Reapercon 2023 Excitement Thread!

Corsair

Screen shots from one of the recent streams.

Swag bag contents, this comes with your 4-day badge: 

swagbag23.jpg.4bd045aa381577faaedb0a7e4315211b.jpg

Barrowgate Collector's box, available for purchase at the convention store: 

swagbox23.jpg.e61ce1d33bb99850932aa9a0efd4fdb3.jpg

I think you can use the $20 credit in your con bag to bring the price down on this one.  I'm debating whether or not I want any of this.  If it is available individually, maybe.  

These are the four Iconic Heroes (faction models) at the con:

minis23.thumb.jpg.b7d2ac63c675435239c7985b7c20529c.jpg

The halfling with the rabbit is in the Collector's Box, the female with knife is the vendor punch card reward, the dude with the axe is in the convention swag, and the female bard is the September freebie (with $40 purchase).  They did not explicitly say so, but you may be able to get the August freebie (cat bard) on Wed and Thurs with purchases, too. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

I think you can use the $20 credit in your con bag to bring the price down on this one.  I'm debating whether or not I want any of this.  If it is available individually, maybe.  

I hope so, as that would help the wallet at the Con.

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

The halfling with the rabbit is in the Collector's Box, the female with knife is the vendor punch card reward, the dude with the axe is in the convention swag, and the female bard is the September freebie (with $40 purchase).  They did not explicitly say so, but you may be able to get the August freebie (cat bard) on Wed and Thurs with purchases, too. 

Makes sense really, I mean it still is August. Currently using the Wish lists for my shopping list for the Con. Gnomish Bazaar has been a bit odd with Reaper stuff this month, they barely got the catbard figure in, normally they are like a week or so after the 1st. Either way I was gonna pick it along with this month's releases at the Con either way, so no biggee there.

• Like 2

I started a thread on the discord, but haven't gotten much response.  Is anyone interested in ridesharing to from the con and the factory tours? 

I can conceivable take three people with me to the Thurs afternoon tour.  

• Like 2

It's a possibility.  I didn't sign up for a tour, and I don't know what I have planned for Thurs, but I wanted to get over to the new factory at some point. If it was just me I'd go on the spur of the moment, but my other half needs an hour to get ready, which makes it difficult for me to just tag along when someone has an open seat. 

• Like 2

Well, I have almost got my gnolls done. The last of them are drying right now. Then there are only about a dozen NPCs to do, but they are not mandatory, so there is the pressure gone from that. Found a couple of old toothbrushes I have been saving for the paint and take tables so folks can wash minis before trying to paint them. Starting to pack stuff and double check lists to make sure I don't forget anything important.

• Like 5

Ok, I spent over 24 hours straight painting this weekend, more painting last night, and will hope to finish 2 more minis tonight. If I can get the minis done then I can start working on the terrain for the diorama and get minis situated. I think I decided to do way more than I should have, but I can't back down now! Today is the last day I can paint until next Tuesday evening, so I will most likely be working on this during the con. Not what I was hoping for. I think I at least have my minis done for painters. I didn't get my ordnance mini worked on this year so it will be a next year thing. That's fine, hopefully I'll be better at this painting thing when I get around to it.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, klarg1 said:

ReaperCon has consistently been  a highlight of my year every time I have gone.

I am counting down to Wednesday!

I feel exactly the same way.  For me, "every time" is just once, and 2022 was a really lousy year in just about every respect so the bar was low.  Still, I cannot remember the last time I have been as excited about anything as I am about ReaperCon.  This will be my "try to do everything at the Con" year, I think, so I will be busy.

40 minutes ago, PammyD2 said:

Ok, I spent over 24 hours straight painting this weekend, more painting last night, and will hope to finish 2 more minis tonight. If I can get the minis done then I can start working on the terrain for the diorama and get minis situated. I think I decided to do way more than I should have, but I can't back down now! Today is the last day I can paint until next Tuesday evening, so I will most likely be working on this during the con. Not what I was hoping for. I think I at least have my minis done for painters. I didn't get my ordnance mini worked on this year so it will be a next year thing. That's fine, hopefully I'll be better at this painting thing when I get around to it.

I have a hard time imagining spending a whole day painting.  It sounds great and terrible at the same time.  I rarely have more than an hour free at a time, and usually it is a quick 30 minutes or so of painting before I need to do something else.  But I certainly know what you mean about deciding to do more than you should have; I had this crazy idea that I should try to enter every category this year (and of course I don't remember why I thought that was a good idea...).  Good luck with finishing that diorama!

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, GoldenPiggy said:

I have a hard time imagining spending a whole day painting.  It sounds great and terrible at the same time.  I rarely have more than an hour free at a time, and usually it is a quick 30 minutes or so of painting before I need to do something else.  But I certainly know what you mean about deciding to do more than you should have; I had this crazy idea that I should try to enter every category this year (and of course I don't remember why I thought that was a good idea...).  Good luck with finishing that diorama!

I had that same idea of entering every category this year, which may be why I'm feeling crazy and disappointed that I will only have painters and diorama. But since this is only my 3rd ReaperCon, and I just started learning to paint, I should actually feel quite impressed with what I have. I am definitely not an artist and I have been working really hard to improve my skills.

I also feel the same thrill and excitement about ReaperCon. It is like no other place. It feels like finding people that actually support you and encourage you to do your best without ridiculing any effort you make. People you can talk to and not feel like you are weird. It's just an awesome feeling!

• Like 4