All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks. Apparently my GoogleFu failed me. :)
  3. Jellyranger69

Sanguinius

Very cool piece and stunning work, I’m hoping to snag Abaddon soon.
  4. Xiwo Xerase

Getting to Know You, October 2019

My thin ponytail gets about halfway down my back, although it starts tapering off around my shoulders. Most of the hair forward of my temples is gone and I might be starting to bald at the top of my head (where most people go bald first). If I lose all of my hair on top, I'll probably look like Denethor from the Peter Jackson LotR movies, at which time I'll probably cut it close or shave it all off. I'm not looking forward to that.
  5. Doug Sundseth

Painting hardwood floor look on base

There are a bunch of wood texture tutorials out there. E.g., from this thread here (which has a fair amount of discussion of the issue), there's a link to this tutorial on CMON. But a search on 'miniatures painting wood texture' will bring up many, many tutorials.
  6. I feel like this paint was made for people on this forum...
  7. Pezler the Polychromatic

Cloud Giantess: Yephima 2.0

LOL careful, people will start thinking that they'll be receiving a Corporea-painting Yephima in their Bones 5 box!
  8. Corporea

All of them! Muah hah ha! They will all be mine! Seriously, she is such a gorgeous sculpt, I can't wait to get my bones one and paint it! Ready for retail when I can buy more and try out different skin tones.
  9. Pezler the Polychromatic

@Corporea You're going to paint all the Yephimas now, right?
  10. So, I have some minis that I can't put anything on the base other than paint. They are for a game and the game pieces are stored in a rail system in my box insert. Meaning the bases slide in to hold everything in place for transport leaving no room to glue anything to on the base. This got me thinking that I can at least paint something on them. For at least some of them I was thinking of painting what looks like a hardwood floor. I've done some googling for tutorials but all the ones I'm finding are about gluing stuff to the base that looks like the planks in a hardwood floor which I can't do. Does anyone know of a tutorial where they show free handing this kind of thing? I'd think it should be easy to paint a few thin black lines to make up the boards themselves, but how do you get a convincing wood grain look after that? Thanks.
  11. Rignes

Let's learn ... Weathering

I was far to distracted by the bikini to even notice the knife.
  12. Jasper_the_2nd

I'm assuming you are asking about head hair here.... These days, probably around an inch, give or take. Too much longer (say by two inches) and it starts to get a mind of its own. In the past, somewhere over 3 feet. I never measured it, but I could tuck it into my jeans back pocket (and sit on it, which is annoying when you don't notice ...for a while) and I'm 6' 2".
  13. odinsgrandson

Sanguinius

I feel that there’s little reason to deny that the primarch miniatures that Forge World has released are some of the best minis ever sculpted for Games Workshop. Unfortunately, I lost the pictures we took of the first primarch I had the opportunity to paint, but I got good pictures of this one. This is Sanguinius, one of the most powerful and loyal of primarch, despite his rather obvious mutation.
  14. Joshinminn

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I'm always going to +1 anthropomorphic cats!
  15. Chris Palmer

Look at the Core Set picture on the Kickstarter page... it was added as the 15K backer reward.
  16. We need equality for trolls! A three headed troll with women's heads! And then one with two of one gender and one of the other. This discrimination against tri-trolls must end!
  17. lexomatic

What 3 headed troll
  18. Female werebeasts Large-sized insect swarms More large-sized dragons (there's a fair number in the S/M and H+ sizes, but not nearly enough variety in the large size) The various nightshades (nightwalker, nightcrawler, etc.) More spell effects Some "Summoning bundles" of creatures appropriate to the various summon spells Athach Halfling and gnome figures on foot and mounted (ideally with interchangeable mounts)
  19. Corsair

Rocky Boi

Very nicely done, and as GW said, welcome to the place.
  20. AuralEntropy

It's pretty basic. I calculate the approximate total retail value based on the size of the minis and divide by the KS cost. Higher value is obviously better. Just a rough guide really. For the core, there are so many minis I think the approximate value will be pretty close as errors in estimating the cost of each are minimized. For sets with only one or a few minis, such as the scions, it might be less accurate. For example, they seem to be somewhere in the range between your standard $8 ogre and a $13 giant. I went with the giant cost, but maybe I should make one of them an $8 to balance them. In the end, just having fun, passing the time a bit. All suggestions for improvements are welcome.
  21. I am just glad that Ron did state yesterday that there was sci-fi/Chronoscope and the car planned. Now, if we can just make those stretch goals! And I will need an anthropomorphic cat with a Tommy Gun for it. https://www.lackadaisy.com/exhibit.php?exhibitid=2 https://www.lackadaisy.com/gallery.php
  22. Clearman

What is your 'Value Rating'?
  23. Today
  24. LittleBluberry

Honestly I think there is a balance between size and price, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be happy with a slightly smaller ship if that kept the price reasonable. They would have to keep the scale right, but as long as 1" squares are actually 1", I'm not picky. ...
  25. Loim

@dks is a cyborg assassin from the future who forsook his programming and decided to use his powers for good by painting little army men. True fact. However that tutorial on eyes is still my go too as well. You've got some good brush control from the picture.
  1. Load more activity