All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. If it's your first mini's, don't bother. You'll improve quite a bit in a year and wonder why you tried varnishing. Gloss (and metallic paint) is good for shiny effects, tho. I usually protect my miniatures by telling others to hold them by the base, and throwing their characters down a pit if they don't. A pit full of ants.
  3. Clearman

Happy Birthday ChaoticBlues

Happy Birthday!!
  4. Clearman

Happy Birthday edz16

Happy Birthday!!
  5. Clearman

Happy Birthday Mnemonic

Happy Birthday!!
  6. Kangaroorex

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Sounds like a good plan for your gaming room @Unruly looking forward to hearing how it turns out. And best of luck with your teeth. I'm currently in search if another dentist. Last one can't handle the issue with my jaw locking and keeps telling me it's my fault.
  7. klarg1

Nuh-uhh! You’re a standard bell swerve!
  8. Final hours, guys! We have 39 unlocked stretch rewards. :) some of the extra goals:
  9. ced1106

Basing question - materials to use

And another warning about cork! Rolled sheets are a pain to flatten. Get some sheets instead, or many heavy books. Easier to stack multiple thin sheets than cut thinner thick sheets. Does spraying the cork with water then flattening them with heavy books work?? I paint en masse, so it's fast and cheap for me. : For sand, it's playground sand, unless I want asphalt, then it's fine craft sand. Cheap white glue and craft paints. Monsters get dead static grass. Heroes get spring green. Cheap white glue and paperclip to apply. A tip of glue works. Woodland Scenics has various kits. I've only used the Rock making kit, for the talus stones and plaster for terrain rocks. White glue, then a drop of brown or black wash. Citadel has a Skulls kit, something like a few hundred skulls for $20+. Haven't used it, but it's a good price if you're skull-crazy. Unlike miniatures, it's hard to screw up basing. If a rock is a few mm off, nobody's gonna notice. If a pupil is a few mm off...
  10. TripleH

Happy Birthday Mnemonic

Happy Birthday @Mnemonic! Hope you have a great day.
  11. TripleH

Happy Birthday edz16

Happy Birthday @edz16! Hope you have a great day.
  12. Happy Birthday @ChaoticBlues! Hope you have a great day.
  13. Unruly

Well, no table today. They were out of stock. I've got a raincheck order in for one, though, so in about 2 weeks I should have a table! It's just a shame that I still won't have chairs. The ones I'm looking at getting are about $35 a piece(as much as the table they're going to be used with!) because they're metal folding chairs with about 3 inches of padding on the seat and an inch or so of padding on the back. I'm trying to keep the stuff able to be packed into the space under my stairs when not in use, but still decently comfortable for extended use, so I'm trying to avoid the plain metal folding chairs. Those things are fine if you're sitting for maybe half an hour, but after that the lack of padding starts to suck. Currently sitting at the dentist waiting for the novocaine to kick in in prep for a root canal. Which will be wonderful when it's done, because my lower left jaw will finally stop screaming in pain all the time. But it's also gonna cost me another $400, and max out my dental plan for the year. Oh well, I wasn't planning on doing anything more this year anyway. With all the dental work I need my plan is one crown and one filling per year until it's all fixed. I've got maybe 2 more years of that ahead of me.
  14. Gadgetman!

Check out this thread: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85445-terrain-essentials/ The KS it links to has funded, but it's possible for late backers to get in on the Pledge Manager, still...
  15. buglips*the*goblin

Tryhard.
  16. Knight of the Dinner Table

28mm Hard Plastic Fauns

Funded!
  17. Xiwo Xerase

Getting To Know You — May 2019

For my Exalted 3E campaign, I used Exalted name generators online. Since this was online, it was done over Roll 20. For my last Pathfinder campaign, I used Hero Lab (on my laptop) extensively. I used name lists online for that campaign but did not use name generators.
  18. Today
  19. Pegazus

Polite laugh indicating statement was less funny than speaker thought. Merge: Oh, and after fretting all night in my dreams, the bees have settled in. Took the top lid off and through the roof hole, they are going about their business rather than a huddled mass yesterday evening. Think they warmed the place up so can do work.
  20. I had seen the cork and superglue warning before, I'm aiming to use PVA glue to stick it. Thanks for that heads up :) Pinning is something I haven't done before, so I guess if my surface isn't flat enough to glue a mini to (?), then I'll see to attach something on the top that is flat enough. Pinning, especially on feet of 28mm mini's, kind of scares me xD I'll try to get some friendly drinkers to hand me their winecorks, and just ordered 2 A4 sheets of 0,95mm height cork from China, let's see if this can work to start it off with :) Can't find those stamps you mention, but I'm guessing I just haven't checked GSW to the limits yet, that site is packed with fun stuff. Thanks for the information, i"ll surely read through it a few more times and might have some questions sticking out later that I'll drop back here in the comments :) EDIT: Chris, thanks for that link. Grass and such I've applied before succesfully, but your guide is a good one!
  21. Werkrobotwerk

I occasionally look up name generators when I'm a player and don't know enough about the setting to pick a good name for my character.. other than that I use Chummer any time I'm playing shadowrun 5, and pcgen any time I'm doing pathfinder or 3.5
  22. Crowley

Coffee!!
  23. These look like so much fun. Great job!
  24. Not generally. I have used random name generators, but that's about it.
  25. malefactus

Nope...it's been more than twenty years since last I played a RPG.
  26. Chris Palmer

Sanael covered a lot of the ground already. Here's a blog post about basing I did a while back, it doesn't add much new, but does have some photos of the different materials... http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/search/label/Basing
  27. ttuckerman

The one I helped design for the Western RPG I GM at Origins. Hit roll it up and it will generate all but skills and Quirks and flaws. You can generate Q&Fs with another press of aa button.
  1. Load more activity