All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Rigel

Maledrakh's 77447 Werecrocodile

Great use of varied greens!
  3. Lostraven

Bones 4 Core Rate Ogre

This is the Rat Ogre from the Bones 4 Core set (#12). It is a beautiful sculpt and casting. The base is a piece of cork sheet gouged out with the muck made from the bits. The bubbles are drops of super glue. The water is just painted and given a gloss coat.
  4. Looking good. I find it ironic that you're using wooden dowels to pin together a plastic model of being that is essentially supposed to be made of wood.
  5. Green Eyed Monster

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

In this case I think that would be more elegantly phrased as MOWER POWER!!!!! GEM TWINKLE TWINKLE
  6. Corsair

Getting To Know You — May 2019

Good deal! Welcome to the ........ umm, waitaminit.........what do we call this? Masochism? NO NO, Ranks of the Quisitors! That's right......
  7. Rigel

Couple of Bones 4 Speedpaints

That is one smug wizard, but tbh I would be smug too if I had a dragon buddy.
  8. Rigel

02780 Water Elemental by J. VanSchaik

Good colors; don't be afraid to gloss it up for that wet look!
  9. Werkrobotwerk

I could do july
  10. Sets that I would expect to see up for sale once they are ready will be the Core and the Expansions, any thing else will be retail release. An add-on, for example those skeletal monsters referenced above, would be sold individually retail, not as a grouping. This statement is based on past experience from previous projects as a former employee not based on current information loop.
  11. kristof65

I spent the last two weeks dreading a credit card merchant setup I had to do today for a customer. Everything about the agent I was dealing with was giving me red flags that I was going to have problems, because the platform they wanted to use gives a lot of agents problems getting set up right for the equipment I work on. And guess what? I was wrong. Not just wrong, but like he got it right first try, where as even most good agents take a second try to get it right. In other news, I'm happy with my son for finally getting off his butt and managing to get his crap ton of missing science assignments turned in.
  12. Darcstaar

Darcstaar vs. BONES 1. Ep 2 Callie

Here I have glazed over all the green with a very dilute mix of Glaze Medium, Matte Additive, and mainly water with a little Grass Green. This was about 3 applications. I like how it stays bright but toned down the glaring nature and chalkiness of the prior post.
  13. eldamir

King Cobra

It's a Snek!! Because he came pre-glued and sat on my desk staring at me for a week, he became my first Bones IV miniature .. I tried for an 'awakening statue' feel, but am not sure that I pulled it off to my satisfaction, but either way, fun to paint. Painting this guy, I had the wild idea for a diorama that will never see the light of day.. A pair of these fellows at the top of a grand staircase tomb entrance.. but the second one (and this is why it'll never happen) is bent and twisting towards the adventurers that have just passed between the two snake guardians.. Unfortunately, I have no friends with mad wood carving / 3-d modeling / sculpting talents :)
  14. Sanael

What's on TV?

To be fair, that's pretty true to what I've read of the source material. The original run, anyway. I haven't read any of the recent reboot. Can't speak to the show, yet.
  15. Rigel

77503: Temple dragon x3

That fiery tail on Cabbage! Magnificent.
  16. haldir

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

Initial viewing: Other then the stall that was behind the rest, everything is straight. That stall's front is a little bent inward but it's nothing to serious. Overall I have to admit I wouldn't have bought this for retail price thou. Allot more hobby things I could spend 60 bucks on, but it is a nice set thou, & the villagers do have some nice poses. All are human, unless you wanna say some are near human shaped. Typical Unpainted line sculpts. I really like the thief, he'll get some use in tonight's AL game. As noted there are a few figures that have been already released. Other then I need a couple more bandits for tonight's game, I wish they would have made newer sculpts, maybe even made those non-human sculpts. I find it odd, the hunchback in his own pack includes a torture rack, but here he doesn't have it. As I said in anther post, the forge coals are a clear plastic that you paint whatever color you want. Battery is removable. Package is the same size as their other sets (bar set, library, etc).
  17. MedusaMiniatures

Medusa's WIP & recent work

Here's a brighter version of the painted fighter, I don't know if this is better or worse than the previous one...
  18. Clearman

Scale75 - The Chronicles of Run

This is an interesting thought. I don't remember rewards trickling like this on previous campaigns, so I wonder if something changed. Though to be honest, I usually tune out once I have received my shipment.
  19. TheAuldGrump

Heck, my former girlfriend had pictures of her goat in the tree - if the branches are low enough and far enough apart, they can climb trees. Once you let a goat into your heart... they will try to eat it. The Auld Grump - Pratchett described goats as 'sheep with brains'.
  20. This will entail a lot more work, but I am afraid it might be the only way to get a result that will satisfy you. Cut a piece of styrene or other base material to an oval shape, glue it to the current base and then extend the diorama "footprint" to the distance you want the water to cover. Either that or just pour the water to under the existing overhang.
  21. Rigel

02885 - Khalith, Mummy Lord 2.0

Now that's looking spectacular!
  22. Doug Sundseth

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Reaper has said that it will be after all the packages have shipped from Australia. They have not said how long after. The container for Australia was supposed to arrive in Australia on Saturday, then it would have to clear customs, get to the reshipper's facility, and then the packages be sent out. In part, this time window is driven by the need to be able to satisfy any problems in KS project fulfillment. In part it's driven by the desire not to be selling KS product while supporters are still waiting for reward shipment. They have also said that the numbers will be "limited". No indication what that actually means.
  23. Darcstaar

Darcstaar vs. BONES 1. Ep 2 Callie

Thanks everyone. Next is a highlight with an MSP Sample Paint. It seems to be a neutral pale green. Not too blue, not too Olive. I may decide to give this a glaze with a GW wash, but first I think I’ll try a thinned all over application of Grass Green mid tone.
  24. This past week I finished a unit of 10 of the Bones 4 Nagendra Snake Cultists snakemen along with accompanying Shaman. I converted one of the armored two-handed swordsman to have a single sword arm, and used a gnoll's arm with shield to replace the other one. I also sliced, repositioned, and reglued some of the soldiers arms to make the unit look more varied. Painting articles can be found here: Nagendra Part 1, and here: Nagendra Part 2
  25. Does anyone know about when the sets from the KS will go on sale? I just didn't order the skeletal monsters and am thinking about the fan favorites for a new game that starts tonight, so the sooner I could order the better. Without using Ebay, cause my goodness those resellers are expensive.
  26. Auberon

When I got Bones 1 I would paint some of the sets of 3 in a single sitting, so that's probably my record. I may have completed 6 rats in one night. Speed in rarely my goal.
  1. Load more activity