All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Crowley

Getting To Know You — May 2019

I've been frightened by the weather. Awed by it. I have worried about it, but I don't fear it. I do respect it, and keep aware of it.
  3. malefactus

02780 Water Elemental by J. VanSchaik

The Water Guy has a WONDERFULLY expressive face AND a BEAUTIFUL paint job. VERY WELL DONE! I agree. It looks like in rising the Elemental has sucked all the water from a tidal pool. It is a SPLENDID effect.
  4. TheAuldGrump

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

We got in a couple of battles - including one of my favorite custom scenarios. Meeting Engagement - a road running from one side of the table to the other, with both armies deploying from the road in their first turn. (Not all battles are planned, some just... happen. Gettysburg was a meeting engagement that turned into a Meat Grinder.) Megan won the Invade scenario - by a hefty margin. (I had nowhere near enough Surge in my army, this time around. Jarvis serving as one of my Necromancers. I like playing Goody Two-Shoes undead.) I won the Meeting Engagement - opening with Surge on my undead cavalry, and destroying her war engines before they got a chance to fire, and I managed to tie up her trolls with zombies. Her giant and my vampire ended up in close combat - it took a while to kill the giant, but my vampire eventually ended as the victor - an almost dead victor, but victor nonetheless. I definitely need to add a hard hitter to my army - maybe the zombie dragon will be seeing use sooner than I expected. 1,500 points means having to make choices and compromises.... Her goblin army has it easier. The Auld Grump
  5. Xiwo Xerase

ReaperCon 2019 Ribbons

I like this one. Or maybe: The Last Round.
  6. Glitterwolf

Getting To Know You — May 2019

Like others, I take precautions when we get a bad forecast. I do not fear the weather, but I sometimes fear my precautions aren't enough.
  7. Glitterwolf

Good that you noticed. The sooner one gets antibiotics the better when a tick has bitten.
  8. Howdy folks, I dropped the frost giant princess in the WIP forum, so splitting the difference and putting the other half of this conversion project here under sculpting. This guy went from being a very large ogre, to (almost) scale height height for a frost giant. He is about a head taller than the fire giant king (77614) now. I went for an overly buff body builder physique, but with some age and sag starting to show in the chest, with some love handles forming. Thought that worked with older looking giant. With all the fur, thought bear (?) paw boots would be fun, though that would be a very large bear. Maybe an old pet. This was a lot of fun and a great learning experience. Still figuring our good ratios of green stuff to milliput for different applications, how to do small details (like carving out the glyphs in the skirt), and better technique in general. Now I have to try and stop green stuffing minis long enough to paint these. Hope you enjoy it.
  9. TheAuldGrump

Megan has told me that the proper term for my old mattress wasn't 'mattress' - it was 'slab'. We had to compromise on a firm, yet not hard, mattress. *** One of the teens in the Five Man Band called the beholder police captain 'Big Blue'.... The beholder's reaction - 'Never, ever call me that to my face again. But just between you and me, I liked it. I liked it a lot....' I think he just became a bit more of a person to them. The Auld Grump
  10. Glitterwolf

Atlantis Wood Elves 5/22

Who said Elves were the good guys? Finally the pointy eared treehuggers show their true nature!
  11. Iridil

Bones 4 Core Rate Ogre

Thanks for sharing about the base - it levels up the figure!
  12. klarg1

I could probably find players for you, but you'd have to spend a few hours driving south, or they would have to spend the same driving north (and they're uselessly lazy, in that regard).
  13. Glitterwolf

Thunderstone Quest - Expansion Minis

Cool!
  14. Glitterwolf

Happy Birthday Mohawkmonkey45

Happy Birthday!
  15. Glitterwolf

Happy Birthday SilenzZzz

Happy Birthday!
  16. Zink

Raise your hand if it's snowing

Denver's about 1200 km straight south of me but because of the elevation it's amazing how similar the climate is in Colorado. We're about 2,000 feet lower but being further north makes up for it. No snow here for a few days. It's rare to get any this late but we've even had some good dumps in June a few times.
  17. Iridil

Bones 4 Skeletal Chimera plus vampire rider

Great idea - really like that you also did that head swap and the dramatic highlighting on the armor.
  18. Glitterwolf

Happy Birthday Spacefrog

Happy Birthday!
  19. Glitterwolf

#03915 - Thregan Helmsplitter Duskwarden

Good start!
  20. Mini Tool kit for all my hobby tools Andrea Flesh Paint set Mini and Medium Clamps Micron Pen 0.5 Round Cutters Vallejo Black Mud
  21. EvilJames

Gencon 2019

Last year they were all play the game with the writer events if I recall. Might have been a one time thing then. That's too bad. It didn't occur to me to look for frostgrave events until they were gone last year. Had really hoped to correct that this year. Also I managed to snag two speed paint slots. So that's good at least.
  22. Fear, no. This area blizzards and droughts are generally the worst things we see. Worry, yes. I'm a farmer/rancher and my life depends on the weather. I've had to work outside in all kinds of weather so I know how to prepare for and handle it. Doesn't mean it's easy to deal with at times.
  23. klarg1

ReaperCon 2019 Ribbons

I Wasn't Done! One Last Round Leftovers
  24. Today
  25. It does topple forward, yes. But the balance issue is due to that... tab (sorry, not sure about the correct word: not a native speaker) made to be introduced into the base. It's irregular, so the throne is not flat on the bot. Again, easy to fix, yes.
  26. EvilJames

Spiders pretty much run around the house with out issue here. The only ones my wife has an issue with are cellar spiders and only if they are in a place she'd rather they not be, like the shower or the stairs. If they kill the Asian lady beetles that keep getting into the house, then that's just them paying rent and they can live wherever they like (except the shower). Same if they have a centipede in the web. I know that centipedes are harmless, I know they eat silverfish. I don't care. They set off some sort of primal revulsion in me. We have psuedoscorpians, they can eat the silverfish instead. It's usually my wife's job to kill centipedes but occasionally the cats will corner and kill them as well. The big one will sometimes eat one, and while I appreciate his efforts it hard to pet him or let him climb onto my lap, with a leg still twitching on his mouth.
  27. Hi Folks, Here is the mini im working on now. I am trying NMM and so I’ve watched a few tutorials and I’m getting lost in the process, unable to visualize what the final product should look like. The armor is my main focus, and the hammer too but less so. I started with black primer, then underpainted with shades of gray up to white where I thought the brightest parts should be. I then started blue on top and I can see the gradient somewhat. My next step was to gradient the blue to white, then edge highlight, but I started trying this with the gray on the hammer and it all fell apart LOL. Like I said, I feel like I’m actually getting worse! Anyway I’m in Rio this week and next on business but any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. The mini is unfinished so the cloak and front looks weird, but the real focus here is NMM. Thanks so much for your help!! Daniel
  1. Load more activity