Jump to content

Stormlight Premium Miniatures by Brotherwise Games


gmvader
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in a the base level right now, big fan of the series and I want to see where it goes.  But the base level is all I needed to get The Lopen, Zim Zim Zalablim AND Mr. Grumpy Pants, so i'm pretty happy with that 😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kickstarters like these make me feel really out of the fantasy loop. I've not read any of his books, but I understand that Brandon Sanderson is a really popular fantasy author. That said, I'm still amazed that a Kickstarter for miniatures from his books can get $2m of backers with 3 weeks still to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Kickstarters like these make me feel really out of the fantasy loop. I've not read any of his books, but I understand that Brandon Sanderson is a really popular fantasy author. That said, I'm still amazed that a Kickstarter for miniatures from his books can get $2m of backers with 3 weeks still to go.

Didya see the kickstarter he did a few months back for 4 extra 'secret' novels he wrote during the pandemic? Because the man can't not write, and when he had to stop doing tours and appearances he put a significant chunk of that time into writing even more books.  The darn thing cleared $41 million. It was so absurdly successful there was one day during the campaign that they went in and backed nearly every other kickstarter in the publishing category....

I don't know when he finds time to sleep already.....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Didya see the kickstarter he did a few months back for 4 extra 'secret' novels he wrote during the pandemic? Because the man can't not write, and when he had to stop doing tours and appearances he put a significant chunk of that time into writing even more books.  The darn thing cleared $41 million. It was so absurdly successful there was one day during the campaign that they went in and backed nearly every other kickstarter in the publishing category....

I don't know when he finds time to sleep already.....

Yeah, I did. It was a bit hard to miss the most funded Kickstarter ever. I was following the total, just out of curiosity to see what it would eventually reach.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a fan of both Starlight Archive and miniatures this particular kickstarter is really in the sweet spot for me. I'm in for all the minis. Not nearly as interested in the prepainted stuff, though I have considered buying those and re-painting them...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went in just for the books in that first Kickstarter this year because I just didn't need more stuff in my house.  That is what I buy Mini's for......    Oh look now there is the a Mini Kickstarter.  The man just knows where my wallet is.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Looter said:

I went in just for the books in that first Kickstarter this year because I just didn't need more stuff in my house.  That is what I buy Mini's for......    Oh look now there is the a Mini Kickstarter.  The man just knows where my wallet is.  

I did the same thing. Books only. The other stuff sounded cool but I don't need more stuff to clutter things up... It's almost like they heard that sentiment and said, "Challenge accepted."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, gmvader said:

I did the same thing. Books only. The other stuff sounded cool but I don't need more stuff to clutter things up... It's almost like they heard that sentiment and said, "Challenge accepted."

100% agree.  This year has been expensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...