Jump to content

Reapercon 2023 Excitement Thread!


Corsair
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, you folks who are repeat attendees, need some observations. Last year was my first RC. I enjoyed a lot of painting and pick up events and a couple of demo games. I also ran a couple of pick up demo games. What days are better for playing actual games? Also, how quickly does the giant kitbash fill up? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Corsair said:

Okay, you folks who are repeat attendees, need some observations. Last year was my first RC. I enjoyed a lot of painting and pick up events and a couple of demo games. I also ran a couple of pick up demo games. What days are better for playing actual games? Also, how quickly does the giant kitbash fill up? Thanks

 

Saturday is always gonna be the big game day. Sundays are a dead day for gaming. Friday is a pretty good day, it's not as good as Saturday, but you generally will have players that day.

 

I've never taken the kitbash class, so I have no idea on that one.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2023 at 8:15 PM, Corsair said:

Okay, you folks who are repeat attendees, need some observations. Last year was my first RC. I enjoyed a lot of painting and pick up events and a couple of demo games. I also ran a couple of pick up demo games. What days are better for playing actual games? Also, how quickly does the giant kitbash fill up? Thanks

 

There are usually multiple sessions over the weekend, and they don't sell real fast.  Last year I was in the Sunday morning one and they had 3 of the big round tables, with seats for 25-30 people total.  While tools and glue are provided I have found it helps to bring your own knife, glue and bandages.  JK, bleeding is not allowed.  

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

 

There are usually multiple sessions over the weekend, and they don't sell real fast.  Last year I was in the Sunday morning one and they had 3 of the big round tables, with seats for 25-30 people total.  While tools and glue are provided I have found it helps to bring your own knife, glue and bandages.  JK, bleeding is not allowed.  

 

 

Bring the bandages anyway; better to have 'em and not need 'em.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All 6 of my games have been submit for approval! I just need to tweak some things, more or less ironing out the bugs & such for first time use. Hell of lot better then what I've had to do the past few years. There were a few things that I didn't truly understand like the alt start time or sessions, etc etc. I like the biggest problem right now is the 2 hour time limit & trying to work around that. All my games are at least 4 hrs with the main Saturday game being 5 hrs.

 

This is my line-up for the Con this year:

 

The Fangs of Oatali                      level 6 Thurs 10am to 2pm

Watchers in the Dark                   level 4 Thurs 4pm to 8pm

Shadows of the Lastwatch Keep  level 4 FRI 10am to 2pm

The Snow Stalkers                        level 5 FRI 4pm to 8pm

Hall of the Cursed God                level 8 SAT 10am to 3pm (the big game for me this year - Ravenloft!)

Valley of the Gilded Tower         level 2 SAT  6pm to 10pm

 

As this year will be my last regular trip down, I'm hoping each game is very memorable & lasting for both the players & myself. Labor Day weekend can't get here fast enough!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2023 at 12:00 PM, haldir said:

All 6 of my games have been submit for approval! I just need to tweak some things, more or less ironing out the bugs & such for first time use. Hell of lot better then what I've had to do the past few years. There were a few things that I didn't truly understand like the alt start time or sessions, etc etc. I like the biggest problem right now is the 2 hour time limit & trying to work around that. All my games are at least 4 hrs with the main Saturday game being 5 hrs.

 

This is my line-up for the Con this year:

 

The Fangs of Oatali                      level 6 Thurs 10am to 2pm

Watchers in the Dark                   level 4 Thurs 4pm to 8pm

Shadows of the Lastwatch Keep  level 4 FRI 10pm to 2pm

The Snow Stalkers                        level 5 FRI 4pm to 8pm

Hall of the Cursed God                level 8 SAT10am to 3pm (the big game for me this year - Ravenloft!)

Valley of the Guilded Tower         level 2 SAT 6pm to 10pm

 

As this year will be my last regular trip down, I'm hoping each game is very memorable & lasting for both the players & myself. Labor Day weekend can't get here fast enough!

I think there's a typo, although an overnight 16hour crawl would be legendary!  Is Shadows actually going to be 10am to 2pm, or 10pm to 2am?  I'm guessing you'll get very different crowds, depending on the answer!  

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Count Urlik said:

I think there's a typo, although an overnight 16hour crawl would be legendary!  Is Shadows actually going to be 10am to 2pm, or 10pm to 2am?  I'm guessing you'll get very different crowds, depending on the answer!  

 

As I said, there will be bugs I need to fix. Currently games (& others I guess ) are stuck at 2 hrs sessions. You add 2 hr blocks by giving it sessions. I'll go in & check.

 

Shadows is a 4 hr sessions, they are all are except Hall of the Cursed God, that is a 5 hr block, but in this case, it's a typo here, ha ha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, PammyD2 said:

I would love to play in some Sunday games if there are some available. There weren't many options last year.

 

I had one game scheduled last year & I had 1 person show up & from past experiences, Sundays just aren't a good day for gaming (rpgs at least), with the shortened day & with everyone either leaving that day or wanting to spend the last few hours with friends & instructor, I just avoid running anything on that day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, haldir said:

 

I had one game scheduled last year & I had 1 person show up & from past experiences, Sundays just aren't a good day for gaming (rpgs at least), with the shortened day & with everyone either leaving that day or wanting to spend the last few hours with friends & instructor, I just avoid running anything on that day.

There will be at least 3 of us there that day that will want to play a game or 2.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2023 at 4:54 PM, haldir said:

 

As I said, there will be bugs I need to fix. Currently games (& others I guess ) are stuck at 2 hrs sessions. You add 2 hr blocks by giving it sessions. I'll go in & check.

 

Shadows is a 4 hr sessions, they are all are except Hall of the Cursed God, that is a 5 hr block, but in this case, it's a typo here, ha ha.

 

 

I would assume that your games are enough of an institution by now that Reaper will at least try to accommodate your scheduling needs. No?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

 

 

I would assume that your games are enough of an institution by now that Reaper will at least try to accommodate your scheduling needs. No?

My games are just 4 hrs blocks, with the exception of the one, which is 5 hrs. No need for special treatment & such. Now if I can get the correct table this year, ha ha. The last couple years where the game is play has been questionable. I blame ReaperRon for that one. ::P:

 

When you sign up, you only have a 2 hr block & it's sorta awkward to add to that (ie I need anther 2 hr block, or 2 1/2 with my big Saturday game) & it's not clear on how to do that. I guess we'll see how it looks when the games go live.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...