All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Colonel Kane

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Oh hells. I have said for years, I think Iran wants war. They may well get it. Paintybeard I hope your friends are ok and will continue to be so. I hope everyone else is doing good. Crowley, I wish Lucy well. If you need more coffee, well we can always brew as much as you need/want.
  3. Kuroneko

I just saw that on the news and I have to admit that my first thought was that you might be caught up in the situation. Hope your friends are alright
  4. Glitterwolf

I have read about it, extra bad since you know people on board. I figure Iran will use that as leverage to get their ship back. Let's hope this will be solved without further escalation.
  5. Pingo

Oh cripes.
  6. paintybeard

A tanker with people I know on board has just been seized By Iran in the Straits of Hormuz. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/19/british-tanker-iran-capture-fears-stena-impero-uk-ship-latest Worried.
  7. Kuroneko

Meanwhile in India.... After escaping from a heavily flooded National Park, this tigress decided that the best place to get some rest was in someones bed Thankfully, the human residents decided to let sleeping tigers lie and she was eventually persuaded to head back to the wild. Full story in the link https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-49041722
  8. Knight of the Dinner Table

BattleSystems - Fantasy Terrain 2

Yeah, the added free stretch goals are great. Other companies would sell them as a full pledge.
  9. Carnacki the Ghost Finder

BattleSystems - Fantasy Terrain 2

This ends in a couple of hours. Lots of added value from stretch goals now. I am in for a dollar sixty three Canadian but I will have to wait for the pledge manager to see if the shipping is reasonable.
  10. Glitterwolf

Okay I'm playing Total Warhammer II and now I KNOW there must have been a Dutch programmer who worked on it. Some names : Lizardman Hero - Geef 'eten Dutch for Feed me! Lizardman Hero - Qo op eraf - Pronounced In Dutch Kop Er Af means Head Off Goblin Hero - Blazkaak - Pronounced in Dutch Blaaskaak means an Arrogant person. I think there are more. These are linguistic jokes.
  11. Sylverthorne

Getting to Know You July 2019

Currently, the list is Paizocon (helping to run the paint-and-take), and Reapercon (miniatures, painting, Forums in real time). Used to go to Gamestorm (gaming!), stopped when the indie games we weren't interested in largely took over the TTRPGs we were interested in. Dropped in on Orcacon one year, might go back, as it was fun. Dropped in on Dragonflight one year, weren't impressed (largely, nothing we really wanted to play), crashed Norwescon for the vendor room... oh, and we hit Blizzcon once. That was interesting. We're not what you'd call super-hyped by crowds, though, so Gencon is probably right out.
  12. Rob Dean

Oathsworn Mouse Warrior

I’ve got another mouse with me today, with a slightly more upright posture, measuring 2cm (or 3/4”) from bottom of the feet to the eyes, or 25mm to the top of his hat, so, yes, somewhere in the vintage Partha range.
  13. Dan d'Lyon

Awaken Realms Etherfields

I'm finding Etherfields rather dull. And I get the idea of a narrative gameplay experience, but I think I'd rather just read a book.
  14. Glitterwolf

Rosy Skin Basecoat

I normally prime with white, then use Rosy Shadow and then the Rosy Skin and Highlights.
  15. Sirithiliel

Skeleton Dragon (Bones 4)

he looks way better in person =/ the picture makes him very orangey yellow
  16. Today
  17. Sylverthorne

The closest I ever came to doing karaoke for real was in my late teens, playing Counter-Strike on a series of servers that I was a regular on, and frequently an administrator as well so I had access to the alltalk settings. I used to break out in Queen's "I Want to Break Free" or "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy" every now and again. Of course, I'm tone deaf and nowhere near Freddie Mercury, so it was never great, but the other regulars would all join in. Also, at the time, Rick Rolling was at its height of popularity, so I'd bust that one out every now and again. But I was always safe behind a screen, usually with no one other than my mom at the house. I tried singing for my then-girlfriend, who was a soprano in the school choir, and she said I'm pretty consistently a half step off key or something like that, and she couldn't stand to have me sing because of it. Y'know, Twitch has a Karaoke thing now; it's called Twitch Sings, and it can be mucked with offline. This has been your random trivia of the day...
  18. Paradoxical Mouse

Rosy Skin Basecoat

So I kept trying to paint minis using rosy skin as my base coat. Is it just me, or does that paint always behave oddly no matter how new/thinned it is? I'm switching to olive skin tried for my reapercon vignette, but I'd rather not have all of my minis for reapercon have the same skin tone... Anyone have recommendations for working with rosy skin?
  19. 72moonglum

Oathsworn Mouse Warrior

Very cute and he looks very petite I'm guessing!
  20. I'd love to see the new We be goblin heroes & the druid's animal companion, Mitzi (wolf, no wait, poodle, no wolf, definitely a wolf!) in Bones Black.
  21. Pezler the Polychromatic

Hoping that Lucy will be okay, I love that dog.
  22. Glitterwolf

Shifting Sands Glitterwolf paints Egyptian Undead

Or Dust in the Wind, another favorite among the Tomb Lords.
  23. Pezler the Polychromatic

There's a competition BBQ happening next week, does that count? I've been to Calgary Fan Expo, as well as the ones in Regina and Saskatoon. I am hoping that my friend and I will be able to go to the one in Saskatoon this year, since John Barrowman will be there. He was at Saskatoon's very fist Expo, let's hope that it goes better for him this time than it did back then.
  24. haldir

Conventions: About the only one for me is ReaperCon, 2005 to 2018. Thou as stated, I will miss this year due to the dates (Labor Day weekend, boooooo) but I will hope to return next year in 2020. I did go to Las Vegas Open 2019 this past Feb. It's a wargaming con, but there was enough rpg elements that I may go back next year, that & I'd like to explore Vegas more next time. If I can't get RCon next year, I'd like to try Adepticon, as allot of people I wanna see at RCon, are at that con. As noted above, I go to the various cons for rpging & RCon especially, the the minis but I go mostly to see people that I've become friends with & only get to see them once a year. As far as local, I just learned there is a gaming Con over in Boise (or Garden City, suburb of) called Gem State, that I may attend next year if only for a day. It was held last weekend. There is a comic/geek genre con here in Ontario called Bordertown. As I really don't want nothing to do with this town besides my FLGS, it's not a high priority but my daughter has attended it since it started 3 or 4 years ago. I'm sure there are other in the area but nothing I can think of at the moment.
  1. Load more activity