All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Corsair

Getting To Know You — May 2019

I don't hashtag. For snacking I like Muenster, for burgers, Cheddar
  3. they are =P but the new miniature is already made, so it can't be based on something recently discovered. If it looks like something discovered in the future, then it's a happy coincidence, but it couldn't possibly be what inspired the mini itself, which is what we're discussing Could be like the raptors in Jurassic Park. "Production on Jurassic Park began before the discovery of the large dromaeosaurid Utahraptor was made public in 1991, but as Jody Duncan wrote about this discovery: "Later, after we had designed and built the Raptor, there was a discovery of a Raptor skeleton in Utah, which they labeled 'super-slasher'. They had uncovered the largest Velociraptor to date - and it measured five-and-a-half-feet tall, just like ours. So we designed it, we built it, and then they discovered it. That still boggles my mind."
  4. Won't someone think of @Crowley!
  5. ttuckerman

Maybe Pi Day, if it is a #HH. The one I hate is Star Wars Day. To take a somber day of reflection and make it a celebration of a b movie franchise is criminal. (I know I am being kind, but if I said D- movie I would get this thrown to the bees.) Not much of a wine drinker but Baby Swiss is my cheese.
  6. SisterMaryNapalm

The Year of The Goblin...maybe

Didn't check the thread completely, but I haven't seen @buglips*the*goblin in here. Anything we should know, @malefactus? Maybe a secret collaboration for taking over the world?
  7. Today
  8. Reaper has all the fantasy RPGs covered in depth in my view and it would be good to see a bit more coverage for skirmish or mass wargames. It would be brilliant to buy some of the Warlord unit packs but in Bones material, for example. Loads of great models in the back catalogue like the Reptus, Razig, bloodstone gnomes, dwarf females. More generally though, would be good to see siege engines, beasts (other than dragons) with riders, war beasts with howdahs etc. These would be brilliant in Bones/ Bones black material as so light and easy to construct.
  9. Pingo

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

Me too. I didn’t even know sweetened grapefruit juice was a thing until I ordered some at some nasty* chain restaurant on a road trip and discovered I could taste the difference between fructose (or whatever natural sugars are in citrus fruit) and cane sugar. Yuck! *The sort of place that smells of ground-in cigarette smoke regardless of local laws and when you order “brown rice” you discover it is white rice with brown gravy and the only point is to try to get something with a little nutrition and not too unhealthy to shore you up until you get to where you are going.
  10. Rigel

Bones 4 Dreadmere Crimson Herald

Great slick purple on the tentacles!
  11. Brianuk

Bones 4 Skeletal Chimera plus vampire rider

Love this. Good to see the scale of the Puppets War heads (thank you) as was thinking of getting some.
  12. Brianuk

Bones 3 Iron Golem

Enjoyed painting this iron golem from Bones 3. Just used basic drybrushing and washes, then added some 5mm foam (squashed a bit) to the base to carry on the flagstone effect that the model already has. I didn't go mad blending in the original and new material, just wanted to show it as cracks in a stone floor.
  13. Brianuk

Bones 4 wyvern

Painted her up quite simply, going for purple and pink rather than lizard green. Tried to add some texture and detail to the base, as the model comes on a small detailed statue/rock base. The skulls are resin orc and dwarf skulls, from Ristuuls/Bad Squiddo Games.
  14. Brianuk

Bones 4 darkreach gnomes

Loved painting this little crew. They are the size of the new Kobolds, (those are 20mm bases) with lots of nice details and character to pick out. I tried to use lots of pastels and light greys (and odd hair colours) to make them look distinct from dwarves.
  15. Enjoyed painting these but can't say I applied any great magic or too much time to them. They were all really quick to complete, working up from coloured primer with washes then bone or cream or pink for details.
  16. Brianuk

Bones 4 Dreadmere Crimson Herald

Painted up this Lich using washes and coloured primer again. Then applied lots of pastels for a desaturated grimy look. The base is gloss mod podge over dark blue grey, with some sweepings from a bag of logs stuck on whilst wet, and the whole thing given an umber wash when glue was dry. Really love this figure and again good to see it in Bones and as a one piece mini.
  17. Pezler the Polychromatic

Not really into the hashtag holidays, they're so prevalent that they lose any meaning. As for cheese, I don't have a particular favourite, but I do enjoy trying new ones whenever I can. Applewood smoked cheddar and smoked provolone are good for snacking on, but everyone should try sage derby or fiddler's green(sage derby, red leicester, and cheddar, or a delicious huntsman (Alternating layers of double gloucester and stilton). Try a great Five Counties cheese (layers of Cheddar, Cheshire, Derby(sometimes sage derby), Double Gloucester and Red Leicester), or an amazing Red Dragon truckle (made with Welsh brown ale and wholegrain mustard seeds, it has a bit of bite to it). Another one that I cannot recommend enough is Highland Chief cheddar cheese, made with scotch. When you cut open the wax you get a strong puff of the scent of single malt whisky, but I've never had a smoother cheddar than this one. Unfortunately, it's normally available only around the Christmas season, but the cheese store that I go to has changed hands a couple times and now has far less selection than before. Below are pictures of cheesy cheese: I like cheese.
  18. ced1106

1st time flocking with Mossbeard Treeman

Not seeing any problems. I'd add eyes to give a sense of life to the model. Keep at it!
  19. HiveFleetCerberus

Bones 4 Small World Heroes (pic heavy)

Drawing inspiration from an old blog post I read somewhere, two of my friends and I bought the Bones 4 core set and Dreadmere, setting up a draft and taking turns picking our favorite models. Here are the four Small World Heroes that I ended up with: Galladon: Sophie: Almaran: Lysette: All together:
  20. Unruly

The key to killing The Butcher is to find a gated room, close the door behind you, and hit him with a bow or spells through the gate. You didn't miss much. When it first came out it was an absolute mess with a real-money auction house, a loot system that was designed to pretty much force usage of the auction house by intentionally dropping items for other classes at a much higher rate, a developer team that considered any build that was useful at higher difficulties to be "broken" so they nerfed it into oblivion about a day later, the inability to play offline largely because of the real-money auction house, and no free roaming play at all. You either had to play through the story again and again or just not play, because unlike Diablo and Diablo 2 you couldn't just go to different areas whenever you wanted to. It took them about a year to fix the loot system to be useful, during which time they were banning people from the forums for making complaints about it. Two years after release they put out the expansion which finally added a free-roam play option and removed the auction house from the game. They also did a console version of the game which has an offline play option despite their claiming that the game was built from the ground up to require an Internet connection(they said loot drops are handled server-side) any time the PC players asked for one. PC still doesn't have an offline mode. Diablo 3 was the last Blizzard game I ever bought because of how it was handled. I stopped playing it after about two months, because there was no sign of any real improvement, every patch(released just about every other day) was nothing but nerfs, and so many complaints were being brushed aside or met with forum bans. People kept trying to tell me it "got so much better" after about 6 months, but that start had left such a bad taste in my mouth that I refused to go back. I mean, for the first two weeks you could barely even play the game because of the infamous "Error 37," which was Blizzard's way of saying "we're idiots who didn't think this game that people have been begging for for 6 years and requires you to connect to our servers to play would be popular, so we didn't have enough servers running to handle all the players despite the fact that we have years of experience with the world's most popular MMO under our belt and we knew that preorders numbered in the millions." Is it obvious that I hold a grudge?
  21. First time posting, figured I would share my finished Bones 4 Small World Sophie:
  22. Here is what I took The box may not get mailed back out until Tuesday, also it was veryfull so it was hard to fit much of anything back in there DX
  23. blargney

Necromantic logging machinery

I ran the encounter last night. The looks on the players' faces was panic mixed with delight. Success!
  24. Darcstaar

Djinn bones 4

Great job. I love the transition effect.
  25. ratsmitglied

Reaper Bones 4: Enthusiasm and Commentary Thread

I'm expecting Australian shipping to occur between the 7th and 14 June, so my bones arrive when away for 10 days!
  26. OneBoot

Mmm birch beer. I tell people my favorite root beer isn't root beer, it's birch beer, it's got such a wonderfully strong 'root beer' flavor. Sarsaparilla is also quite good. Huzzah! --OneBoot :D
  27. I did and my son did as well. I want to see if any of the gaming group is interested and then I will post the loot...
  1. Load more activity