All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Bane Of Humanity

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Well because of the resizing...which has happened before.
  3. Julie's a fantastic sculptor, especially with dragons, and so are many other sculptors when it comes to dragons. I don't think it's a matter of Reaper saying, "ok we need a dragon, it automatically goes to Julie." I think it's more a case of "ok, we want to to an epic dragon, this is the timetable we have to complete it before we need it molded, who can do it?" I think it then becomes a matter of who has experience and really excels at that type of project. Look at Dave Summers' work for Dark Sword. Several of their dragons are done by him, as well as a vast majority of their Critter Kingdom line. He's just really suited to critter types. I think GvH did a great job on Argent.
  4. Pineapple

Bones 4 Wyvern

Really nicely done wings and scales!
  5. Sirithiliel

argent is very chunky and his legs have weird bulges, but since the dragon i'm making him into is a senile ancient red, it's okay if he's a bit on the thick side with odd proportions
  6. Ratmaster2000

Happy Birthday Maredudd

Happy Birthday!
  7. Look familiar? The head is a bit different, but the wings and the pose? It is a spine frill away from this guy (which would be a very fun conversion, imo)
  8. Today
  9. I wouldn't worry about it, its not his first time through a dragon.
  10. I'd like to see reaper expand out to other sculptors but not sure if cost, time, or needed material limits the ones I'd use. Yes it means silver but considering their version of tiamat came out the prior campaign it makes more sense that this was to be their bahamut. Yes, should be doable with rare earth magnets. I'd imagine 2 magnets and good chunk metal on the other side. Sanjay
  11. Lidless Eye

I think it was a reference to him being an obvious stand-in for Bahamut, the Platinum Patron of Good Dragons in most Dungeons & Dragons settings.
  12. Green Eyed Monster

Argent means Silver Look it up. GEM
  13. Why do people keep thinking it has anything to do with being 3d printed. Gf9, mierce, gw all 3d print high quality resin masters on commercial printers and they have great detail. I think issue is that they are meant to be done in a type of pvc plastic in as few parts as possible, which limits them compared to high quality resin models or many part gw plastic kits. I'm doing a borys dragon of tyr model. Head neck segments torso legs arms all 3d printed on a form 2. The head has much finer details than on the bones models. But just the head cost me around $100. Sanjay
  14. AuralEntropy

Stone Giant Conversion (Ral Partha 1988)

Thanks! The boulders were a happy accident. First time using the sculpting clay I of course made way too much, so as it hardened I decided to make some rocks for later. That lead to the idea of magnetizing them. The only blessing in using milliput white is that they were easy to carve into.
  15. Lidless Eye

Stonehaven Dwarves Vol. 2

I can't say I disagree. It's one of the reasons I've gone in so heavily during Kickstarters...the savings are just too good, and when I go Completionist, I can still sell the ones I don't care for.
  16. WhiteWulfe

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

True. I was mainly referring to sensor-shifting forms of stabilization, but lens stabilization is even pickier. Thankfully for my camera, turning IBIS off also turns off the optical stabilization Now that I'm starting to actually use a tripod more often, I really should set a hotkey for turning Dual I.S.2 on and off.
  17. TripleH

Kuzunoha, the fox of Shinoda by Elder Forge

Just curious, if anyone in the U.S. has received anything yet?
  18. Corsair

Hmmm.......Colmac.....
  19. Doug Sundseth

Some generations of Vibration Reduction (every camera company calls their stabilization something different) can cause problems when used on a tripod. If you're using a tripod, consider turning it off if that's something you can do.
  20. redambrosia

To be fair, babies can be ridiculously cute, and most people's brains shut down in the face of that kind of cuteness. Me, I just use nonsense words on a daily basis anyway. Thos little girl has no chance at being anything but weird
  21. Inarah

Reaper Bones Kickstarter 4 Orrery

That looks nice. I particularly like the bronze metal parts of the base.
  22. sumbloke

Summcd Doesn't really roll off the tongue...
  23. WhiteWulfe

Getting To Know You — May 2019

Yup, definitely hear you on lightning. Sure makes the big capacitors on power poles go BOOOOOM loud enough to wake up several neighbourhoods, and have the police bomb squad show up because of just how loud it was... (alongside all the emergency power crews, that somehow responded only thirty seconds slower than the fire trucks did). ...And then you can't sleep for two hours because the familiar 60Hz hum in the walls isn't there o_O
  24. Doug Sundseth

Scale75 - The Chronicles of Run

My mini-Christmas was today as well. No notice, just a package on the porch. Mine looks a lot like @Mckenna35's. Thenidiel's bow is broken, but it's a clean break and should be easy to fix. Otherwise looks very good. Sculpts and casting are very nice, both for the busts and the 35mm figures.
  25. Xiwo Xerase

Spring/Summer Colors for the Herbalist

Blush Pink maybe?
  26. Crowley

I have received 4 summonses so far. Of them, one I didn't serve because I'd moved out of state, and the other I called the night before and they said they didn't need me. Of the other two, one I did go in for, I wasn't picked for the jury, and the other I go in for tomorrow. We'll see if I get picked for a case or if I'll spend the day studying. I don't even get the $15 for lunch I got last time. Apparently NYC gives $40, but only if your work doesn't pay you for jury duty, and mine does. So, I guess I'll be buying my own lunch tomorrow. Davasi or Croasi. That works actually... Hmmm... Kinda sounds like a tiefling name.
  27. I watched Geostorm, mostly due the the review from one of my favourite critics- "It's a film so ridiculous that it made me stupider merely by watching it. And the more stupid I became, the more I enjoyed the film" Y'know, he was totally correct
  1. Load more activity