Reapercon 2023 Excitement Thread!

Corsair

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

I really ment to practice painting a gummy bear ... all add it to my reapercon todolist 
anyone else practice or looking forward to this event? 

It's something I may have to do this year!!

Well I can mark off the pregens for this year. All done, printed, highlighted, etc etc. Hopefully I got all the missing elements & such taken care of. Now on to cutting out the Heroic Maps print-offs & a couple of Paizo flip map print outs. Hopefully will draw out the lone hand drawn later this week.

I had to touch up one of the minis I had painted for my entry, as I tried some debonder to get that piece of metal off the bottom & well the piece is still stuck there & debonder makes a great paint remover....<_<

Luckily, the damage wasn't too bad & the part that was painted was easily re-painted (Stylynrez primer for the win!!). Back to waiting for tomorrow (better be!!).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

I really ment to practice painting a gummy bear ... all add it to my reapercon todolist 

I remember seeing pictures of this last year.  How exactly does one become a part of this event?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

That reminds me, I need to order some fun gummies to add variety! 

2 hours ago, GoldenPiggy said:

I remember seeing pictures of this last year.  How exactly does one become a part of this event?

You just kind of hang around the main ballroom area a couple hours before closing, either Friday or Saturday, and look for people painting gummies. It's not an official event so it just kinda happens organically each year. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

• Like 6

I should paint a gummy this year. It seems fun.

in other news: I am actually kind of happy with my progress on an entry for this year’s MSP open.

the odds that I will both start and finish another one are about zero, but at least I might have one entry this year!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, OneBoot said:

You just kind of hang around the main ballroom area a couple hours before closing, either Friday or Saturday, and look for people painting gummies. It's not an official event so it just kinda happens organically each year. 

I'll keep an eye out for it then.  It sounds like fun.

• Like 3

FINALLY!

Order with RCon entry minis came today. Seller used the box that Reaper uses to pack minis to retailers. Shipping said the 9th, I ordered on the 7th. Yah, I can mark that seller off my "do not order" list now, which is sad, as I've dealt with this person before, just highly disappointed this time around.

Off to clean up the minis & throw some primer on.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OneBoot said:

That reminds me, I need to order some fun gummies to add variety! 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

oooh yay! I just got in a bunch of Black Forest Gummy Bears so I am going to have to try to paint one to see if I join those shenanigans this year! w00t!

On 8/14/2023 at 8:20 PM, haldir said:

Well I can mark off the pregens for this year. All done, printed, highlighted, etc etc.

Are we allowed to play our own character for your games, or just one of your pregens? I get so nervous playing a character I'm not familiar with.

Edited by PammyD2
  • Like 2

@haldir if you need any player to step in and pick up a character to round out an adventure you can just flag me down. Don’t care about the class/race/blah. 

This year I’m going to make a concerted effort to take pictures of my adventures around the con. It’ll be my 10th ReaperCon and I always forget to show the forums love while I’m immersed in the action. 

• Like 7

18 hours ago, PammyD2 said:

Are we allowed to play our own character for your games, or just one of your pregens? I get so nervous playing a character I'm not familiar with.

Which adventure did you sign up for? The lower level ones, I don't mind, I'll need to look over the sheets before we start 

17 hours ago, Adrift said:

@haldir if you need any player to step in and pick up a character to round out an adventure you can just flag me down. Don’t care about the class/race/blah. . 

I'm actually full this year. There for a bit I thought one was gonna have be "dumbed down" due to only 3 players, but I guess the lack of AL this year, made people float my way for those last 3 spots.

17 hours ago, Corsair said:

@haldir, same here on the Pathfinder stuff.

I'm not running PF this year. Just 5e games.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GoldenPiggy said:

Don't rush it!  I'm still painting MSP entries!

Actually, I can do without those.  I'm ready enough.

I have one entry in progress, but I’m pretty optimistic I can have it in acceptable state in time. No guarantees, but I’m working on it!

• Like 6