Stuff seen at Reapercon

Corsair

Of course all the new releases were there. Picked up a Starhawk7 and a couple of the new mold Tsuisekis, but haven't assembled them yet. The new stuff is gorgeous! They also had great layouts for games and were running demo games. Great job Talon!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Corsair said:

Of course all the new releases were there. Picked up a Starhawk7 and a couple of the new mold Tsuisekis, but haven't assembled them yet. The new stuff is gorgeous! They also had great layouts for games and were running demo games. Great job Talon!

There was new stuff? Aww, I looked too. 

On 9/7/2022 at 1:20 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

Any news on the Starhawk resin figure?   As in the large scale one? 

On 9/7/2022 at 3:09 PM, Corsair said:

I didn't hear anything and did not think to ask, sorry.

CAVBoss posted about them in the News section over in the Talon Games CAV forums.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2022 at 9:25 AM, Pegazus said:

CAVBoss posted about them in the News section over in the Talon Games CAV forums.

That's weird. All I see there is a "poster" for CAV Kickstarter III being live.

Even after refreshing the page a few times.

15 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

That's good to hear but those forums are insanely dead, and at present they won't ship outside of the US... 

I try to go to the forums there and it sends me to the CAV Forums here on Reapers site.

12 minutes ago, Brother Jim said:

I try to go to the forums there and it sends me to the CAV Forums here on Reapers site.

Wow, one would think they'd have updated their site to link to their new (still rather dead) forums if they were trying to drive traffic there.  Starhawk looks nice (it's posted over at https://talon-games.com/battlenet/topic/121-new-cav-strike-ops-miniatures-for-september-2022/ )but since they come across as refusing to ship to Canadians or outside of the US (and didn't even bother letting anyone know that they stopped doing such) it seems they've taken up a similar system regarding communication as Reaper has (aka don't really say anything, or if you do, mention it in some obscure place that isn't easy for a customer to find out).  I know it sounds odd, but if you make it hard for a customer to have the option to get product from you, they'll just go elsewhere.  Yes I know about reshippers, I don't like using such services because if I have to choose between that (and get hit with a service fee PLUS extra shipping on top of it all) I'll just give money to a competitor that's willing to actually take my money.  Besides, using a reshipper service kind of removes a bunch of consumer protection measures, or makes them useless (like say, return windows, or the option to figure out WHERE something got damage if damage happens)

• Like 1

• Reaper User

Again, sorry for your frustration. we are trying to get better. As to our dead forums, I post and answer every question on there. If you don't post, waiting for someone else, then they will never get busier. Our website is due for an update but right now I'm focused on getting our production up to speed for monthly releases and new source books.

Best

• Like 2