Reapercon 2023 Excitement Thread!

Corsair

15 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Good to know, I'll get my time off request in this week.

I'm  kidding. 

A little. 

Not really. 

I've already let my boss know I need off August 30th-Sept 5th next year! My hubby got home and immediately moved his computer to the small desk we were using for painting, and moved all the painting supplies to the large corner desk he was using for his computer. We now have a nice big area where we can both paint at the same time! We've got dioramas being planned, and I plan to paint lots of minis to practice what I learned. I had such a great time this year and I'm so looking forward to seeing you all again next year!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Pegazus said:

At one point, I had my vacation time planned out five years in advance. Mostly to ensure I had enough to take off for Japan. But now with 25 years with the company, my vacation time is accrued faster than I can actually take it. I mean, I could fall behind on tasks at work, but that’s not something my brain enjoys. 

I'm in the same boat, even taking off 3 days leaves me a mountain of work to tackle when I get back and that does give me pause sometimes....

While I've been thinking about this even before before '22 happened, but I'm debating on not coming in '23. I kinda want to do a trip with my wife next year, thou I'm thinking more or less in the springtime. I wanna see a Portland Winterhawks hockey game up in Portland, so it has to be during the hockey season. Also wanting to do some things around the house which will cost some cash.

My long time roommate for RCon has decided that this year's Con was to be her last & she ended up not coming due to some circumstances not in her control & such. Anymore I come to RCon for the people, more then the games, minis, etc etc, so we'll see what happens. I'm still gonna ask for the time off (as I do that in Jan, Feb) & I'm already planning what games I'm gonna run. So I guess we'll see what transpires between now & what's to come. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, haldir said:

Anymore I come to RCon for the people, more then the games, minis, etc etc, so we'll see what happens. I'm still gonna ask for the time off (as I do that in Jan, Feb) & I'm already planning what games I'm gonna run. So I guess we'll see what transpires between now & what's to come. 

If you don't come, I'll have to bring half as much fudge as I did this year.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Humansquish said:

Haldir, you say something to this effect every year. I don't believe you. 😛

Yah, but after so many years of coming down, I actually might mean it this time. I enjoy coming down, don't get me wrong there. It just I kinda wanna do something else with the funds I set aside for the Con. After the totals of this year, (also didn't help I got raked over hot burning coals by Lyft this year on my trip back to the airport...ugh), I'm deciding whether or not I can really afford it again. 

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

If you don't come, I'll have to bring half as much fudge as I did this year.

As yes, the reminder to actually eat during the day of the Con!!!

• Like 2

On 9/4/2022 at 10:48 PM, Pegazus said:

And just came up with an Ordnance entry for next year’s con that made me grin like a Cheshire cat and laugh like a supervillain. Have to do it now. 

I too have a fun cheeky Ordnance plan for next year now... I started writing down my minis to work on for next year basically the day I got home

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Goddesstio said:

I too have a fun cheeky Ordnance plan for next year now... I started writing down my minis to work on for next year basically the day I got home

Every year after the con, I have such high plans. This year’s plan to to enter every category and subcategories.

Meanwhile, my Ordnance entry has required me to read a research paper from Italy on the geometry of hidden hinges. It’s taking quite a bit. Plus, I also need to learn to sculpt in Blender. I’ve given myself quite the time sink. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 10/1/2022 at 8:45 PM, haldir said:

Yah, but after so many years of coming down, I actually might mean it this time. I enjoy coming down, don't get me wrong there. It just I kinda wanna do something else with the funds I set aside for the Con. After the totals of this year, (also didn't help I got raked over hot burning coals by Lyft this year on my trip back to the airport...ugh), I'm deciding whether or not I can really afford it again. 

As yes, the reminder to actually eat during the day of the Con!!!

I’m with ya. I’ve gotten significant pressure to do Dragoncon (here locally) next year. There’s a good chance I take a year off from ReaperCon for those reasons. I’ve been to like 8 of the last 9 so I think I’m due for an alteration. 

• Like 1

So I've had a few months to think about this & with the end of the year coming up, I've decided that I WILL BE GOING to the '23 ReaperCon. I'm pretty sure thou, that this one will be my final one for awhile at least. Longtime forum members will know this is a common thing for me to say I'm not sure, & then tada there I am, at the Con, but this time feels different then before. I still want to take that trip over to Portland to see the ice hockey game (& with the MLS schedule released, I'm "safe" from attending a Timbers home game, as they'll be away (far away as in @Atlanta that night) & the rest of the trip over in the North Oregon Coast area.

I've been planning what games I'm gonna run, almost as soon as I got home. It seems weird to plan one shots so far in advance, but I really want to know the games, get what I need to get for the games & such + I really enjoy running games at ReaperCon. I don't know why but there is just something about that. I just hope I don't get hit for a 3rd time on having my table number screwed up again (looking at you ReaperRon!!! :lol:).

Overall thou, I'm looking forward to coming back again & seeing the people the most. Being able to just spend 4 days with people who share similar interest & not have to worry about the outside world is such a joy to experience. Hopefully I can convince my roommate to come down once more time (for old times sake), I won't have to go through the hassle of trying to get a new roommate. I didn't mind being the only person in such a snazzy room, but I really took in the gut when I got that final bill + the whole Lyft price coming home was anther gut punch as well. Hopefully this year, the price of that won't be as bad. If I have to I may try & get a later flight in the day, maybe that'll help the price. Who knows.

Bring on Feb!

Did a slight ugh moment, this morning. I ordered Old Dominion concert ticket this morning for my wife as a Christmas present, they are coming to Boise in Feb, well I decided since the last time we saw a concert in Boise, we stayed the night over there, as it was so nice not to have to rush back home afterwards. Anyways, I noticed the hotel I had booked for ReaperCon had changed names & I think many can remember the hassles I had in 2021 when I went to check in for my overnight hotel that year. I ended up booking the same place as I did last year (good), problem is I didn't noticed it was pay now, no refund booking button. Soooooo, technically I won't have to pay when I stay next year, but I'm out whatever I spent on that room now. At least it was a decent price, around the same as this year's booking.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2022 at 1:28 PM, Count Urlik said:

One of my few regrets from our amazing RC22 experience was not being able to get in one of your games.  Now that we better understand how to plan, I’m delighted to hear we may get a chance at a do-over!

Happy to have yah aboard. My games sell out quickly as I try to get them up as soon as Reaper allows 3rd party games for the Con. Sundays are slow, so I'm not sure if I'll put up any games that day this time. I'm looking at probably 2 per day this time around. Overloading myself a little but like I said, I enjoying DMing at ReaperCon.