All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Cicciopiu

Atlantis Wood Elves 5/22

Best comment of 2019 till now
  3. TheAuldGrump

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

There have been times that I could have used a stronger Post-It. An actual attempt at Post-It machismo, or an ironic attempt at machismo? (Remember the Base Boss KS from Reaper - sometimes advertising departments do get irony and sarcasm. Or just plain weird*.) The Auld Grump - only three weeks left in the after school game. * The Old Spice Gentleman class for D&D is definitely high on the list. Talk about a niche target market!
  4. Disciple of Sakura

Atlantis Wood Elves 5/22

Because she's... horny. I'll show myself out...
  5. Weird-O

Sci-fi rpg papercraft models?

I don't Facebook, but thanks!
  6. bojesphob

Bones 4 Dragon Turtle

Spent what little free time I had over the weekend wrapping up my dragon turtle. Extremely fun piece to paint!
  7. bojesphob

Roc as Thunderbird

I really like it! The main reason I didn't get Roc was that I had no idea how I would paint it (I'm terrible with feathers), and seeing yours, that really makes me sad I didn't get it to try. You did a great job!
  8. vhaidra

Summoning A Dragon bust

Phew. Now that you have painted this freehand in her face you have complicated things a lot, because osl is painting light.It is the same like pretty normal highlighting but with using a different colour for the light than the white as we use for normal daylight. So first you have to paint the light (highlighting), then you maybe can add freehands. But the best is: Either osl OR freehand. To combine both is something even experianced painter don`t dare. You are even not experianced in painting osl and so I have to tell you that you wanted too much here. So: No I have no idea how you should paint now the light from the flames onto the face because there is no way to blend the osl colours with the skin colours because blending is impossible up from now because you have got painted the freehand already. Consider first what you wish to do: Do you wish a freehand at the face or an osl at the face. I don`t say: Both is not possible. But the right order is important and that is: First painting the osl and after this is completely finished you can add a freehand. It is not possible to paint the freehand first and painting the osl after you painted the freehand because you have to do a lot of layering at the face for to built up the light from the flames there. This is not possible anymore. Either remove the freehand (I don`t recommend this) or give up the idea of an osl here (that is what I recommend). This is anyway a complicated light situation here for a very first osl. Now that you have got painted the freehand let it as it is (looks good by the way, the freehand) and do normal highlighting here. Select another sculpt for your first osl which is not that complicated that you have to paint the osl in the face of the figure. Take a wizard with a flame in his hand for example, this is easier. You did a lot wrong already in the beginning here. For example you painted a dark green shadow at the inside of the hood and in fact there is light!!! Because the light (the osl) is coming directly from the front of her face and so there it can`t be dark. I have no offtime at the moment and I can`t deepen this now. But my suggestion would be paint this bust as best as you can for the moment, do normal highlighting. Ignore the osl here. Look for a sculpt with a more easy osl situation, try it later again and summoning me or better write a pm to me right the moment when you start it, because you have to consider a lot in the beginning when you plan to paint an osl and best is you get a little bit guidance then.
  9. Lidless Eye

Depths of Savage Atoll - 3D Printable Tabletop Models

"The Jagged Coast" has been unlocked, including a Sea Hag, Harpies, Crabs, their lairs, shipwrecks, beached whales, and more!
  10. Brianuk

Reaper Bones 4 Ghost Pirates

I quite like the transparent minis Reaper do although can be difficult to make the details come through but still make them translucent. I washed these, then did an Army Painter green ink wash. The wood was painted, unprinted, with Vallejo wood grain. Then I drybrushed them (green and brown areas) with Army Painter Toxic Mist. They have a bit of a water effect, with the bare mdf bases painted blue grey then covered in gloss mod podge. I am going to field these with the shipwreck golem I showed earlier. Then use them in GA or other skirmish games.
  11. Werkrobotwerk

Crabman and the Crablings - Bones 4

I love it!
  12. odinsgrandson

Greebo Primal Scales

I got a few minis from their Alastoran Kickstarter, and I've been super happy with them. I agree that Greebo is currently doing some of the very best fantasy football minis (even though Games Workshop really stepped it up, and Willy are doing some nice things.
  13. Lidless Eye

Crabman and the Crablings - Bones 4

Crabman approves.
  14. Lidless Eye

Lidless Eye Hobbies: Baba Yaga's Dancing Hut

Thank you. There's something about painting Russian Witches in Reaper's "Denim Blue" that amuses me. All 3 Baba Yagas use the same color. I kept forgetting I had looked up references for chicken feet (I couldn't remember what color their talons were) and kept wondering why there was a Google image page with chicken feet recipes when I'd open Chrome on my phone.
  15. Werkrobotwerk

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

I have not seen one in the house, but they loved the basement of the library.
  16. odinsgrandson

Pony Bowl Team Fantasy Football

Yeah, this one and some of the Greebo Kickstarters (I got some Khorne Kittens to paint right now, and a few of the super cute bears in the mail).
  17. Thoramel

Getting To Know You — May 2019

Prepping Miniatures - Sort of? I pretty much only speed paint at a tabletop level so I don't spend too much time prepping the mini. But, when I prime and shade them (if i shade them) I tend to do several at once. Sometimes those go right on to being painted, other times they sit on the shelf until I get interested in them. So I sort of prep ahead of time. As for getting a large batch ready to go for the Memorial Day paint binge it looks like I won't be participating. A cousin's daughter is graduating high school and my rpg group talked me into running a game that weekend. I only have the time to run a game once every 1 or 2 months, so when we do it's typically a 12 to 16 hour marathon session which doesn't leave a whole lot of painting time. Most Minis in a Day - I painted 4 kobolds in one day one time. But they were very tiny and probably only added up to a single PC sized mini. I think I've finished quite a few more on a single day. But that would have been the culmination of a week's worth of painting. PSA - Sorry. I'd love to ask you fine people a whole bunch of weird questions but don't believe I have the schedule to do so every day right now.
  18. Werkrobotwerk

Getting To Know You — May 2019

depends, if you are counting the cleaning and priming, 1, maybe 2. if we are assuming starting from primed my record is 25 skeletons.
  19. I can typically do 3 or 4 in a day, start to finish, to tabletop level. I remember doing GW goblins is batches of 4-6 at a time, in a 4 hour period, so theoretically I could do ~24 army painted figures in a day. Most of my painting "days" consist of about 4 hours in the afternoon, unless I'm bingeing.
  20. Clearman

Malifaux Metal Pandora, 1st use Kimera paint

This makes them sound a lot like Scale 75 Scale Color line, which I like a lot. I may have to track some down.
  21. buglips*the*goblin

ReaperCon 2019 Ribbons

I remembered that I put a pic of him in the 2018 RCon pictures thread, here: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82333-reaper-con-2018-photo-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1747028
  22. Clearman

Happy Birthday unidentifiable

Happy Birthday!!
  23. Clearman

Happy Birthday Grumpy Cave Bear

Happy Birthday!!
  24. Zink

Happy birthday.
  25. malefactus

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Grumpy Cave Bear! Have a blast on YOUR VERY OWN MARVELOUS Monday. PARTY THE DAY & NIGHT AWAY...Tuesday can sort itself out!
  1. Load more activity