All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Kuroneko

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

I'm so sorry. I don't have the words to express how bad I feel for you and the poor wee mite.
  3. Paradoxical Mouse

The last 2 sessions went very poorly, then we broke up, and all of the players are his friends, not mine, as well as he doesn't want to play in it. I dont think it's going to happen. I dont even want to get my hopes up.
  4. Pezler the Polychromatic

Bookcase returned and refunded. When I went to customer service and explained the situation, she basically said, "We have a 30 day exchange policy, you can go pick the same thing or a different one." She suspiciously omitted the fact that I could just straight up return it too. When I brought it back on a cart (didn't have the original box anymore) it appeared that the customer service lady pawned me off to one of the younger customer service girls, who immediately offered to refund it without me having to ask about it. The second one's customer service skills were far better, and I was happy to get my money back. After the debacle with the bookcase, I wasn't about to get another one by Sauder again. Perhaps he should let the other players actually tell you that instead of him relaying it through his salty filter. He can bugger right off, they probably still want to play.
  5. Paradoxical Mouse

I'm so sorry. I wish they had better news for you.
  6. Pineapple

Beastmen

Nice looking group and great background too.
  7. SparrowMarie

Just got home from vet. He has fluid in his abdominal cavity and they think he might be sceptic. They wanted to put him to sleep today but it's only fair to Sibling to get to see him beforehand because he really is their cat more than anyone elses.
  8. Paradoxical Mouse

And I was just told by my ex that he doesn't think anyone wants to play in my D&D game anymore. The Eberron game that I worked so hard to plan, that I was so excited for. I dont have anyone else to DM for, either. :(
  9. TheAuldGrump

[Game Mastering] Keep on the Borderlands & Beyond

I am very definitely of the sandbox and toolkit persuasion. I did pick up the Into the Borderlands in PDF. Mostly for the designer notes and commentary. I was not impressed with the 5e conversion. (Not because it was 5e, either - Ghosts of Saltmarsh is purely for 5e, and I felt it was excellent, even if I never run it. Into the Borderlands felt... half-brocollied? No better than Return to the Keep on the Borderlands, to be sure.) The Auld Grump - maybe because what I really wanted was an expansion of The Keep and of the Borderlands, not a re-imagining.
  10. Yesterday
  11. Pineapple

Beholder

"Mike Wazowski!"
  12. TheAuldGrump

Working Carnival of Sinners to fit with The Blight. The Auld Grump - I got a $20 bundle from Fat Goblin....
  13. nakos

Amazonians by Tomb Guardians Miniatures

Just talked with the creator on Twitch. The single mini shipping price is $6.69 for 1-5 or 6 minis (depending on weight) for the US, RoW is $8.93. The next pledge level is a flat $5/$15 US/RoW and every level above that is free shipping US, RoW Amazon/Dwarf alliance $5 shipping RoW and above that free shipping RoW. Cass is fixing the verbiage and removing the confusing parentheses to be clearer.
  14. Corsair

Battletech - Great Scots!

I run Highlanders too! Definitely liking the look!
  15. Pegazus

Make him the hero of your story and make sure he knows it. The work load won’t be noticed if so. //Walls and walls of text skipped Testing isn't going as planned. Luckily management seems to have lost interest in any delays, or is going hands-off to allow me to work. Nothing beats having a workday that doesn’t drag. Time for a cheesesteak then taking the wife to see Toy Story 4 while the daughter watches Spiderman with friends. I’ve seen TS4 already, so I’ll be watching backgrounds instead of the main characters. Or that’s the plan.
  16. TheAuldGrump

The look on her face was priceless. She heard the words as they were falling out of her lips. To be fair, what she leaked was pretty much my immediate thought when I first saw the maps, too. A ruined village, and the same ruined village after it has been hastily fortified. Either the PCs are fortifying it against an attack, or monsters moved in after the PCs saw the ruins the first time. I mean, you could use one map or the other - but using both in sequence is so much better! Heroic Maps does that fairly often - there is a ruined and haunted version of the mansion that Megan used for the embassy ball in her Eberron game. Even more so is a castle - entire, partially ruined, really ruined, and ghostly. The Auld Grump
  17. Cyradis

First time miniature painting in 5 years

Welcome back!
  18. WhiteWulfe

I've been contemplating such, especially since they have a drop leaf table shelf thingy for it now... I just wish they would have a bit more actually on the floor here in Edmonton. They literally have all of three Ivar shelves up, and they're tucked in a corner you won't see. Kind of sad, since they're a good solution, but not being able to see things in person, a lot of people will ignore the options it brings to the table. I especially like the fold-up table idea because it would give me extra surface to work on when doing terrain stuff, but then folds away when done... And solid pine is always good. Not as good as cherry in my eyes, but pine does the job.
  19. My next painting project is the X-34 Landspeeder. I also recently finished the Assault Tank, but I did not do WIP pictures of it. I'll share it as a bonus image. :-)
  20. Cyradis

And a different one is a bi-color beryl. **swoons** It is a pink beryl on the bottom and blue at the top. SQUEE!
  21. Hello all! As the title says, it has been a while since I've painted any minis. I recently finished my undergrad degree in painting and drawing, and this summer I had the time to sit down and paint some minis in preparation for a local fantasy/ board game convention. The pictures aren't great, I didn't have time to get good photos of all of them. I painted them all in the two and a half weeks leading up to the Quin-con. (there are a few Cthulhu Wars minis there as well, but mostly Reaper) It was a pretty successful weekend, and I am now inspired to paint more and get into running a booth at more conventions as well as doing some mini painting commission work in the future. It will be later down the line though because I'm starting a 3 year Graduate program this Fall. I still plan on doing a bit of miniature painting and selling during that time though. I backed the first Reaper Bones Kickstarter years ago, and those are what I am primarily painting right now. I've sadly missed out on the last 3 kickstarters, but I'm looking forward to the 5th.
  22. Nathan_DnD

Beastmen

The small beastmen from Bones 4.
  23. Cyradis

I get to study an aquamarine beryl from North Korea HAPPY DAY!
  24. Morihalda

Artemis 2.0 By Kev White

I wasn't interested in the nude version so I skipped out. But I'm so so so so sad that means I miss this one, "2.3." I love his sculpts.
  25. Nathan_DnD

Garghuk - 44006

For the Horde!
  1. Load more activity