Reapercon 2023 Excitement Thread!

Corsair

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/16/2023 at 2:31 AM, haldir said:

Which adventure did you sign up for? The lower level ones, I don't mind, I'll need to look over the sheets before we start 

Watchers in the Dark. I don't remember what level it said. 

21 hours ago, klarg1 said:

Ribbons have arrived.

Are we there yet?

As much as I am looking forward to ReaperCon...I am NOWHERE near ready for it. I have too much painting to do still and not enough time! How did this time sneak up on me so fast??

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PammyD2 said:

Watchers in the Dark. I don't remember what level it said. 

As much as I am looking forward to ReaperCon...I am NOWHERE near ready for it. I have too much painting to do still and not enough time! How did this time sneak up on me so fast??

Level 4, so go ahead & make yourself a character. My world is open, (well within reason, no Critical Role stuff) so whatever you wanna make up that is official Wizards will work.

Also, as far as magic items, give yourself a uncommon magic item or we can determine that when everyone sits down to the table.

Well, entry is almost done....not with the way my brain works!! I was happy with the presentation, but as I was finally looking at it with all the pieces painted up, I had an idea pop up & away I went with it. I will admit, applying some pumice for the first time on the piece, I had a bit of anxiety pop up, considering if I didn't like or something went wrong, I've totally mucked up the base part & I'd have to redo everything for that, which involves 3d printing & painting, etc etc (we've all been there!!). 

Happy with the way it's coming out, hopefully will have it finished this weekend!! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

I don't currently have a painted entry for the contest. 

I've got 7 days before we fly to Texas (going early to see family).

...I think I'll paint a dragon. ::D:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

But of course!!!

So I'm working on maps right now & I realized, "wait ah minute, where is the map for that encounter ---oh yah, I have to draw that one & that one & that one. The 1 hand drawn map has turned into like 5 or 6. I totally spaced the other hand drawn when I made my spreadsheet in regards to Heroic Map purchases. Sigh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

I wasn’t gonna come this year and have been painting exclusively for tabletop and to fill out my dnd collection so I literally have zero entries. It’s rather liberating this go around. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Adrift said:

I wasn’t gonna come this year and have been painting exclusively for tabletop and to fill out my dnd collection so I literally have zero entries. It’s rather liberating this go around. 

im still working to get something entered, but yeah. There has been a lot of tabletop painting in my life for the past year or two.

I haven’t ruled out trying to clean up and ‘elevate’ one of the better tabletop pieces to hit two entries, but that may be too ambitious.

We’ll see.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

And those of us that really know you would expect nothing less. ::P:

I have 1 very firmly in progress, 1 I started Wednesday, and 1 I'm still debating doing. I've got a week and a half left, I'm sure everything will work out fine.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Adrift said:

I should make a clever ribbon for those of us entryless for next year. Maybe just the "do not enter" sign.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I should make a clever ribbon for those of us entryless for next year. Maybe just the "do not enter" sign.

maxresdefault-4-696x392.jpg

I posted this on Discord this morning, but figured I'd post it here as well (better formatting here anyways):

Anybody want the following out of the Con box:

Reaper Keeper
8525    Precision Tip Tweezers
8526    Micro-Mesh Dual Angle Finishing File

at  a slight discount? PM me & we can work out details.

Mainly looking to just get the minis & the paints in the Convention Box & I'd like to save a bit of cash this year as I have no need for these items.

Offer open to Con attendees please.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, haldir said:

Anybody want the following out of the Con box:

Reaper Keeper
8525    Precision Tip Tweezers
8526    Micro-Mesh Dual Angle Finishing File

at  a slight discount? PM me & we can work out details.

Mainly looking to just get the minis & the paints in the Convention Box & I'd like to save a bit of cash this year as I have no need for these items.

Offer open to Con attendees please.

You’re already trying to resell the things you don’t want?! 😂 

Did they post the contents on Discord or was this posted somewhere I just missed?

They have/did. Con Box is gonna be over 200* 200. this year & tbh, I wasn't that thrilled with it. About the only thing I really want out of it are the minis & the paints (& even then the paints are debatable as well). Being a scale modeler I have plenty of Precision Tip Tweezers (& the way Reaper is marketing towards the 3d print removal use, I don't use em for that) & sanding files & I wasn't overly thrilled about the new Reaper cases either, thus if someone wants em I'll sell them to offset the box price.

Con swag pricing this year has kinda been a bit vague, I mean the lists are there but there really hasn't been a "Here it is" kinda photo/info with pricing for people that would like to budget for the Con vs - all the Con stuff prices hit you all at once when you get there. I'm past the oooooo ahhhhhh "Gotta catch em all!" phase of my Reaper-fandom these days. ::):

Minis will be released to retail, but I don't feel like waiting when they are already there. If they are in the store, I may just go the hard way & try & find them all. We shall see.

*Fixed as the previous info I got was from official person on Discord.

• Like 2