• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Some of those metal?

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

Can't say for sure, but that one looks like it was being prepped for spin casting.

I'm pretty sure those metal masters and mold are for SiOcasting.

• Like 5

7 pieces left to paint!!!! Out of those, a couple pieces I ordered this weekend, replacing a prepainted one I really didn't like + I changed some things & these minis fit better for it. Three pieces are scenery, had I been thinking, I'd have 1 of those already done. I just decided to do it the hard way...ugh. Finally not including the one of the new minis, 2 are large base figures. One has been unpainted for awhile but once I've started to apply colors is going quickly, I just need to apply those colors!! :lol:

I've put a self-imposed deadline of next Friday to  be completely done with everything (minus the 2 I ordered of course). Afterwards I'll start on my RCon entry. Nothing fancy, just something I wanted to enter in this year's contest.

• Like 5

On 7/21/2023 at 8:44 PM, Cranky Dog said:

I'm pretty sure those metal masters and mold are for SiOcasting.

yep.  The square shaped yellow molds are Siocast molds, so those metal figs must have been production masters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minis left!!! That is not including the 2 I ordered over the weekend. I expect to get those this week of course. The 2 I have now, one just needs some major detail work & the other is the last of the 5 pieces of terrain that I've been painting the last few weeks.

Excited to have all of these finished with plenty of time to work on other RCon things!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, haldir said:

2 minis left!!! That is not including the 2 I ordered over the weekend. I expect to get those this week of course. The 2 I have now, one just needs some major detail work & the other is the last of the 5 pieces of terrain that I've been painting the last few weeks.

Excited to have all of these finished with plenty of time to work on other RCon things!

Post pictures in the mini show of forum for those of us who can't go to Reapercon this year.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Humansquish said:

Post pictures in the mini show of forum for those of us who can't go to Reapercon this year.

Eventually! I have a thing about showing or talking about the actual minis for games I'm gonna use/run.

• Like 4

"drumroll"......& I'm done!!

Well, minus sprayin on a matte protective coat on the final 6 miniatures, I'll do that when I get home in the morning when it's cooler.

Looking at my spreadsheet with the numbers, I painted 258 mini or so the past 2 1/2 months. If you include the PC minis & their companions/spell conjurations, it's well over 300.  As much as I've enjoyed painting again, I'm happy I got it done & don't have to worry about getting them done in time + do the other things I need to finish up for ReaperCon.

Now it's on to my contest entry, nothing serious there, just something I feel like I need to enter this year.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 7/27/2023 at 10:20 AM, Dicey said:

We (husband and I) got our ribbons yesterday. First time we'll have our own ReaperCon ribbons. It should be fun. 

Thank you for the reminder! I saw your post and immediately yelled "AAAAH RIBBONS!!!!"

Order has now been placed and will be here by mid-August. ^_^ I always need to put a note on the order for my "STOMP! of Approval" ribbons letting the ribbon place know that the word Stomp is intentional, rather than Stamp. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot 🙂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Plucked my foam trays yesterday. Overall, I think I'll be ok, but I'm definitely gonna need my weekly FLGS game hard-shell cases for bigger sized figures, terrain & pregen PCs.

I will say the quality of Game Plus' foam trays has gone down significantly. First four trays I grabbed, I needed to glue the backer foam first. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, haldir said:

Plucked my foam trays yesterday. Overall, I think I'll be ok, but I'm definitely gonna need my weekly FLGS game hard-shell cases for bigger sized figures, terrain & pregen PCs.

I will say the quality of Game Plus' foam trays has gone down significantly. First four trays I grabbed, I needed to glue the backer foam first. 

Well, I can report that the rest of the figures went into the 2 hard cases that I have! Since I currently only have 1 of those cases at my house, I had to insert larger minis/scenery, take a couple of pics & then tried the PC minis. Pregen-minis will all fit into one of those cases! I was getting a bit worried as I was running out of space, ha ha.  So when the time comes, I'll refer back to the photo & will re-insert them into the other case. No way did I want to try & redo those PC minis....::D:

Again, happy to have this stage of prep-work DONE!! Now it's on to drawing or printing out maps & such. I mean gotta take advantage of a clean hobby/gaming table, right? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1