All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Rigel

Necromantic logging machinery

Genius idea! And county-sized arcane sigils sounds like Bad Mojo on an existential scale.
  3. Rigel

Stone Giant Conversion (Ral Partha 1988)

Excellent height adjustment, and those are some rad huckable rune-scribed boulders!
  4. Thoramel

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

A very green day today. First, there was a stream bed full of my favorite groundwater fed species... Skunk Cabbage. Then we found some endangered horsetail. There were also some cool rocks as we hiked upstream. And then I came home and got the first lettuce harvest from my garden. Good day, all in all.
  5. LittleBluberry

It is unfortunately pretty much the norm. You might want to keep a journal of what repairs you do and contact info for people who you can call to fix things. Even a new house will have things a builder screwed up that need to get fixed.
  6. PaganMegan

I was about to say it wasn't me, but then I remembered. Sorry, hon. I actually knew that about Binky! I think I was looking for info on Death's horse from Discworld when I ran across it.
  7. eldamir

Because when they're not being little suicide machines or little poop machines, they have the potential to be rather cute..
  8. Garbosch

Paint Track Apps?

I found your app here and I was curious about it. Installed and only minutes later I've bought the full version. In my opinion the app is ingenious. Is all I ever want. Thanks for it.
  9. Evilhalfling

Noggin the Nog - Commission to recreate box art.

this makes 7 of 16 its starting to be more of a chore: not sure whats going on with the TMM, but these 3 started moving past my 2 hour each limit.
  10. Othikent

Umber Hulk (Wizkids)

I get my styrene from model shops, you can get it online as well. The clear stuff is from a company called Plastruct I got a package of 30 rods 1/8"/ 3.2mm. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it but it goes for around $10-12 a package.
  11. Brianuk

Dreadmere Pack turtle

Will give it a go potentially with the triceratops that I got on the KS. Although still holding out for a car with stone wheels and holes in the floor...
  12. Flit

Yep..they said I got all of the tick out. It just looked like there was something still in my skin.
  13. Kangaroorex

What I wouldn't give to see a commission or bonus program that paid out only part of the funds up front and the rest after you saw how it did after 2 or 3 years. I imagine people would have quite a different view of what to install or who to listen to.
  14. TGP

I have only ever heard Binky used in period drama television shows. Actual extended family members used other silly words. (...There are lots of silly words that crop up in the presence of human infants...) (...Why is that?..)
  15. Cranky Dog

It all depends if you consider the movie to be American or British. If a UK citizen, then it all depends how long Theresa May stays in office or not.
  16. aku-chan

Stonehaven Dwarves Vol. 2

Going by the update before last it sounds like the wife half of their team was the communication person, but now she, apparently, has very little involvement in things there's no one doing it. Totally baseless speculation, but I'm wondering if, over time, this has become less a side business and more a hobby.
  17. Kangaroorex

Not to be overly sarcastic but 'welcome to the world of home ownership' There will always be stuff that needs to be fixed. something is always failing. Owning a house does give you some appreciation of a good landlord. Just wait until you have lived there 10 years and you need to figure out how to move everything so you can change the carpet or redo the flooring. the favorite part in my house is that the last owner couldn't decide if he was a plumber or a designer of water slides for mice. I seriously have a 15 degree angle on one of my pipes.
  18. Xiwo Xerase

And then, in some parts, "binky" evolved to mean "security blanket"?
  19. PaganMegan

Binky was a company that made pacifiers. Like Zipper, the name stuck - though, oddly, it stuck longer in England, even though I think Binky was an American company. (Boston or New York, I think. Maybe both.) The Auld Grump - Megan has been playing with my computer again.... Waiting on one more player before the game begins. (Detention, I gather.)
  20. Today
  21. I'm running a Pathfinder one-shot this week, and I'm chucking the PCs against the Forest Chewer. It's an undead-troll powered machine that turns 30' swaths of the Narlmarches into sawdust to create arcane symbols that are many miles across. So I decided to make a working model out of Lego for the encounter. :-) Turning the crank in back makes the trolls go up and down, as well as whirling all the saw blades up front. Now that I've got a working prototype, I've got to complete the aesthetic touches.
  22. Green Eyed Monster

So when it starts to go "Wahoonie Shaped" lay it off on the engineer and his "custom programing". It won't help with this situation but might prevent future incidents of a similar nature. Sometimes the only way to get people who will be out of the loop from making these sort of promises is to require them to make good on those promises when it turns out they have over promised and under delivered. GEM
  23. Sirithiliel

Alpine Blacktooth (Bones 4)

Thanks! I am glad you like it. Welcome to the forums! and yea I wanted mine to be a proper rex
  24. Rigel

Dreadmere Pack turtle

Adorable! Splendid work on this brute. That would be fantastic, though I can tell you from personal experience that you can also craft your own platforms onto dollar-store dinos with popsicle sticks and toothpicks.
  25. Doug Sundseth

I thought it was an interesting question, too. Which means that I was virtually required to look it up. Well, I hope it's in a pretty area with good hotels. Not the way to bet, I'm sure.
  26. kristof65

I'm pretty sure that I'm experiencing what will later be an "I told you so" moment. I certainly hope I'm wrong, but 20 years of experience is screaming I won't be. Distributor rep comes to me last year needing help with a quote for a site that is in another state from her. She was approached by a wash manufacturer selling to the site looking for help with some of the site's special requirements. She has experience with a bunch of equipment, which is why they went to her. She recommends my client's equipment. She and I discuss these requirements as well as the fact that we'll have to service a site that is 12 hours away from her, and 8 hours away from me in a small town of 5k people with no big cities nearby. We figure out the equipment mix which is able to do what they want, but is also the most reliable and easiest to maintain pieces of equipment my client makes. Deal goes forward last month, they pay their deposit - every thing is looking fine. New site owners go to car wash trade show, go to my client's booth, and see all the fancy and flashy new equipment, get mad that we didn't "sell them the good stuff" (for significantly more money, I might add.) And then they talk to the engineer, who promises he can do some custom programming the distributor and I already ruled out. The sale is still going through the distributor, so that's not a problem, but she and I are upset because we're sure we'll be the ones bearing the brunt of any dissatisfaction that the customer experiences because they're 8 hours away from anyone qualified to work on their equipment, and they've chosen the most complicated (and thus prone to issues) equipment my client manufactures. I expressed my concerns to my client, and all they can see is a sale that is going to be $40-50k more than what I originally helped the dist quote, not the back end support that will eat all that up.
  27. Rigel

Calamari of Unusual Size (pic-heavy)

Magnificent! Lovely work on the Kraken, but the algae-grown drowned wood is worth special mention.
  1. Load more activity