All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Glitterwolf

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

3. I have events to work/attend Friday and Saturday, plus yard work, but I should still squeeze in some basing and making progress on a couple of projects.
  4. Crowley

Coffee... At least its a 3 day weekend. What's that? I'm working Saturday and Sunday? You're full of broccoli, right? Right? Oh....
  5. Glitterwolf

Happy Birthday Shadowphaze

Happy Birthday!
  6. Dang it! I didn't get the magic portal option on my car. Does anyone know of an aftermarket add-on?
  7. TaleSpinner

Forumite Classes, 2019

@vutpakdi and @LordDave Please give me your real names so I can put it in the first post so people are sure that they are getting the right classes on GrowTix. I'm pretty sure I know them, but want to ensure I get the spelling and such right from you (or that I haven't assigned your forum name to a different person I know IRL).
  8. Holy molly! They even got the D&D classical design of the dragon heads right.
  9. Doug Sundseth

Getting To Know You — May 2019

I think I have one shirt with a tiny black spot. But it's small enough that I don't much worry about it. Now I did use paint to correct the spelling of one shirt that I otherwise liked (from Zweibrueken to Zweibrücken), but that's an answer to a different question entirely.
  10. That's kind of crazy. Both the production values and the devotion to the cartoon are way beyond what seems reasonable. Are we 100% sure that there isn't a movie coming out that this is a tie-in promotion with? I mean we would know, right?
  11. sumbloke

https://youtu.be/E5pyXANcsns
  12. Happy Birthday @Shadowphaze! Hope you have a great day.
  13. Random generators: I've made several paper tables for my current campaign, for fleshing out villages the party stumbles across and for interesting loot-the-corpse features. It would be super useful to have a random name generator behind my DM Screen, but I don't use devices back there right now, so I have to just make them up as we go. The PCs meet a lot of "Bob"s. Oh. Paint clothes? Nah. I change when I get home from work anyway, so anything I'm wearing for just "around the house" is pretty fair game for painting. And I paint at work, too, so even my work clothes are fair game. I have one pair of athletic pants with a very... problematic... hole due to an errant drop of super glue. The glue hit the pants, reacted poorly to whatever "fast wicking ultra dry cooling technology" fabric they are, and shortly afterwards, the spot just kinda shattered. Given the location of the hole, I will caution my fellow forumites: wearing clothing while hobbying is certainly optional, but that doesn't mean it isn't advisable.
  14. I am at my in-laws' house today to let their contractors install the last window. I still wanted to participate with something easy to pack. I chose Narthrax, my Boelon's python. He'll be a black dragon so I brought black, two shades of grey, and white. Yes, I do plan on iridescent scales. :wub:
  15. WhiteWulfe

None at all, although if I know I'm painting the place I'm in I'll pick up some cheap clothing from Army&Navy (or Walmart). This. So much this.
  16. WhiteWulfe

Same here, wasps are already out... Thankfully not in force, but still. Some have been a tad too interested in my work truck...
  17. Disciple of Sakura

City of Tarok: 3D printable medieval fantasy houses

Yeah, I broke down and backed this. Heck, the trees by themselves are really attractive for me. Now to get a newer computer and a 3D printer...
  18. Today
  19. That. That is...so. Good. You know it's a good ad when it sets up a sequel... And you WANT to see it.
  20. On Reaper Live last night, they said that it was being delayed by Australian Customs having to fumigate the containers. Apparently the ship was infested with stinkbugs
  21. TaleSpinner

Basing question - materials to use

I must be getting old. I remember the discussion, but cant for the life of me remember where we had it, nor can I find any pictures of it.
  22. Kuroneko

I don't have any dedicated painting clothes as such, just a bunch of nicer clothes that I definitely don't wear whilst painting/modelling. Most of the rest of my clothes have the odd tiny spot of paint here and there, usually in a contrasting colour to the fabric However, I've recently realised that I've got tiny superglue spots on most of my trousers. You know why? Those flipping Infinity minis They have so many stupidly small component parts there are just a pain in the rear end to assemble. You think that you've managed to stick it properly, then a part (usually an arm) falls off and bounces off the table and sticks to your jeans I hate those minis, but they're so pretty once they're painted....
  23. I dedicated painting clothes before they got paint spattered. I didn't want to cross-contaminate studio stuff with household stuff. At the moment I have two sweatshirts (my basement studio is cold year-round) and two protective aprons. I try to be careful, but after thirty years there are some paint spots.
  24. paintybeard

I use an old wood-working apron. The front pocket is useful for hold files, rulers, spectacles and other oddments. The paint catching function is entirely coincidental.
  25. None! I've sacrificed a couple pieces of clothing over the years due to them being paint-spackled (ahh, the Crimson Gore incident of 2004...) but I don't change into anything specific for painting/hobbying. I do have a couple old pairs of jeans and shirts that I pull out for house painting and these have been through some pretty rough times.
  26. OMG, they got EVERYTHING right. YouTube video of a Brazilian car ad which is TOTALLY a live-action version of the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon.
  1. Load more activity