Stormlight Premium Miniatures by Brotherwise Games

gmvader

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in a the base level right now, big fan of the series and I want to see where it goes.  But the base level is all I needed to get The Lopen, Zim Zim Zalablim AND Mr. Grumpy Pants, so i'm pretty happy with that 😉 

Kickstarters like these make me feel really out of the fantasy loop. I've not read any of his books, but I understand that Brandon Sanderson is a really popular fantasy author. That said, I'm still amazed that a Kickstarter for miniatures from his books can get $2m of backers with 3 weeks still to go.

13 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Kickstarters like these make me feel really out of the fantasy loop. I've not read any of his books, but I understand that Brandon Sanderson is a really popular fantasy author. That said, I'm still amazed that a Kickstarter for miniatures from his books can get $2m of backers with 3 weeks still to go.

Didya see the kickstarter he did a few months back for 4 extra 'secret' novels he wrote during the pandemic? Because the man can't not write, and when he had to stop doing tours and appearances he put a significant chunk of that time into writing even more books.  The darn thing cleared $41 million. It was so absurdly successful there was one day during the campaign that they went in and backed nearly every other kickstarter in the publishing category....

I don't know when he finds time to sleep already.....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Didya see the kickstarter he did a few months back for 4 extra 'secret' novels he wrote during the pandemic? Because the man can't not write, and when he had to stop doing tours and appearances he put a significant chunk of that time into writing even more books.  The darn thing cleared $41 million. It was so absurdly successful there was one day during the campaign that they went in and backed nearly every other kickstarter in the publishing category....

I don't know when he finds time to sleep already.....

Yeah, I did. It was a bit hard to miss the most funded Kickstarter ever. I was following the total, just out of curiosity to see what it would eventually reach.

• Like 2

As a fan of both Starlight Archive and miniatures this particular kickstarter is really in the sweet spot for me. I'm in for all the minis. Not nearly as interested in the prepainted stuff, though I have considered buying those and re-painting them...

• Like 2

I went in just for the books in that first Kickstarter this year because I just didn't need more stuff in my house.  That is what I buy Mini's for......    Oh look now there is the a Mini Kickstarter.  The man just knows where my wallet is.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Looter said:

I went in just for the books in that first Kickstarter this year because I just didn't need more stuff in my house.  That is what I buy Mini's for......    Oh look now there is the a Mini Kickstarter.  The man just knows where my wallet is.  

I did the same thing. Books only. The other stuff sounded cool but I don't need more stuff to clutter things up... It's almost like they heard that sentiment and said, "Challenge accepted."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gmvader said:

I did the same thing. Books only. The other stuff sounded cool but I don't need more stuff to clutter things up... It's almost like they heard that sentiment and said, "Challenge accepted."

100% agree.  This year has been expensive.