Bugbear and wolf

vulture

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a really cool bugbear model, and you totally did him justice. Him and the wolf both have great-looking hair/fur, and his chainmail also looks wonderful. I'm really liking how you did the corpse hanging from his belt, as well as the leather bits.

Finally, that face on the wolf is amazing. Have fun running LMoP...it's a good time. He can totally put the hurt on some unprepared low-level adventures 🙂

• Like 4

6 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Very nice. Did you glaze some purple into the mace head? It looks neat. 

Probably  purplish brown mix or maybe brused purple (which is one of my favorites right now). I always wash my metals with various recipes, and purples are my current go to for that kind of thing. With orange-brown fur purples make for a great contrasting shade.

I should note that they eyes in this picture have been bugging me. I went for an eye-shine effect and It was really difficult to photograph (if you don't scrutinize it it looks walleyed- but they do line up). ah well, not all experiments are successes.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, vulture said:

Probably  purplish brown mix or maybe brused purple (which is one of my favorites right now). I always wash my metals with various recipes, and purples are my current go to for that kind of thing. With orange-brown fur purples make for a great contrasting shade.

I should note that they eyes in this picture have been bugging me. I went for an eye-shine effect and It was really difficult to photograph (if you don't scrutinize it it looks walleyed- but they do line up). ah well, not all experiments are successes.

I thin it is the way the sculpt  is kind of squinting. He has a bit of a Jack Elam look about him.