Looking for battery lights on stands rec

Rainshine

I built a rudimentary light box out of a shipping box, some poster paper. and a little tulle or some similar fabric this past year.  I've been overall pleased with the superior quality of the photos for me, but light is still a little difficult.  I use my OttLite desk lamp (that I also bought for minis painting), but the only real clear space where I can set up easily within reach of a power plug is the floor, which is less than easily convenient as well.  I think having some battery lights would help out, and as the box is about 14" tall to accommodate large figures, having something on stands/tripods to be able to top light as well would be nice.  Does anyone here have experience or suggestions in that idea range?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

usb powered strips of leds are readily available from many vendors.  hook those up with a power pack you'd use to charge your phone and you're in business.  Cold glue of your choice to run the leds around the inside of the box.

Something like:

[link removed]

Edited by mikem91

As a reminder, linking to merchant sites other than Reaper's is not allowed on the forum. 

One thing you will want to pay attention to with strip of LEDs is diffusion of some kind, as without such you can get rather harsh lighting.   You may also want to pay attention to their CRI rating, as this indicates how faithfully they reproduce light. 

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

As a reminder, linking to merchant sites other than Reaper's is not allowed on the forum. 

Thanks.  I wasn't thinking.  I've removed the link.  Google LED lighting strip.  You should be able to find something suitable.

• Like 1