All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hey all, been a while. Quick job from Bones 4. Added a saddle, threw a Mantic Soul Reaver cavalry rider with a head swap from Puppetswar.
  3. Sylverthorne

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

My experience with goats is that they're great for brush, like briars and brambles, and for stripping trees of anything the goat can reach. And they can reach a lot once they stand on their hind legs and really stretch out. Then they break into your shed, eat your ice melt salts, and die from it. But the one my mom had didn't really do much for her lawn. She was an awesome pet, though. Like a giant dog. For lawns, you want sheep, not goats. Goats are for brush clearing. Sheep are excellent for lawns, and confusing the neighbors.
  4. Darcstaar

King Cobra

Excellent idea and well executed.
  5. Darcstaar

Nagendra Snake Cultists Snakemen from Bones 4 (Pic Heavy)

Great results. Wouldn't have known you did any conversions without you telling us. Very well done. I like the blue OSL you put on the spellcaster.
  6. Darcstaar

Bones 4 Core Rate Ogre

Really love the colors of the skin and fur. Perfectly gross sewer base!
  7. PaganMegan

I set the table up for Kings of War, we haven't played in about a month. I want to kill things.
  8. Box has arrived from @Argentee
  9. ManvsMini

What's on TV?

Recently finished a series on Netflix called Babylon Berlin. It's an English dub of a show out of Germany (original German language also available). It's during the Weimar Republic in 1929, the government that existed after the German monarchy was abolished after WWI, and before Hitler's rise to power. That's just the setting, it's more of a police detective/mystery drama. I really enjoyed it for a number of reasons: (1) there aren't many shows that detail the fallout of WWI from a non-Allied perspective and (2) having lived and attended school in Berlin for a few years, the historical backdrop is familiar and seeing certain places mentioned brings back good memories. If you historical context tv shows, and don't mind foreign or dubbed shows (or hey, if you speak German), it's a good one. Adult themes are present, so bear that in mind if you have young impressionable eyes around the house.
  10. redambrosia

Getting To Know You — May 2019

I painted three in one day once. It was pretty fun.
  11. WhiteWulfe

Oh, some do have lunch, alongside the free coffee and other snacks... A lot of the dealerships I deliver to have popcorn, for example. As for lunch, uhm, sadly the dealerships that have such as an option are usually charging, unless they're doing a BBQ event thingy. Soooo hope several of my dealers do that this year *whistles innocently* Four years ago was epic, I think I only had to dig into my packed lunch as my actual lunch for like five days during summer.... EVERYONE kept having BBQ's, it was awesome. (EDIT: Some luxury brand dealers have an on-site chef... To go with the spa treatments you can get while your vehicle is being maintained... end edit) Paint store BBQ's are the best, since their BBQ's are usually the same day I deliver to them, and I usually don't even get a chance to put things away before food is being shoved my way.... (Never let staff at places you deliver to know not only your schedule, but that you're hypoglycemic. They'll use the "ohhh, you look pale, here, have a smokie" line waaaay too often, and of course that's when your stomach goes OH SWEET FOOOOD WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!, y'know, like puppies do when you feed them, and they had this whole thought process of OMG THERE'S NO MORE FOOD! ...Oh, hey, there is food, WHOOOO!O!!!)
  12. Today
  13. Sanwah

Atlantis Wood Elves 5/22

We got the dwarves...very nice. The quality was definitely there.
  14. Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Devil May Cry boardgame by Steamforged Games, Kickstarter

(they've had a £5 million investment from a local business development fund so even if they had misjudged their funding they'll have the moneyto finish it off the previous projects now Edit: although I think it's more likely they just ran out of steam on the game as they don't want it to all be just the same with new sculpts & since other stuff like RE2 has delivered and no doubt pinched design time)
  15. I could use that next time the party meets Drake at the bath house. It will be the first time they see him in full blue dragon form. Sounds boring and useful! Since the Bones weapons sprues can't be sold as is, I would like to see them remade and put into circulation!
  16. Pineapple

Bones 4 Core Rate Ogre

Beautifully done!
  17. Finally had a chance to sort through the @pcktlnt box that came through @Mutilatedlips. Fun stuff - lots of metal, so it weighed a ton! Here is what I took: * 4 older metal Grenadier horses, probably for my granddaughter to paint * Pathfinder Amiri - I'm painting one for one of my grandsons, so this is a replacement for me * Pathfinder Lini * 5 Necromunda bases. You can never have too many bases, right? And these are very cool. * 1 armored wolf of some sort. Not sure who made him, but he can hang out with my Rackham Wolfen. * 1 sprue of weapons. You can never have too many spare weapons, either. * 1 plastic dark elf (Lolth). Don't know who made her either. * 2 Reaper townsfolk children * 1 old Grenadier female. She might have been a fighter, but with scale creep, she's more halfling sized these days. * 3 Oathsword Sensible Shoes female adventurers! I was very excited to find those! And then I added some <redacted> and a couple of <redacted> and 3<redacted> and - well, never mind, it's all <redacted>! ;-) I just need to repack the box and it should go out to @Sanael tomorrow.
  18. The Pathfinders are all done.
  19. PaganMegan

Hey! You used your Fire! Trying to use his laptop, and feeling guilty every time I look at the screen. The replacement screen came in, but it hasn't been installed yet. In Eberron Grump's character got sneaky, and had Julie's elf necromancer send word about what is going on with the Silver Flame to her government. They found evidence that the "splinter sect" wasn't so splinter, and were planning an actual coupe, as well as broadening their mandate to encompass killing all the undead, including the elven Undying Court. Julie is also letting her government know that the King of Karrnath is a vampire, and a potential ally against the Silver Flame if the faith continues to press their enlarged agenda. The enemy of my enemy. Jon's character is being downright CAUTIOUS, he sees politics as a minefield where the mines move around on him.
  20. Pegazus

Nah. You’re just trying to apply an old set of requirements to a new product. Old product doesn’t need to be used outside in the wind.
  21. klarg1

Isn't the weak, reusable adhesive the key defining feature of a post-it? I mean, isn't it's feature-defining semi-stickiness what separates it from tape? ... Bother. Am I male-ing wrong again?
  22. kristof65

ReaperCon 2019 Ribbons

Some people would say fewer Buglips in the world is a bonus. But not me, never me. I have some Sky Pirate ribbons left from last year, but sadly , will not be attending this year. I'm considering how to give out some of them "remotely" so I can attend in spirit.
  23. ManvsMini

Getting To Know You — May 2019

I once killed seven with one blow... oh wait, painting them with blood wasn't what you meant... To completion from an already-partially-painted-point I once did 40. They were a project I resumed after a couple years on the wall of shame. To completion from primer to full paint, I think I have only ever managed a single mini in a day. I'm pretty slow, and while color combos look good in my head, they usually don't end up well in practice. I should really get my Schubert on and do a test paint pic beforehand...
  24. Oh, the snakemanity! Lovely work on some excellent sculpts.
  25. klarg1

Bones 4 Core Rate Ogre

Very nice! Our of curiosity, what size base did you mount it on? I'm trying to get a feeling for scale and possible compatibility with various games.
  26. Rigel

Maledrakh's 77096 Labella DeMornay, Banshee

Good advice re: the matte undercoat, and those eyes are great!
  27. Adrift

Bones 4 Core Rate Ogre

Rat Ogre...I love it
  1. Load more activity