Sign in to follow this  
The Shine

17+ year old minis!

I just found a handful, maybe two, of old minis. I was cleaning out my workspace when I came across and old coffee can full of old minis. Some are painted or partly painted, some are just primed.

There are 4 old GW 1987 orcs. One old GW skelly with a mace.

There are 3 RAL Partha 1988 orcs.

I found the better part of a Dragonlance dragon! I have the dragon and rider, missing the wings, the base and the riders' dragon lance (though I can remember coming across it not long ago). The base, I fear, is long gone ::(:

And various dwarves and adventurers as of yet unidentifiable.

Just wanted to share this treasure with you all. I may post some pics of some of these at some point. Let me know if you're interested in any of it as I may be willing to trade or maybe sell. We'll see what else I can find.

PICTURES!!!

Don't tease us by mentioning them ::D:

Maybe you can ressurect the Dragon Lance dragon and rider with some pieces from the boneyard.

Not to steal anyones thunder or anything, but I also found some old minis while roaming through my old stuff at my parents place. Dipped em and stripped em. Dates on the bottoms range from 1977-1993 with the bulk of them from the late 70's early 80's. GW, Grenadier and Ral Partha....

Here are pics....

(NOTE THESE ARE *NOT* THE MINIS MENTIONED IN THE FIRST POST)

Oldmini1.jpg

Oldmini2.jpg

Oldmini3.jpg

I've got a mini that was designed from the art on the Gamma World box. The robot riding the giant ferret thingy? Anyone remember that? It's sitting on my shelf half painted.

Keith Parkinson painting, awesome looking picture.

What Dragonlance dragon is that you have? I have one in various peices, if it matches the one you have maybe I can help yah complete the dragon (not gonna do it, or I should I did, but over time it's gotten beating, pulled apart etc etc)

Randy M

that's the red dragon of krynn, I have Huma's Silver dragon.

sorry about that.

Randy M

haldir Posted on Sep 14 2004, 07:45 PM

that's the red dragon of krynn, I have Huma's Silver dragon.

That's to bad, thank you though. I think I may have found the wings and the base though!! An old friend of mine in Toronto may have them in one of his old coffee cans! I have to drop him a line. (I should not get my hopes up though)

Excellent news!! I've found the wings and tail and lance and BASE!!!! of the Dragon!! I'm very happy about this news. I'll strip it then give her a new shining coat, then I will nock the shine out with a newer Dullcoat. ::D:

I may get the missing bits in October some time. It turns out my old painting buddy did have the missing bits in an old can of his own. I'll just have to wait till he comes up from Toronto next to get them.

:wub: WOOT!! ::D: