All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. TripleH

Happy Birthday Mnemonic

Happy Birthday @Mnemonic! Hope you have a great day.
  3. TripleH

Happy Birthday edz16

Happy Birthday @edz16! Hope you have a great day.
  4. Happy Birthday @ChaoticBlues! Hope you have a great day.
  5. Unruly

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Well, no table today. They were out of stock. I've got a raincheck order in for one, though, so in about 2 weeks I should have a table! It's just a shame that I still won't have chairs. The ones I'm looking at getting are about $35 a piece(as much as the table they're going to be used with!) because they're metal folding chairs with about 3 inches of padding on the seat and an inch or so of padding on the back. I'm trying to keep the stuff able to be packed into the space under my stairs when not in use, but still decently comfortable for extended use, so I'm trying to avoid the plain metal folding chairs. Those things are fine if you're sitting for maybe half an hour, but after that the lack of padding starts to suck. Currently sitting at the dentist waiting for the novocaine to kick in in prep for a root canal. Which will be wonderful when it's done, because my lower left jaw will finally stop screaming in pain all the time. But it's also gonna cost me another $400, and max out my dental plan for the year. Oh well, I wasn't planning on doing anything more this year anyway. With all the dental work I need my plan is one crown and one filling per year until it's all fixed. I've got maybe 2 more years of that ahead of me.
  6. Gadgetman!

Basing question - materials to use

Check out this thread: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85445-terrain-essentials/ The KS it links to has funded, but it's possible for late backers to get in on the Pledge Manager, still...
  7. buglips*the*goblin

Tryhard.
  8. Knight of the Dinner Table

28mm Hard Plastic Fauns

Funded!
  9. Xiwo Xerase

Getting To Know You — May 2019

For my Exalted 3E campaign, I used Exalted name generators online. Since this was online, it was done over Roll 20. For my last Pathfinder campaign, I used Hero Lab (on my laptop) extensively. I used name lists online for that campaign but did not use name generators.
  10. Pegazus

Polite laugh indicating statement was less funny than speaker thought. Merge: Oh, and after fretting all night in my dreams, the bees have settled in. Took the top lid off and through the roof hole, they are going about their business rather than a huddled mass yesterday evening. Think they warmed the place up so can do work.
  11. I had seen the cork and superglue warning before, I'm aiming to use PVA glue to stick it. Thanks for that heads up :) Pinning is something I haven't done before, so I guess if my surface isn't flat enough to glue a mini to (?), then I'll see to attach something on the top that is flat enough. Pinning, especially on feet of 28mm mini's, kind of scares me xD I'll try to get some friendly drinkers to hand me their winecorks, and just ordered 2 A4 sheets of 0,95mm height cork from China, let's see if this can work to start it off with :) Can't find those stamps you mention, but I'm guessing I just haven't checked GSW to the limits yet, that site is packed with fun stuff. Thanks for the information, i"ll surely read through it a few more times and might have some questions sticking out later that I'll drop back here in the comments :) EDIT: Chris, thanks for that link. Grass and such I've applied before succesfully, but your guide is a good one!
  12. Werkrobotwerk

I occasionally look up name generators when I'm a player and don't know enough about the setting to pick a good name for my character.. other than that I use Chummer any time I'm playing shadowrun 5, and pcgen any time I'm doing pathfinder or 3.5
  13. Crowley

Coffee!!
  14. These look like so much fun. Great job!
  15. Not generally. I have used random name generators, but that's about it.
  16. malefactus

Nope...it's been more than twenty years since last I played a RPG.
  17. Chris Palmer

Basing question - materials to use

Sanael covered a lot of the ground already. Here's a blog post about basing I did a while back, it doesn't add much new, but does have some photos of the different materials... http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/search/label/Basing
  18. Today
  19. ttuckerman

The one I helped design for the Western RPG I GM at Origins. Hit roll it up and it will generate all but skills and Quirks and flaws. You can generate Q&Fs with another press of aa button.
  20. Either will do. I've gotten his address so I can provide it. We will be doing that. Please stick @Obi John27 after @3vil3lvis then! Thanks :)
  21. What a topic to dive into! There are soooooo many answers to your questions. Here are my basing go-tos: Pumice: Liquitex calls it "ceramic stucco." Vallejo calls it "pumice paste." GW calls it "texture," or something. I'm pretty sure Golden makes it, too. Bottom line, it's ground-up pumice stone (or similar) suspended in an acrylic gel. You can mix paint into it, you can sculpt it to a certain degree, it sticks to whatever you want it to stick to. This is what I use for dirt, moss, sand and anything else that should have a fine texture on the base. I use this on 90 percent of my bases in one way or another. Basing Stamps: A lot of companies have made these now, with Basius and GreenStuffWorld being the two that I'm best aware of (RIP Happy Seppuku ). Mix up some putty, press it into the stamp, et voila! You have a base ready to paint (once it cures). Super convenient, nice for armies. For single figures, I usually supplement the stamp with other things. Cork: You nailed it, thinking a lot of the rocks you see on people's bases are cork. I have a bunch of sheets of various thicknesses, from about 1mm up to about 1cm, plus a pile of champagne and wine corks. The cork works in a variety of ways. If I just want some rock outcroppings I may break up a wine cork. If I want some kind of natural stone pedestal for a mini to stand on, I'll use several layers of cork sheet cut to shape and stacked up to the height I want. Either way, I then take a pair of tweezers or needlenose pliers and pluck random bits of the cork out to create a somewhat "random" natural rock appearance. Once the cork is assembled (and usually painted, when I use such bases), it's easy to push metal pins through the cork to attach a figure. A WARNING ABOUT CORK: some cork sheets are made by compressing cork bits together with glue. These often have a high concentration of cork dust. CYA super glue puts of a lot of heat as it cures, which transfers into cork dust and makes the cork very hot. It also gives off nasty fumes. After a particularly nasty, tear-inducing, throat-tightening session of base building, I now use wood glue whenever working with cork. (In theory, this is only an issue when dealing with manufactured cork sheets, as natural cork is not as fine as the cork dust, but why take chances?) Tree bark: Some types of bark also make convincing shale or slate outcroppings, so this is useful for basing. I've also built structures with the stuff for wargame scatter terrain. Aquarium gravel: I bought a single bag of plain gravel 15 years ago and still haven't used all of it, despite putting "boulders" on things of bases since. I often just slather pumice onto a base, figure out where the figure will stand, then drop one or two but of gravel down in places the figure won't be. Various grass things: Static grass, field grass, grass tufts. They're all similar in application: paint the base you want the grass on, put down some watered-down PVA glue, then place (or, for static grass, scatter) the grass-stuff into the glue. Birch seeds: Special mention here for the tiny leaf-shaped seed pods of the Birch tree. If you want scattered leaves, these are great for the purpose. This is far from an exhaustive list, but it should get you started. Keep asking questions if you have them!
  22. Hi guys :) I've been painting for about 1,5 years atm, but basing is something I haven't properly done so far yet. I've usually smeared some texture paint on the base, covered it in a drybrush and called it done. I'm experimenting with new options atm, recently done a Magma base according to a youtube vid, which turned out good. However, I'm seeing many vids and many bases here with add on material. I'm guessing it's cork? Something to create the rocks you see them standing on, or the carpet under their feet, or the pitfall trap they're leaning on, any of this. What material is this? What material do you guys use to create your bases, and where do you get it from? If I search for hobby cork I just get this incredibly thin stuff used to make wallets and such out of.. not what I'm after :) Thanks ahead for your advices!
  23. Why not get a sprue or box of the Northstar Frostgrave gnolls? They are a hard plastic kit, and are a lot smaller than the Reaper ones. Lots of ability to convert as well.
  24. Chaoswolf

Random comedic statement.
  25. Chaoswolf

No.
  26. Unruly

So I think I'm gonna be picking up the table for my game room today. Tractor Supply has a 6ft centerfold table on sale right now for $35. It's not a Lifetime table, which is what I was really wanting because they're a quality brand, but it's also less than half the cost of a Lifetime table. If it lasts me a year or two, it's worth it.
  27. SisterMaryNapalm

77389 Highland(er) Heroine - quick paint

she's sweet I'd let her defend me any day.
  1. Load more activity