All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Pingo

Inktober/Drawlloween

Day 13, Dory Whynot's prompt is "Apothecary." Another tribute to the World of Darkness campaign set in East Germany in the 1980s (and some Old School type brush and ink illustration): https://twitter.com/AchronalA/status/1183514285923852295 https://www.instagram.com/p/B3k0CQknnbM/
  3. I'm sad. Last week, my bees looked to be very few in number. Didn't see the queen, but saw enough larva that I knew she was there. Perfectly normal to not see her, so I didn't worry. I've found her this week. Outside the hive. Dead. Not sure if the sudden cold snap this week got her. It did get a LOT of my bees. I'd bet half of the hive died since Thursday. I do believe it's way too late in the year to try to get a new queen ordered, and if they raise up a new queen, I'm not sure there will be a drone around to mate her. I'm confident that I can write off the entire hive this year. *sigh* Oh well. Guess I'll just start again in the spring.
  4. NebulousMissy

Reaper Bones 5 : Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

You were fine. I never knew the big spiders to hit the beach or even the city. They tended to stay up the mountain where the University is hidden. On campus is where you're likely to look down in your own dorm and see a tarantula walking across your floor* * Also happened. My partner's dorm. The tarantula got confined to a plastic bin for 3 weeks. His name was Sneaky Pete. He got let go upon the end of the term.
  5. I’ll have a look. I tried flipping the phone for a picture, but that one posted upside down. Editing them and rotating them cleared whatever locked orientation was there. I didn’t have that problem uploading to Blogger, fwiw.
  6. ttuckerman

Glad my wife did not know. We Santa Cruzed the Boardwalk last week on our way up the Pacific Coast Highway.
  7. It was a nice quiet day today, and starting to feel autumnal. I decided that my main project for the day was going to be to bake some bread, but I also got a solo Dragon Rampant game in, part of my slowly progressing solo campaign.
  8. redambrosia

I had just planned on painting her in the colonies that singing spider in the shared YouTube link was wearing. No need for clothes!
  9. Jellyranger69

New Here!

No, that’s great advice! I haven’t played with varnishes yet so I will give that a try! I’m ALWAYS interested in suggestions and feedback. I don’t have any fellow painters in my social circle so y’all will have to be my 2nd set of eyes. I like Citadel only because I find it easy to work with, but it’s definitely thick. I like their washes. Plus the colors all have awesome names. I’m not a fan of Army Painter paints. Game Air are very nice in my opinion, vibrant and smooth. Haven’t tried any Reaper colors or Tamiya. Thanks so much all!
  10. For a fabled “some day” that may never come? Trust me, paint while you can paint. Paint your fancy models, paint your bones models, paint those models from 40 years ago that look like they have no face. Just paint them. And, if some day, you decided that you’re “good enough”, dunk them in cleaner and repaint them.
  11. Today
  12. NebulousMissy

UC Santa Cruz The campus is built into the side of a mountain spanning 3 separate biomes. Lower campus is a coastal grassland type biome with old rock quarries dotting the landscape. Full of tarantulas. Tarantulas are a migratory species, the males will move en masse in a big horny attempt to find females. Spider Season is a real thing in California, it's late August through November, the only geographic variable is the types of spiders. Some areas have tarantula migrations (just no), some have orange orb spiders that spin 20 foot orbs (they commonly catch sparrows), some have big fuzzy wolf spiders that just crawl around and bite (I have scars). Ugh. No interest in spider minis. Them minis are life-size.
  13. Green Eyed Monster

Was in a Wally World earlier in the week and some woman was completely loosing it [very loudly] at the sight of the crepe paper and pipe cleaner spiders. I finally yelled at her to get a grip. GEM Who has an extremely low tolerance for people who fall apart over trivialities.
  14. haldir

Reaper Radio

https://youtu.be/EyGIfWXDuO8 Rum is the reason Toby Keith While not a big TK fan, sometimes he can surprise yah.
  15. Sounds like it is set to Landscape, which locks the long axis to horizontal. (Portrait locks it to vertical.). The Auld Grump
  16. Dragoneye

Getting to Know You, October 2019

Smell: I wish I could still smell coffee in the morning. I woeked for a coffee roaster and you have to put my nose i it for me to smell it anymore. :( So bacon! I can smell bacon! Breakfast: pecan kringle (o&h please) and bicuits with sausage gravy.
  17. Mealworms have a very mild almond like flavor.... never ate them live though.
  18. StarFyre

Uhm which school did you go to? Sanjay
  19. Sirithiliel

I will get the big spider and spider encounter, for a diorama idea i have
  20. Be warned - crickets, grasshoppers, and bees don't actually taste like much of anything. If you want something with actual flavor, I recommend trying ants in chocolate, which are surprisingly tasty. (Think a Krackle bar with a taste like a Raisinette.) I would happily eat the ants again, but would only eat crickets if very hungry. The Auld Grump There are at least two versions of Barnacle Bill - one is the dirty version. The other is filthy! For the memorial concert they sang the dirty version - but when she could get away with it she sang the filthy version. (A 98 year old woman singing a song that would make a sailor blush. The sailor's name was Captain Kendall Morse. ) She was part of the folk scene when it was beginning in Greenwich Village. The Auld Grump - I would limit myself to the dirty version. Like Kendall, I am of more delicate sensibilities.
  21. Just remember in space no one can hear you scream!!
  22. Sylverthorne

... that seems like something there oughta be film of. Or that would make a good diorama.. >.> I'm really liking the spider. Don't know if we're getting one, although Mr. Thorne said something like 'we could use a large weaver. Most large spider sculpts are wolf spiders of some sort' - and he's not wrong.
  23. NebulousMissy

The Dark Elves might be tomorrow's unlock. I, personally, am looking forward to what's beyond the gigantic spider. At least it doesn't look like the tarantulas that roamed my college campus, too much butt and not enough hair. Also not enough chasing co-eds down the sidewalk* *Yes this actually happened. Every year. Multiple times. You'd see this 20 year old girl run by screaming then look down and there's this tarantula with its forelegs up, scuttling in her general direction.
  24. Ohhhh cuteness! Used an airbrush I see :) <hugs> for the not nice day. Want a fat buzzy? Good Morning All Hope the buzzies are fat, the coffee is hot and the day is nice. For a Monday anyway.
  25. $38,800 (I round) to free the Dark Elves souls and bring them to life.
  26. ksbsnowowl

Not wondering at all. It will drop when the next map does.
  27. Disciple of Sakura

Yeah. The Chibis were on an adventure for Mr. Bones, the DM. They got about as far as discovering the Drow city, and then the thing petered out.
  1. Load more activity