Stonehaven Miniatures: 3d Heroes (stl files only)

haldir

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I backed several of the Stonehaven Kickstarters from many years ago and I like the style of the minis.

$29 for 40 STLs isn't terrible. It's probably still slightly more expensive in comparison to some of the STL Patreons out there, but not by a huge amount. I do wish the sculptor would take advantage of the 3D sculpting medium a little more from a posing perspective. These sculpts are still very flat. which is often needed when using traditional casting methods, but just feels like they're missing a lot of the potential dynamic poses you could get with 3D printing.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 4:28 PM, Olaf the Stout said:

I backed several of the Stonehaven Kickstarters from many years ago and I like the style of the minis.

$29 for 40 STLs isn't terrible. It's probably still slightly more expensive in comparison to some of the STL Patreons out there, but not by a huge amount. I do wish the sculptor would take advantage of the 3D sculpting medium a little more from a posing perspective. These sculpts are still very flat. which is often needed when using traditional casting methods, but just feels like they're missing a lot of the potential dynamic poses you could get with 3D printing.

Now that I look at it more, $29 isn't a bad price, but I'm use to cheaper prices for stl files. Now Stonehaven's current pricing on their metal, now that's a different story (OUCH!).

• Like 1

Hmm.  I really liked Stonehaven's elves.  A little sad they're not in the kickstarter.  But I'll watch this.  I've got a couple of days to decide.

Mostly because I've been swamped lately and haven't had my printer going for a minute.  I think if I manage to get the printer going again, I'll definitely back.