Reapercon 2023 Excitement Thread!

Corsair

11 minutes ago, Count Urlik said:

Keep doing what you’re doing: these are wonderful!  You are improving as a painter so fast it’s just amazing!

You are too kind! Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I haz kards.

Yay!! I see myself on cards!!! I'm soooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I haz kards.

I can see myself on three cards already!

I should remind myself to bring and carry a pen/sharpie to sign those cards.

P.S. For those who never met me in person, I also wear a button pin with my avatar. And if you're lucky, I may be carrying sugar cream fudge at that moment.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

P.S. For those who never met me in person, I also wear a button pin with my avatar. And if you're lucky, I may be carrying sugar cream fudge at that moment.

I totally missed out on fudge last year.....

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Count Urlik said:

I’d be tickled to have some low key hangouts with folks.  Sometimes getting to chat up people in smaller groups makes it easier as the crowds start to build.  

I'm hoping for this sort of thing, since I do not know anybody here in person, but one of my goals this year is to get to know a bunch of people.

49 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Easy. I'm the balding bearded guy with glasses.

That should narrow it down to, what, three or four people at ReaperCon?

I may stand out more with a full head of hair and no beard, but I do have the requisite glasses.  I'm going to figure out some way to incorporate my avatar onto my badge.

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

I should remind myself to bring and carry a pen/sharpie to sign those cards.

It may be a bit over the top, but I expect to have a custom stamp (with golden ink!) to stamp the card of anyone who manages to find me.  (No, I did not get the stamp made for this, but there is a backstory there I can bore each of you with...)

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, GoldenPiggy said:

It may be a bit over the top, but I expect to have a custom stamp (with golden ink!) to stamp the card of anyone who manages to find me.  (No, I did not get the stamp made for this, but there is a backstory there I can bore each of you with...)

I want to know more about this stamp. I was actually thinking of getting one made in green ink. Where do you suggest getting one made?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PammyD2 said:

I want to know more about this stamp. I was actually thinking of getting one made in green ink. Where do you suggest getting one made?

The stamp actually belongs to my wife, and it was a gift from her mother, so I have no idea where it was made.  I wish I could make useful suggestions.  I'm using it for two reasons: 1) we've never really had a use for it before, and 2) it relates to my name on here.

As for the full story of this stamp, I'll leave that a mystery for now.  But be warned: it is neither a long story, nor a particularly interesting one!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

Easy. I'm the balding bearded guy with glasses.

that’s my cunning differentiator: no beard.

51 minutes ago, GoldenPiggy said:

I actually have a stamp in the form of my avatar shield. I’m hoping the simplified version on the card let’s me stamp over it, but if not I’ll have a pen too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PammyD2 said:

I got mine off of Amazon--https://www.amazon.com/s?k=custom+stamps&crid=34GT0ITYHHEFC&sprefix=custom+stamps%2Caps%2C151&ref=nb_sb_noss_1 

There's more than a few options to choose from, but I picked the one that is self inking *Checked by DrboB"-- though half the time I resort to the ol'Sharpie on a string (I hang it off a retractable ID badge holder for ease of access.

• Like 5