All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. OneBoot

PaizoCon 2019!

Some highlights so far, in no particular order and mostly lacking in context: *This summary from my We Be Goblins! game on Friday (I will translate my handwriting in a later post, I was writing in a hurry): *OneBoot rolls a 1 on her "Read Paint labels" check *General agreement that pretty new metallic is pretty *Cosmo fails to horribly muder people with clowns; OneBoot is disappointed *Serious discussion about putting pants on an elephant *ReaperBryan was the crazy magnet *Everything is Ron's fault. Yes, even that *OneBoot gets rubber-chickened *Much serious discussion about washes and mixing paints *Exclamations of amazement over the blackest rooster that ever blacked *Sylverthorne paints adorably awesome chibis *Swapping of multiple pretty business cards *Darsc brings Bones 4 minis and everyone agrees they are pretty awesome *We all covet Tripleh's super sweet light *Sylverthorne has the bestest paint travel rack thingy of awesome *Baba Yaga's hut draws lots of attention *Who made this sign wrong, and are we allowed to fix it? *We r prefeshinulz! *OneBoot is corrupting today's youth with shiny paints *Paizo yells RELEASE THE SPOILERS (figuratively but also kind of literally) *Elephant clown is gloriously terrifying I'll think of some more later, getting sleepy now. Huzzah! --OneBoot :D
  3. Green Eyed Monster

Randomness XV: 'tis a silly place.

A couple of clothes pins will solve the gappy curtain problm. Personally I use S-Beiners bcause I carry those for securing luggage to baggage trollies. I also carry a Roaming Gnome. One of the Travelocity Roaming Gnomes who serves as my eyeglasses keeper when they aren't on my face, both at home and when traveling. Since the gnome has started acting as my eyeglass valet I haven't had any problems fumbling for eyeglasses that aren't ~exactly~ where I would put them down. I just fold my glasses and place them over his pointy cap, hinge up and he keeps them safe and secure until I wake up. Serves the same duty both at home and on the road. GEM
  4. I managed to put some paint time in. Two hours or so to accomplish four lizardfolk: Certainly not great quality, but my goal was "complete in time for my game at noon tomorrow, to a higher standard than the old D&D Miniatures prepaints." I feel comfortable with saying I achieved that. @Inarah, are you keeping tabs on how many figures the forum as a whole paints for these challenges? (I suppose based on what is played specifically to this thread) It would be kinda fun to have those stats.
  5. OneBoot

PaizoCon 2019!

In my defense, I was very tired Thursday when we were setting up, and just assumed that all the boxes of paint were new colors lol. I also just realized I had 2 bottles of the same Andoran blue in one of my pics. I'm still not sure how that happened. Huzzah! --OneBoot :D
  6. Unruly

Have you tried frying the bologna? Like you would a slice of ham. I don't particularly care for it that way either, but some people do. About the only time I eat bologna is when it's part of a multi-meat thing with at least ham as well, or if I get the cold cut combo at subway, where it serves as the protein in what is otherwise a salad when I'm done with it.
  7. Fire_Eyes

Need newb advice

I try to use a dedicated brush for my sealer to avoid having any colored paint contaminating my paint jobs during sealing. I clean my brushes but every so often when I'd use my regular brushes to seal a little fleck of old paint would find its way into my figure. Usually on the face or somewhere equally as inconvenient. I'd recommend making sure your water is clean when sealing for the same reason
  8. OneBoot

ReaperCon 2019 Ribbons

What Dilvish said. I fling my STOMP of Approval ribbons at pretty much everyone (just need to tell me your username on the forums), and have given out between 100 and 150 in previous years. My SHINY!!!!! ribbons will primarily be for people who take my class, so I'll probably need around 60-70. Huzzah! --OneBoot :D
  9. Today
  10. ced1106

How do you paint the transparent pieces

I'd add to paint only *one* side of the miniature, typically the front. Otherwise, if the miniature is translucent enough, any paint showing from the back will make it more difficult to see the front. Here's Tamiya Clear, followed by a controlled wash of Army Painter Green Ink. Unfortunately, from a distance, it's more difficult to see the details. Maybe then start highlighting and detailing in regular paints, but you'll also want to paint a transition from ethereal to solid.
  11. vhaidra

Atlantis Miniatures Dwarven Scribe

Aaaargh way to many supercool paintjobs here.....this could become an addiction to look at haha. Wow, this is awesome. Fantastic job on all this freehands and the overall painting is just excellent. Love it!!!
  12. vhaidra

77389 Highland(er) Heroine - quick paint

Wow awesome job, especially at the face!!! Nice muted colourscheme. Anyhow I have got feeling I remember your name. Can it be that we have met in earlier days on this board? However, fantastic paintjob here, I love it!!! Edit: Ah some research helped lol. I checked out some of your older posts from the time I was active here last time. Yes, yes, yes now I remember. Derek Schubert if I`m right. Great artist I always admired. No I don`t think we had contact in a personally way, but I can remind your work very well now after I have seen it. I`m glad to see you are still active and looking forward to your future paintjobs and sculpts.
  13. BlazingTornado

floppy hat skeleton wizard??

The newest D&D campaign book. With 5E conversions of the old U1-U3 modules plus a bunch of Dragon Magazine adventures all spread out to form a full sea/shore campaign. Also adds a bunch of things, like the dead alchemist in U1 The Sinister Secret Of Saltmarsh now animating and coming out of his secret door so players no longer have to worry about searching for secret passages in order to find neat things. And, well. The art portrays him as a skeleton with a floppy hat.
  14. vhaidra

The Order of the Red Witches

Wow 9 Minis in 4 days painted up to this level??? Shock haha. That`s really great speedpainting. They all look very good, I also especially love the good job at the faces, but the nmm and the dresses also look very good.
  15. I went morel hunting today and it left me exhausted, but I did manage to finish up a few foxes
  16. vhaidra

Lidless Eye Hobbies: Baba Yaga's Dancing Hut

Yep, indeed: Supercool. I simply love it. Fantastic job!!! This stronge tone from army painted seems to be really great for shading. I admit I never used it before, because I always paint my shadows with diluted Vallejo Paints only, but I have seen already tons of good results by using this stronge tone. Great!
  17. TGP

floppy hat skeleton wizard??

(I’ll bite...) What is Ghosts of Saltmarsh?
  18. TGP

When I was a kid the parental and grand parental units knew that I would like Spinach. I watched the Popeye cartoon. Popeye ate spinach. Could not pronounce it but enthusiastically chomped it. But I failed to like Spinach. From cans. Like in the cartoon. ~~~~~~~ I also disliked Baloney as a kid. I learned to ask for ham or other things. ~~~~~~~ Today I like Spinach if nobody ruined it by canning it. But it turns out; I still dislike Baloney. WalMart gifted me with about two pounds of someone else’s Baloney the other day. It’s just like in the TV commercial, they bring stuff out, stuff it in your car, & off you go. Nobody is ticking off anything against a list. So I tried some free Baloney. My inner child had that correct all along. ~~~~~~~ Something I did Order was called chocolate brioche. I had no idea what it was exactly when I ordered it. But... turns out I like it.
  19. SparrowMarie

Second migraine in 3 days. I'm over this. Technically haven't finished moving out because no one was in the office to take our keys. We might be able to get in and retrieve the last few items we had to leave behind. I can't go back though, leaving the first time was hard enough. So that's up to Husband to deal with.
  20. vhaidra

Pig and Cart Speedpaints (Bones 4)

Wow this pigs are looking really great! Especially the pink one turned out very realistic. Awesome job!
  21. vhaidra

01594 Yule Treant(s) by J. Guthrie

LOL funny sculpts and I like the painting very much, especially the eyes. Nice difference between them of this slightly different colour selection. Good work on all details. Thumbs up!
  22. Cool presentation with this library as the environment and the story. Miniatures are cool too. Like it
  23. LOL, I find them supercool. Great! Again a very nice scene and this osl turned out damned good!!! I love this freaky sculpts and the paintjobs too.
  24. vhaidra

Party of five for rematch against Kingmaker

Great! They look all pretty good. I love all this colours and as others said already: Supercool bases too!!! I guess my favorite is the halfling on the base with squares and this thief with the bow. The other ones are cool too. Congrats, a really nice bunch of adventurers.
  25. There are 24+ hours remaining in the paint challenge.
  26. SamuraiJack

ReaperCon 2019 Ribbons

Maybe or me, either: ENABLER or OUCH, MY WALLET: Tell me about a miniature related item you bought after I posted about it in the forums
  27. There is always tomorrow? (All I really did was some organizing.) I found one metal Orc that was missing his head, tried cleaning him a bit, and glued another head on. I tried making a base for a Sci-Fi figure. That worked out poorly. I’m just not feeling it.
  1. Load more activity