Numenera

Great Khan Artist

What happened to the Numenera line? It just kind of disappeared. If you put "numenera" in the search line, you get Reaper's 404 error, (if you've never seen it before, it's cool, but an empty blister pack would be cooler.) Has anyone heard anything? I assume the licence expired, but did anyone get any warning they were pulling the line? 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Search term seems to be working fine for me... https://www.reapermini.com/search/numenera

I'm not sure how it played out Reaper's end, but it appears there was only ever the one release of minis.   I know Monte Cook Games partnered with Draco Studios more recently (a year or two ago?) to produce a lot of STLs of creatures, they did a much larger group of minis.

I can speculate - I think the problem with Numenera for a company like Reaper is just how niche the minis are.  Sci-Fi minis already aren't top performers for Reaper, add to that the monsters are incredibly specific to the setting, and the PCs, while cool are also rather niche, and Reaper unfortunately probably didn't see great sales on the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1