All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. TGP

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

I don’t. But since suggesting it to @Unruly I started researching it. I tried calling US Post Awful customer service to ask what the regs are for my zip code (because I have an idea it varies by postal code and delivery route). I discovered that USPS is in competition with the US IRS to see which can generate the longest wait time on hold after wading through a complex automated menu (clearly this is some kind of event with medals at stake) USPS threatened a hold time exceeding one hour with Loud yet very generic on-hold Muzak. (I gave up judging the event after about 17 minutes.) The hardware for such is sold in the US. Not yet sure I could switch my mailbox to such a thing. I found something on the USPS webpages that indicated ...maybe yes.
  3. SisterMaryNapalm

The Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship Of The Ring (WiP)

Cool or nice is no "feedback" I need to have in 20 different threads. If I value one's work, I stick with it. Otherwise I just throw in a like and that means close to nothing then. From my pov that's a good choice.
  4. Clearman

Kuzunoha, the fox of Shinoda by Elder Forge

I've received mine. Last week sometime.
  5. Wren

Paint Equivalents

Phantom Glow is pretty close in value to Ghostly Moss. Ghostly Moss is a touch bluer. You could probably add a little of a vivid blue to Phantom Glow to get a pretty close colour match. Fair Highlight is about the same value as Maiden Flesh. It tints a little pinker where Maiden Flesh tints a bit more yellow. You could probably add just a tiny amount of Palomino Gold or another yellow ochre type colour to shift the Fair Highlight. Though I believe the person who stated Maiden Flesh will be integrated into the Bones HD line is correct.
  6. ManvsMini

Getting To Know You — May 2019

Do those things actually work? I always thought about buying one of them, because I am ridiculously slow/meticulous with cleaning my plastics. I always have to use a sharp blade on my x-acto knife. I refrained because I thought it was just another overpriced scam from them. But if they actually work... Do it clean up well? I imagine it only works for plastics? And do you need to sharpen it? Oh, and can you use them with either hand, or are they made to only scrape with one-side? (I'm a lefty living in a right-handed world...)
  7. SparrowMarie

May the Paint be with You (May Hobby Goals)

Goals: - Unpack and organize new hobby room. Progress:
  8. Today
  9. Bane Of Humanity

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

Well because of the resizing...which has happened before.
  10. Julie's a fantastic sculptor, especially with dragons, and so are many other sculptors when it comes to dragons. I don't think it's a matter of Reaper saying, "ok we need a dragon, it automatically goes to Julie." I think it's more a case of "ok, we want to to an epic dragon, this is the timetable we have to complete it before we need it molded, who can do it?" I think it then becomes a matter of who has experience and really excels at that type of project. Look at Dave Summers' work for Dark Sword. Several of their dragons are done by him, as well as a vast majority of their Critter Kingdom line. He's just really suited to critter types. I think GvH did a great job on Argent.
  11. Pineapple

Bones 4 Wyvern

Really nicely done wings and scales!
  12. Sirithiliel

argent is very chunky and his legs have weird bulges, but since the dragon i'm making him into is a senile ancient red, it's okay if he's a bit on the thick side with odd proportions
  13. Ratmaster2000

Happy Birthday Maredudd

Happy Birthday!
  14. Look familiar? The head is a bit different, but the wings and the pose? It is a spine frill away from this guy (which would be a very fun conversion, imo)
  15. I wouldn't worry about it, its not his first time through a dragon.
  16. I'd like to see reaper expand out to other sculptors but not sure if cost, time, or needed material limits the ones I'd use. Yes it means silver but considering their version of tiamat came out the prior campaign it makes more sense that this was to be their bahamut. Yes, should be doable with rare earth magnets. I'd imagine 2 magnets and good chunk metal on the other side. Sanjay
  17. Lidless Eye

I think it was a reference to him being an obvious stand-in for Bahamut, the Platinum Patron of Good Dragons in most Dungeons & Dragons settings.
  18. Green Eyed Monster

Argent means Silver Look it up. GEM
  19. Why do people keep thinking it has anything to do with being 3d printed. Gf9, mierce, gw all 3d print high quality resin masters on commercial printers and they have great detail. I think issue is that they are meant to be done in a type of pvc plastic in as few parts as possible, which limits them compared to high quality resin models or many part gw plastic kits. I'm doing a borys dragon of tyr model. Head neck segments torso legs arms all 3d printed on a form 2. The head has much finer details than on the bones models. But just the head cost me around $100. Sanjay
  20. AuralEntropy

Stone Giant Conversion (Ral Partha 1988)

Thanks! The boulders were a happy accident. First time using the sculpting clay I of course made way too much, so as it hardened I decided to make some rocks for later. That lead to the idea of magnetizing them. The only blessing in using milliput white is that they were easy to carve into.
  21. Lidless Eye

Stonehaven Dwarves Vol. 2

I can't say I disagree. It's one of the reasons I've gone in so heavily during Kickstarters...the savings are just too good, and when I go Completionist, I can still sell the ones I don't care for.
  22. WhiteWulfe

True. I was mainly referring to sensor-shifting forms of stabilization, but lens stabilization is even pickier. Thankfully for my camera, turning IBIS off also turns off the optical stabilization Now that I'm starting to actually use a tripod more often, I really should set a hotkey for turning Dual I.S.2 on and off.
  23. TripleH

Kuzunoha, the fox of Shinoda by Elder Forge

Just curious, if anyone in the U.S. has received anything yet?
  24. Corsair

Hmmm.......Colmac.....
  25. Doug Sundseth

Some generations of Vibration Reduction (every camera company calls their stabilization something different) can cause problems when used on a tripod. If you're using a tripod, consider turning it off if that's something you can do.
  26. redambrosia

To be fair, babies can be ridiculously cute, and most people's brains shut down in the face of that kind of cuteness. Me, I just use nonsense words on a daily basis anyway. Thos little girl has no chance at being anything but weird
  27. Inarah

Reaper Bones Kickstarter 4 Orrery

That looks nice. I particularly like the bronze metal parts of the base.
  1. Load more activity