amazon. I also used lots of flock, flower tufts and static grass.

i'm guessing you got the Bones version then?

your basing is great, is that static grass or just applied well by hand? if the latter, how did you get it to stick up ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LOL, see what happens when you visit the forum.  I looked on e-bay and a seller has this in metal for 24 bucks clearance and reasonable shipping (becoming a rare thing). Typically a 50 dollar model in metal,  I couldn't refuse, + a couple of hell hounds, a pair of Ben Siens Gnolls , and a Jason Wiebe Worg. I just can't say no to Dark Heaven Metal at blowout prices.

thanks planetmut  😉

one more check off my "must have" list

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fencig said:

wonderful little scene,

yes, Kyra and Lavarath, on my "must have" list (from Dark heaven legends).

i'm guessing you got the Bones version then?

your basing is great, is that static grass or just applied well by hand? if the latter, how did you get it to stick up ?

It's the Bones version, it was way cheaper than the metal one 🙂

I made my own static grass applicator and used it for the grass, it worked really well!

• Like 4

Agreed...all the little details like the leaves, bone pile, and shield are great touches. The static grass came out well, too.

One idea struck me while I was looking at this: have you thought about adding a charred patch to the grass (to suggest that it had just been hit with some dragon fire)? I'm not sure exactly how you'd go about doing it, but it might be a cool way to tie the miniature into the base even more (the downside would be that it would reduce the base's utility for non-dragon situations). Anyway...just a random idea. I'm done rambling now.

Great-looking base to complement a nicely-painted mini.

• Thanks 1

Hmmm... Good ideas here.  I was thinking of trying to use these greek columns i got at Michaels from the cake decoration area. 

I have the storm giant models that would be a nice fit for something similar.  I like! 

• Thanks 1