All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. None! I've sacrificed a couple pieces of clothing over the years due to them being paint-spackled (ahh, the Crimson Gore incident of 2004...) but I don't change into anything specific for painting/hobbying. I do have a couple old pairs of jeans and shirts that I pull out for house painting and these have been through some pretty rough times.
  3. OMG, they got EVERYTHING right. YouTube video of a Brazilian car ad which is TOTALLY a live-action version of the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon.
  4. Thank you! I think I will try to keep it like this or just slightly bigger to prevent loss of focus on the Dragon.
  5. Xiwo Xerase

Getting To Know You — May 2019

For mini painting? My wife made me a denim apron for painting so I don't have to worry about getting paint on my clothes. (Some of you may have seen it at last year's ReaperCon.) For when it's chilly, I have a zip-down sweatshirt that got paint on it when we were painting the house. For house painting? I have a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt relegated for that task, along with the above mentioned sweatshirt.
  6. The base is turning out great Glitterwolf. I think the scene would look tighter keeping it at the current size, but agree you may need to make it bigger to deal with the water effects. Very cool so far.
  7. The MapForge software (which runs on Mac & Windows) was designed to create customized tactical-scale battlemaps for RPGs, and is already supported by an impressive 80+ mapping content Add-Ons (12 of which are free!) covering all major game genres. Maps produced with the software can either be printed for use at the gaming table, or used in virtual tabletop software such as Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds. But despite the wealth of fantasy mapping content already available, GMs have been clamoring for even more. So we've got some great new content lined up, and are raising funds to cover the porting/development costs. Click here or on the image below to check out the latest Kickstarter campaign for MapForge, which just launched two days ago. Note that the software itself is already developed and available (though a new version is due out later this month); this crowdfunding campaign is only to fund the development/porting of the new fantasy-genre mapping content. Fairly quick delivery of rewards is expected (August), and there are no shipping costs involved, since it's all digital downloads. Campaign launched on: May 22, 2019 Campaign ends on: June 17, 2019 Some boardgamers and wargamers were quick to catch on that the software can also be used to produce custom game boards or tiles for games such as Myth, Descent, HeroQuest, Aliens, Skull Tales, and many others.
  8. Glitterwolf

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well, I can't find anything similar. I asked because all the other in the Lost Valley pack at least somewhat resemble real megafauna/ dinosaurs etc..
  9. Sirithiliel

I think it is a generic fantasy creature, nothing comes to mind that looks like that that existed, to me
  10. Today
  11. So the official start was 0200 in the AM, RHQSDT. (Reaper Head Quarters Standard Daylight Time....that’s a thing, right? )
  12. Chaoswolf

Getting To Know You — May 2019

None. I haven't made a mess like that in a very long time. I do, however, keep a few pairs of my old Navy coveralls around for bigger jobs like painting a room or something.
  13. Chaoswolf

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

That sounds appealing. I've seen a few bumble bees, but I've already seen waaay too many wasps. Those bar stewards can go burn in the fires of Hades.
  14. Rob Dean

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Really? Wow. I've known the black and yellow make olive drab trick for ever; my father used to use it to paint model airplanes in the 1940s, and has an Army story from the early 50s about using it and getting everyone in some mild trouble over some gloss OD helmets.
  15. vhaidra

#03915 - Thregan Helmsplitter Duskwarden

I have nightshift at the moment and normally no time. But tonight my nightshift was calm and I was curious how to paint this hammer, because this is really puzzling What a shape.... So I`ve tried. Unfortunately I couldn`t see how exactly the hammer is shaped. No way, because your painting masks a lot of detail and also the photo is not as well that I can see each little tiny thing there. This all looks very rounded and curved...pffff this is not so well for painting nmm. Good are sharp edges, but here....no sharp edges at all it seems. So I partially had to guess the shape of the hammer and I found it hard to make it look like metal, I needed a couple of attempts. Was a hard job tonight with this photo edit and it will be way harder to paint it on the miniature. I considered about which way one could paint this and this is only a suggestion!!! If someone else has a better idea, just go for it! This is just something I could imagine that it works with all this rounded shapes and which is something you are might able to paint. I haven`t painted all smooth, it is not worked out until the very end, but it is worked out enough for you as a suggestion. This hammer tips slightly over to the left and so the right side of it should caught up a bit more light and this was the idea for the highlighting here. I found this hammer is even hard to do just theoretical (considering how light could be reflected on it`s surfaces) it won`t be easier to paint, but that is actually the best idea I had. As said, if someone else finds a better way.....I also can change the photo edit for to try some suggestions by others. Or someone else grabs my photo edit and change it. No problem. Communication is all. The upper part is probably wrong, because I couldn`t see the shape exactly, but the lower 2 thirds will probably work. As you see I also edited the white balance of your photo and made it neutral in it`s overall tone, because the reddish tone of your photo doesn`t help to make the nmm look metallic. The nmm is painted with bluegrey highlighted until white and shaded until black. Midtones are all bluegreys. If I paint nmm in real I mix blue already into my black, greys and even a little bit into white for the highlights. Only a very, very small area is actually white pure as well as also only a very small area is really black pure. 90% of my nmm steel is just greys from very dark to very bright in many, many tones.
  16. We'll see what gets done. It's going to be a busy weekend in addition this year; I still have to develop the shopping list for the baking binge mentioned above. However, there are plenty of miniatures on the desk that could use some work! (Desk picture later...)
  17. Glitterwolf

That Megatherium is an awesome model! I wonder if the Hornslasher is a fantasy creature or based on a real prehistoric one, I can't think of a prehistoric equilavent.
  18. Hooray shroomgobbos! And Maho's Brambleloop et al http://www.coolminiornot.com/438025 is definitely on your wavelength. Great stuff--keep it up!
  19. Just the right accessory for the well-dressed orangutan!
  20. GLITTER FOR THE GLITTER GOD! SPARKLES FOR THE SPARKLE THRONE!!
  21. Im waiting on AU customs it seems. No Aetherworks yet.
  22. So, i thought I should let you all know this as it has been causing delays. My Laptop had an "issue" on Sunday and I have been reinstalling the OS in the time since. It has seemed to be going well but I think something might have gotten screwed up during the reinstall. I'm having trouble getting an important program working and I think I might have to do another Reinstall to see if it can be fixed or if I need a new laptop. So, yeah, happy fun times here. GF
  23. Gadgetman!

Basing question - materials to use

I'd like to add; if you see something weird, get it, you never know when it'll be useful in a base. Among the plethora of stuff I have picked up for this is those small glass plates used on top of microscope samples. Never used them, but I imagine that they'll come in handy sometime. A broken watch? Unless it's a fully digital it's bound to have some mechanical parts and cogwheels suitable for a Cyberpunk setting. PMMI plastic rods? Any size you can get. Brass rods and tubing...
  24. Darsc Zacal

PaizoCon 2019!

All. That. Paint. New idea for a Paint and Take activity. PAINT FIGHT! It’s like a food fight but with paint! Yes? ... ... ... Maybe? ... ... ... No? ... ... ... Okay. No then.
  1. Load more activity