All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Talae

Dwarven Forge KS6 Caverns Deep

I finally got my first shipping notice. There is way more on the back ordered list than the shipping list:
  3. NebulousMissy

Getting to Know You, October 2019

It wasn't new but it was the first time since after surgery. I walked home. I waited for the subway to produce a train that wasn't packed full of sneezy people like sardines seasoned with da flu. I waited 20 minutes, several trains went by. Before surgery I wouldn't have attempted the subway, it was only a mile and a half to get home. After surgery I'm still in that state where if I walk too much I get woozy and I will knife fight you for a seat on the train. I gave up waiting and walked home. A mile and a half. And paid for it all yesterday I'm still sore tbh. But I made it.
  4. Sylverthorne

Inktober/Drawlloween

Inktober 21, Treasure
  5. ManvsMini

It's basically a yule log cake, if that helps.
  6. I hope everyone is getting their coffee on this monday whatever. I am too tired to give crap about much of anything. My birthday girl (my bassett in 10 months.) decided she needed out 5 or 6 timers last night after I stayed up late playing Skyrim. I woke up and I know I am getting sick. I have 2 drawings that i need to take pictures of and post in the Inktober thread. maybe tomorrow....... I am way behind on it and way off the beaten trail anyways.
  7. StarFyre

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

its everything. i've been collecting/painting for a long time but i dont have as many figures as many people here, cause i sell a lot to get specific things i want. i could use 20 kobolds since i have 4. but i wont paint 20 kobolds. after years of warhammer and army commissions, i will no longer paint large groups of units :) Yay - pledge amt increased faster :) Sanjay
  8. I'm a first time backer. I only discovered this hobby after the bones IV kickstarter was done the pledge manager closed. I guess the more often you back and the larger your collection the more picky one can be. It only makes sense, if you have a ton of one thing from previous kickstarters than having more of them isn't ideal, especially if you are happy with the amount you have. As for me, I'm super happy with what's on offer for Bones V since I kind of need a bit of everything anyway. I'm super stoked about the Thing in the Well. So far I'm in on the core set, the Dungeon Dwellers expansion, the paints, and the Dragon Bust. I'm still eyeballing the Greek expansion but we'll have to see about that once the 3rd tier unlocks.
  9. StarFyre

the averages, at the end of the campaigns have been around 180-210. it goes up a lot in the last 4-5 days. the thing that seems strange. what if part 3 of the greek set is amazing and you want all of it. you still wouldnt pay for it cause 1 figure? even its larger than the rest. thats like saying 22/25 on a test isn't good enough. it has to be 25/25 :) just seems very strange. I cant think of anyone ever saying every single figure in a core set or expansion is perfect to them but the deal is so good its worth it. they've been hinting at something cool in part 3. cant wait to see what it is. sanjay
  10. I love licorice,sweet,salty whatever!
  11. I use primarily Reaper stuff but have a few washes from Citadel and a couple of droppers of Army Painter. I have the Matte Black dropper and noticed it is super thick compared to Reaper and if I thin it down to about the same as Reaper paints it doesn't cover well. After 3 or 4 coats it does but then I can see brush lines. I'm just wondering if this is an Amy Painter thing or if maybe I have an off bottle?
  12. Obliviously Bones V is already a huge success and there's clearly enough happy people to break records for Reaper. I don't know what past pledge averages for Bones have been but an average of $140 to me says everyone's getting the core set and 1 or 2 other things which isn't exactly a slam dunk. However, I'm sure those numbers will go up as people with $1 pledges finalize their purchases. There just haven't been any clear home runs for me like Bones IV. I don't need more skeletons, adventurers, towns people or dragons. How about a horse drawn carriage? Or people on horseback. Or tents, bedrolls and a campfire. If it was one small figure, it would be fine. But the cloud giantess is huge. Yeah, I could sell what I don't want but I don't want the hassle. This is just my opinion of course. Nothing tops the shear value of these kickstarters and clearly some people are happy if they're spending $600+.
  13. Glitterwolf

77585 T'Raukzul

Looking forward to see you paint this!
  14. Colonel Kane

not really, but there is a long list of things I dislike greatly and try to avoid. nothing really, I have so many project started that I will never finish. I am trying to do the Inktober challenge, even though I suck at drawing. I can do a lot of things, just not very good. "Jack of all trades, Master of none... fits pretty well. Short usually longer in the winter than summer, but I try to keep it short. I have played a VR game, it was o.k. AR.. not so much, unless you count dreams, but in the end reality is hard enough with out throwing in anything else. Does the Inktober count? I am not a drawing person, I was trianed as a draftsman, that I can do, but draw, well as you can see from the ones I have done, they are crude, good enough to get my point across, but no one will ever pay me to draw. eh, i do not really care.. I might have a slice of pumpkin pie, but usually requires a lot of whipped cream and i would rather not eat that much.
  15. I've gotten sick after Waffle House at 2 gencons in a row. The rest of my group insists on going there. I will skip breakfast rather than go there.
  16. StarFyre

agreed; i should have mentioned cost wise. but if you dont care about cost, why are you in a bones kickstarter? many of these figures you can find similar ones done with better detail, etc in resin or metal. Not all of course. I assume ppl are in a bones kickstarter to get lots of figures for a decent price and the fact that ONE figure would derail that? that needs further explanation to make sense. otherwise its like random insanity. thats like my 3 year old twins. they cry cause the tower they used, was put one cm to far to the left vs the right... Sanjay
  17. Cranky Dog

I did it. I tried and succeeded at something new! I steamed vegetables (cauliflower) with my rice cooker! P.S. No one ever said it had to be exciting.
  18. Rignes

Mansions of Madness - Star Spawn

Thanks. Now, if my wife and I can some how muster up enough self control maybe I can paint things faster than we buy expansion... Nah, who am I kidding? That's just silly talk.
  19. I much prefer Waffle House over IHOP. At Waffle House, I know I'm getting "okay" (or sometimes even good) greasy diner breakfast food. At IHOP, they dress themselves up and trick you into forgetting that you're going to get overpriced "okay" breakfast food. IHOP is probably my least favorite breakfast restaurant, but that may be partly because I'm not a huge fan of pancakes or waffles.
  20. Skallabjorn

And also don't forget that there is a tactile aspect to tabletop gaming. There are many that prefer metal to resin or plastic, not due to quality of casting, but just because they like the sheer weight of a metal figure. Sometimes to the point where they will add washers or such to their basing for plastic or resin minis. What does (and does not) appeal in a mini is VERY personal and can consist of many seemingly unrelated factors.
  21. Glitterwolf

Yes! Autumn Salad with grilled pumpkin and goat cheese or with shi take!
  22. That proves you're associated with C'thulu to me
  23. Disciple of Sakura

That's honestly the major things I like it for. I'm definitely inclined to acquire in pewter for my PC, for example.
  24. oh. IHOP. mistakes were made. Not quite as bad as waffle house, but close.
  25. Pineapple

To be fair, "worth it" is subjective.
  1. Load more activity