Reapercon 2023 Excitement Thread!

Corsair

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Next week at this time, I will be checking into the hotel (we're going a day early so we can have dinner with some friends of my wife's).

I'd love to arrive Tuesday night but time  off is in short supply this year. If everything goes to plan, I should be at the Embassy in time for lunch on Wednesday.

We'll see!

• Like 3

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently down to 3 hand drawn maps (ok I'm workin on 1, so tech 4)! I was able to sneak in some matte spraying on my entry & also on some maps as the tape I used was the glossy but very clear type. Spray the matte onto the maps & the tape pretty much goes away. 

Really, I'll I got are some minor stuff like putting some home-printed magic items cards in sleeves & then packing of the bigger miniatures & scenery (which I can't do till tomorrow night anyways). T-minus 5 work nights & counting!! Looking forward to this one!

• Like 4

Okay, weird question here. Does the hotel there use styrofoam disposable bowls or actual china plates? If styrofoam, great, I will snag a few for the paint tables for washing minis. If not, I will bring some along with some soft toothbrushes and dish soap.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

This exact time next week, the first of my flights will be taking off for RCon (after spending part of my night driving to and waiting at the airport).

Yup... Starting to feel anxious/excited.

Yup, I should be in Vegas right now waiting for my connector flight at this time!

Good luck on your flights this year (as I know RCON travel hasn't been kind to you in the past)!!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Okay, weird question here. Does the hotel there use styrofoam disposable bowls or actual china plates? If styrofoam, great, I will snag a few for the paint tables for washing minis. If not, I will bring some along with some soft toothbrushes and dish soap.

Actual china plates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Actual china plates.

Thanks! [virtual doggie treat en route!]

Oh, just thought of this. Last year I kind of became a "safe haven" for a couple of folks who are nervous around large groups. I guess being an older "Grandpa" type, they felt comfortable around me [which I took as a great compliment]. If anyone here gets to feeling that way, please feel free to  use me as a refuge this year.

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 6

On 8/22/2023 at 11:18 AM, klarg1 said:

ReaperCon has consistently been  a highlight of my year every time I have gone.

I am counting down to Wednesday!

22 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Next week at this time, I will be checking into the hotel (we're going a day early so we can have dinner with some friends of my wife's).

Leaving a day early, too.  Should be arriving around 3:30pm on Wed. 

17 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Ok, time to make my 'con checklist.

I just copied last year's.  Time to start checking things off. 

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

"China".  Paint and take has it's own supplies.  If you wish to donate more I suggest hitting up a dollar store. 

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

I guess being an older "Grandpa" type, they felt comfortable around me [which I took as a great compliment]. If anyone here gets to feeling that way, please feel free to  use me as a refuge this year.

You're a giant teddy bear. 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We’ll be arriving early evening on Tuesday.  I was gratified that the Embassy gave us a courtesy extension of the convention rate to cover the room that night.

I’d be tickled to have some low key hangouts with folks.  Sometimes getting to chat up people in smaller groups makes it easier as the crowds start to build.  

• Like 5