All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Serenity

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

You mean the head was not stuck under your skin as you thought? I'm confused, but happy for you. Ticks are the worst of bugs.
  3. Lostraven

Gargantuan Orcz

Very nice - I like that you varied the skin tones.
  4. OneBoot

ReaperCon 2019 Ribbons

Can't do a link due no commerce rule, but I can tell you that several of us order ours online from Ribbons Galore. If you want yours to match the size of most people's, get the 1 5/8" by 3 1/2" size. :) Huzzah! --OneBoot :D
  5. Lostraven

Nagendra Snake Cultists Snakemen from Bones 4 (Pic Heavy)

These are great! Love the lighting on the sorceress.
  6. Lostraven

Bones 4 Wyvern

Here is the Wyvern from the Bones 4 Core set. I really like the built-in scenic base - another nice sculpt from the set.
  7. CashWiley

Getting To Know You — May 2019

I don't think fear is the correct word, but it does worry me at times. I always loved extreme weather...up until I bought a house. Now I worry about the basement flooding, the wind knocking a tree down, the snow or ice load damaging trees or the roof, hail damage, etc. Because all that has happened and cost $$$.
  8. Pegazus

I KNOW! I really don’t understand that. Trip to north of Denver on a snowy day complete, and the acquisition is in the appropriate thread.
  9. Flit

Just got done at the clinic. The tick was not imbedded. So I shouldn’t get any tick disease. On the other hand it is storming hear with all kinds of alerts and watches. Just a regular spring
  10. Buzz, buzz! For those squeamish, spoilers! Might have to zoom in on that second pic to see their smiling faces. Five frame nuc of Italian honey bees. Sadly, due to the snow, they’ll have to spend the day in cramped quarters for another day. Not like they’ll be out collecting anyway, so they’ll spend the day in the garage. But the hive was set up this last weekend, so things are ready to go.
  11. Crowley

Lunch consumed, coffee finished. Rest of the afternoon, plus an after work hours all hands meeting. Fun... At least when all that's over I can go home and study for the CPA. I'd rather be painting.
  12. kristof65

Raise your hand if it's snowing

One of the reasons we moved here was because I was making that drive 6-8 times a year for work anyway. Last year only had to do one round trip, this year this will be my second trip. Nobody else in my CO family better graduate, die, get married or otherwise require me at a celebration or event there this year!
  13. Valthorn_Illian

ReaperCon 2019 Ribbons

I'll probably do two. Gonna need that link.
  14. Doug Sundseth

Good thing that road is so pretty.
  15. Pingo

Reaper is pretty good, but in my experience Hasslefree is the master at efficiently packing surprising amounts of stuff in tiny, tiny boxes.
  16. kristof65

Same here - it was low 90s one day. I hope this weekend is nice in CO. Supposed to attend my nephew's graduation in Bailey on Saturday - leaving Thursday night to drive out.
  17. 72moonglum

Gargantuan Orcz

I really love these muted tones you paint these with! With those other orcs, those are sculpts from Tom Meier and are very nice but a good deal smaller than the ones you painted.
  18. Illithar

No, not really. The worst I may have to worry about is icy sidewalks on my way to work, and that's only in the winter. Although as some others have said, the climate is a concern. I live within a rain forest and the town I am in is dependent on hydro power, but our rainfall has been so low that the town has had to start running diesel generators to compensate for the low levels at the dam.
  19. Today
  20. Ludo

ReaperCon 2019 Ribbons

argh! I knew I should have saved all of my one off socks/socks with holes! I'd have a fortune in goblin currency!
  21. Doug Sundseth

Of course it got up to 89F/32C last week here. And they're predicting mid-70s for this weekend. But it's 36F/2C and snowing off and on right now, which is suboptimal.
  22. Vacaroja

Armies of "O"s - Teams #2, #3, & #4

We're almost done with these guys. A little tease. Also, with these past two sets, I started using the recently acquired NMM Gold Triad in a few different ways. I'm falling in love with that triad fast.
  23. Lidless Eye

Stonehaven Dwarves Vol. 2

I've shared that feeling since the Giants Kickstarter. It's even worse since none of those miniatures appear to have made it to retail...I think there was a problem with their resin caster. There was no "Troll" in this set, either. I hate to speculate, but the communication getting worse has been ongoing for several projects now.
  24. Glitterwolf

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I have looked over my pledge and what I got. On the subject of bases it went all over the place. I know for which ones I pledged, and it seems I got more of one kind and less of another kind. In the end I will not ask for correction on this, but it seems someone just tossed in a bunch of bags of bases and hoped for the best. I got so many round bases / bas of flying stands suddenly, and some other bases are missing. Anyway...not a real problem, just odd. I think I will put some of those excess bases in BOGW's / Care Packages and such.
  25. TheAuldGrump

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Away from my box o' doom, but did this Bones KS include 3" round bases like Bones 3 did? If so, flip the base upside down, blue tack/poster putty to hold the throne in place, then fill with sand mixed with white glue. Let dry, then pull the throne out again - it should leave a socket that you can use to hold the throne after painting and finishing the base. I might use green stuff to make a tiled base, instead of the sand/glue mix, but the theory remains the same. The Auld Grump
  26. Cranky Dog

It might up to a dozen, depending on how you count it. It was the Bones 1 rats. They came in threes, and I had four sprues. So a set of white rats, brown, gray, and black. Being relatively simple designs, and in sets. Army style painting of identical color schemes made it a relatively speedy job. Not particularly. I know it's dangerous to drive in snowstorms, but sometimes I'm stuck doing it anyway. And since I don't live in tornado/hurricane prone areas, there's no real worry. Even heavy snowstorms are more an annoyance than a cause to be afraid. With all that being said, if I were stuck outside, lost in a snowstorm, without a clue as to where I am, I would imagine my stress levels would rise quite rapidly.
  27. Chris Palmer

Mossbeard Arm Reversal Conversion

Last night and this morning I glued the arms to the body; first one then the other. Now I just need to blend the shoulder joints. Really happy with how it is looking so far.
  1. Load more activity